Howdy from CMDR Roland Dejew

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Roland_DeJew
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Roland Dejew
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Howdy from CMDR Roland Dejew

Postby Roland_DeJew » Wed May 03, 2017 5:26 am

Howdy,

Just returning to Elite after getting a new PC, a Vive, and a Thrustmaster TFlight Hotas X; haven't played since launch. I've heard good things, and the game seems to be in better shape than ever.

Been back for 2 or 3 days, and feel like I am starting to get a feel for my keybinds and get my space legs back.

Looking to get up to speed on the new Horizons content, grow my wallet, hire a wingman, and start hammering away at some Community Goals or PowerPlay objectives (while not being blown out of the sky by folks who have been playing since day 1)

Change of ship feels like my first order of business. I'm currently sitting on 18mil cash and riding a vulture that I could sell for 22mil. Looks like everything of a higher class is going to require some more reputation and/or more cash.

Would you just grind out some trading with a type7? What would you do with 40 mil and a clean slate?

I'm thinking a multi-purpose ship might be the right fit for me; something where i can run cargo missions; do some light trading; or take down some not-too-challenging bounties. Any recommendations on which ship can help me rep up with Feds or Imperials and get an assult ship, dropshop, cruiser, or cutter?

Hope to get my invitation accepted soon and see y'all around. Thanks for reading. o7

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Howdy from CMDR Roland Dejew

Postby JohnLuke » Wed May 03, 2017 9:55 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Roland Dejew.

One suggestion for a ship at your currently price point would be an Asx X. It'll carry a good amount of cargo, has great jump range for missions or trading, and decent hardpoints.

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 03, 2017 4:17 pm

I think you'll probably want to do as JL said and look into the Asp Explorer until you've stockpiled a few more credits, after which a Python is a multi-role ship that can take you very, very far (and is still probably my favorite ship to fly.)

But that's kinda the order of multi-role ships, methinks. Cobra-->Asp-->Python-->Anaconda

Roland_DeJew
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Roland Dejew
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roland_DeJew » Thu May 04, 2017 7:46 am

Thanks! Will load up a new Asp!

Return to “Introductions”