CMDR. Gunnar Hagedorn

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
John Tenzer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gunnar Hagedorn
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR. Gunnar Hagedorn

Postby John Tenzer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

"You know, I am done with Computer Gaming and - if any - I'd only play one last game. That is ELITE IV, if it ever is released", I told my brother.

One year later I had to prove to be a man of my words...

:roll:

I have played the original version of ELITE day in day out with a friend when I was in school, later then First Encounters and fell in love with this beautiful sand box game, that opened up the Galaxy as a realm of imagination for us - in a similar way Carl Sagans COSMOS did.

Thus jumping back into the verse once ELITE: DANGEROUS came around was a literal no-Brainer.

All in all, the game is like I expected it to be - in a positive way. Lot's of Space to explore, lots f stuff to tinker with, lots of players to interact. But sadly also

Griefers :(

I am not talking about pirates, infiltrators, privateers or blockade militia, which all serve a justifyable in-game purpose.

I am talking about these guys that are hovering next to a Space Station to execute any player ship that leaves or lands, regardless of that ships legal status or any existing cargo, just for breaking the other players game and claiming to be backed up by the designers idea of being offered overall freedom in play style (disregarding the point that they cut down the victims freedom by enforcing their style on the unwilling mass of players) and brag about their experience in public in a "survival of the fittest" timbre.

Since I'm not interested in paying for their crooked idea of self-justification with my free time, money and resources I looked for a proper group of players with a more - well - constructive attitude, one, that I suppose to be more in line with the intended game experience and found MOEBIUS.

Though I know, it isn't perfect and waterproof against those people, I am looking forward to enjoy my time with the rest of like-minded members of this group.

I myself am around 40, a Brazilian/German-halfbreed living in the Netherlands, that enjoys selected animated series, Ghibli, Infinity: The Table Top Game, Miniatures Painting, Kickboxing and Capoeira, Classic Music, as well as philosophical and politcial conversations.

:)

Oh, and I have a younger brother, CMDR. CARA MURU, who'll likewise join Moebius for basically the same reasons I have.

We both are right now stationed on CERES TARN in HR 1185, so if luck has it, we might meet there.

O7, Commanders...!
Last edited by John Tenzer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR. Gunnar Hagedorn

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:54 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Gunnar Hagendorn.

It sounds like you have a serious case of E-D addiction there. :D

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

John Tenzer
Harmless
Harmless

Postby John Tenzer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:14 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Gunnar Hagendorn.

It sounds like you have a serious case of E-D addiction there. :D

Thanks,

any idea about how long it will take to accept my request to join the MOBIUS PVE private group...? (Request was send yesterday...!)

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 am

John Tenzer wrote:any idea about how long it will take to accept my request to join the MOBIUS PVE private group...? (Request was send yesterday...!)

Applications are temporarily on hold whilst DUAL MEMBERSHIP PROJECT is undertaken. We hope that this doesn't take too long (but FD have obviously been busy lately), once completed your request to join the group will be processed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

John Tenzer
Harmless
Harmless

Postby John Tenzer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Ah, alright. Seems like the last call has ended and the application been excepted. Great, thanks!

:D

On another note, I am wondering what to expect from player interactions in this private group, especially the hostile ones.

"Griefing" isn't excepted here, but what about the other interactions like Piracy of Players on Players, Trade Blockades etc., as in all the the roleplaying related hostile actions?

Frowned upon or colourful part of the environment if done right? :idea:

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:33 pm

John Tenzer wrote:Ah, alright. Seems like the last call has ended and the application been excepted. Great, thanks!

On another note, I am wondering what to expect from player interactions in this private group, especially the hostile ones.

"Griefing" isn't excepted here, but what about the other interactions like Piracy of Players on Players, Trade Blockades etc., as in all the the roleplaying related hostile actions?

Basically no form of PVP (pirating, bounty hunting, blockading, etc, etc...) against other players is allowed, with the exception of combat zones (and even then there are rules) no one is allowed to attack another player in any form.

The Policy page outlines the rules.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

John Tenzer
Harmless
Harmless

Postby John Tenzer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Xebeth wrote:
John Tenzer wrote:Ah, alright. Seems like the last call has ended and the application been excepted. Great, thanks!

Basically no form of PVP (pirating, bounty hunting, blockading, etc, etc...) against other players is allowed, with the exception of combat zones (and even then there are rules) no one is allowed to attack another player in any form.

The Policy page outlines the rules.

Very good. Thanks for the link. :)

Cheers!

Return to “Introductions”