CMDR Rhel Thorn

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
DaMaDo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Rhel Thorn

Postby DaMaDo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi, I'm brand spanking new. I'm applying to the Mobius PVE group.

I saw the game on sale on steam and decided to buy the whole bundle. I like the idea of a safe(r) PVE world to explore with friends so I found the Mobius group and would like to join. I'm still going through the tutorials and hope to learn as much as I can. I love the aspects of being able to fly down into planets seamlessly and multicrew. Those are the two features I've wanted to experience the most in a game.

I started playing MMOs with Ultima Online in 1997 and have been in one or another since then, although my play time is a lot less now. I have some Eve Online accounts, but don't play too much anymore and I also have a Star Citizen account that I just dabble with.

I'm a 41 yr old married male mechanical engineer living in northern Alabama and my hobbies include mountain biking, woodworking, and I'm trying to get into skeet/trap. Hope to meet you all soon!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: CMDR Rhel Thorn

Postby TorTorden » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Welcome around.

Thing is.
Elite is not an mmo.

Its massive, yes, but only in scope.
Its multiplayer, yes, but only barely.
Its online, yes, but mostly just in regards to the background sim.

But put more than 5 people in the same instance and the game will break down, often to an utterly unplayable state.
You will find your self randomly connecting with other players in the same group, apart from solo of course, and 30 seconds later lose the connection.

Its far closer to the player ghosts you see in dark souls game rather than any normal multiplayer.
I can understand how people can be confused since even some of the game designers are as well.

But at best, as a game its a four player co-op where you can randomly connect with others and just as randomly disconnect.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Rhel Thorn

Postby Xebeth » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Rhel Thorn

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “Introductions”