CMDR Laithar

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
laithar
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Laithar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Laithar

Postby laithar » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi all

I'm Commander Laithar based in the UK so I'm on GMT +1 at the moment. I'm in the Mobius Group

Been a fan of Elite in it's many guises since the wire-frame days. Guess that shows my age somewhat...ha. I have had Horizons since 2015 but with one thing or another happening in my personal life (recently lost my father to cancer after 5 months of nursing), I haven't really spent much time on it. I want to change that and so I want to get up to speed fairly quickly, if that is possible? I know levelling up will take time but making credits and buying ships/mods can come quicker, right?.

I've watched youtube videos on how to make some money, bought myself a Cobra MkIII and an ASP Explorer. Things are going okay and I'm having fun but I guess I'm ready to move onto the next stage. As patient as I am, I'd like things to go a little quicker if it's at all possible. So I'm looking for a mentor or mentors (if that's a thing in ED) that wouldn't mind a wingman to tag along and learn the ropes. I'm not a total noob and I'm not specifically into fighting but I have been known to shoot a few of the 'wanted' just to make some credits. I've spent some hours in my SRV too. I'm a quick learner, I've set up Discord for comms or if you prefer Teamspeak, I have that too. I have a Warthog Hotas and my next purchase will be Crossfire pedals. I also have Voice Attack and EDDI, which I've found interesting. I'm in the IOTA PERSEI system at the moment but I don't mind relocating. There's just so much I would like to do and as much time as I've spent in this universe, I think I've only ever seen NPCs. That needs to change.

Thanks
Laithar

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Laithar

Postby Xebeth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Laithar

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Welcome to the group.

A Cobra 3 and Asp X are great ships to take you to the next level. Very versatile. I didn't get a sense of a clear direction of what you like to do in the game. How are you currently making most of your money? Bounty hunting, running missions, trade runs, or.... ???

I'd be happy to offer you some tips and wing with you for pew pew, if you're in-game during my limited hours. I get very little E-D time during the week, but am usually around on the weekends at roughly 8:00AM-12:00PM and 7:00PM-10:00PM GMT, give or take an hour here or there.

I have Discord and TS as well (I prefer Discord) for voice comms. Feel free to add me in-game. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

laithar
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Laithar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby laithar » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Thanks guys,

JohnLuke - I'm currently making my money by flying into a high resource site and hoping there are some big ships that I can blast. I wait until they've been started on by the peace keeping task force first, then make them see red. I've made a good few million credits in relatively few hours. I've read wings get the same amount of credits so I was hoping to tag along on a few high payout missions just to build my credit up. Don't know if I'm into the bounty hunting, I think I'd like to go exploring and hopefully discover something new.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:55 am

I do a fair amount of bounty hunting in Haz-RES on the weekends. It sounds like you've been BH in high-Res which is very similar, except there aren't usually any security forces in a Haz-RES. You're welcome to join me, and test the new payout format for wings.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:10 pm

laithar wrote:Thanks guys,

JohnLuke - I'm currently making my money by flying into a high resource site and hoping there are some big ships that I can blast.......

Thanks for the wing today, Laithar. I had a blast while we were.... um .... blasting .... those darn pirates. :evil:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Introductions”