CMDR Jozzers

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
CMDR Jozzers
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jozzers
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Jozzers

Postby CMDR Jozzers » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:17 am

Hi All, CMDR Jozzers here,

UK Based, 36 years old, long time player just picked it up again before the last CG. I wanted to find a group of PvE people as it's a little lonely in Solo mode so I posted an intro over the official forums (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost5340656) and I have just requested to join the Mobius PvE PC group; I hope to see you guys around in there if you'll have me.

I've just completely upgraded my rig after recovering from the expense of moving house so the next step is to get familiar with the T.16000 FCS (excellent bit of kit, will post bindings when happy) before having a go in the Rift which I suspect could be superb.

I spent most of the early days trading and building up to my Clipper (The Imperial Chopper) and now enjoy anything other than piracy really, not too much into exploration and I'm working towards one of the big three ships and if that can be achieved among other 'real' people then I'm sure it'll be a richer experience. As mentioned in my thread on the other forum, I'm not into ruining anyones game and the biggest D!cks I want to encounter are the AI :)

If there are any sub groups within the mobius pve group who are online some evenings and most weekends (UK Time) and have a collective aim which helps us all progress in the way we choose then that'll be nice to be involved in too.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully see you out in the black soon, I'm currently docked in Lu Hub, Gandii having a tentative go in Solo mode at the CG and will be jumping back online later after a quick blast around Donington in PCARS. :)

CMDR Jozzers
Last edited by CMDR Jozzers on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Jozzers

Postby Xebeth » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:38 am

CMDR Jozzers wrote:I wanted to find a group of PvP people

I assume this is a typo and you mean PvE, there is no PvP allowed in Mobius outside of CZs and even there then there are rules.

That aside,

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Jozzers

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

CMDR Jozzers
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Jozzers » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Xebeth wrote:
CMDR Jozzers wrote:I wanted to find a group of PvP people

Xebeth wrote: I assume this is a typo and you mean PvE, there is no PvP allowed in Mobius outside of CZs and even there then there are rules.

Yes of course, it was a typo, edited now sorry :)

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Welcome to the group.

When you get settled in with your HOTAS and try the Rift, you'll likely be amazed. I have a Vive, and it's absolutely astounding. Yes, you loose some resolution in the game, but the immersion is incredible.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

CMDR Jozzers
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Jozzers » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:05 am

Thanks chaps,

I'm just getting the bindings sorted for the SRV before I feel comfortable in the Rift I think, then I'll be tinkering with the SS settings. Can't wait :)

Hopefully see you guys online soon.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS

Postby thebs » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Since the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS has dropped under US$100 on Amazon:
- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KCHPRXA/

Can you answer a few questions?
- Once you loaded the driver, did all axes show up in Windows to calibrate (and what Windows version)?
- Or did you have to load the Thrustmaster software for everything to work?

Understand I'm using a pair of Saitek X-56 HOTAS units, and other than loading a driver and a registry hack to enable more axes, I avoid loading any other software. That way I just move my Bindings file between Windows systems, and it 'just works.'

But I'd like to get something for my wife, since she's going to be joining me in-game now that 2.3, The Commanders, is out. It would also make a nice backup.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

CMDR Jozzers
Harmless
Harmless

Re: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS

Postby CMDR Jozzers » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:52 pm

thebs wrote:Since the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS has dropped under US$100 on Amazon:

- Once you loaded the driver, did all axes show up in Windows to calibrate (and what Windows version)?

I literally plugged it in and it loaded everything up without fuss in Windows 10, it even has preset bindings loaded in the game (I changed mine a touch as there were a few odd placements) And yes all the axes were there, even the little finger joystick on the throttle unit. :)

Good work in increasing the fleet ;) that's my biggest mission is to convert the Mrs into a CMDR

Edit: Caught me at a good time - just doing a 200,000 Ls SC run for some sightseeing rich kid :)

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Re: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS

Postby thebs » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:24 pm

CMDR Jozzers wrote:
thebs wrote:Since the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS has dropped under US$100 on Amazon:

I literally plugged it in and it loaded everything up without fuss in Windows 10, it even has preset bindings loaded in the game (I changed mine a touch as there were a few odd placements) And yes all the axes were there, even the little finger joystick on the throttle unit. :)

That's exactly what I wanted to hear! I think I'll be ordering one now. ;)

CMDR Jozzers wrote:Good work in increasing the fleet ;) that's my biggest mission is to convert the Mrs into a CMDR

She won't be playing much, maybe just joining me in-cockpit. She's been asking me a lot of questions, especially since Steam shows >500 hours, and likes to buy gifts from the Frontier Store, like for my recent birthday, as well as last year.

Release 2.3 pushed her over the edge, especially with the Holo-Me and customizations. But if you see a purple sidewinder (at least for now) with purple lasers, and a purple suited CMDR in the cockpit, or 'CMDR Heavenly Body' listed in your hud, that's her. ;)

CMDR Jozzers wrote:Edit: Caught me at a good time - just doing a 200,000 Ls SC run for some sightseeing rich kid :)

I'm headed back to the bubble, from Mobia. Time to engineer some better sensors and other things for yet more exploration.

thebs wrote:Don't know if it helps, but I just turned in 23M in exploration data at Pedersen's Legacy (Mobia). It was my first trip to the galactic core, my prior run to Jacques for the community goal on behalf of the MCRN being the first time I had ever been outside the bubble more than 2,000ly.

I'm likely headed back to the bubble to engineer my scanners, as well as pick up my better power planet, distributor and shields, and then will turn back around. I left them in the Bubble when I lightened up my ship for an extra 12ly jump range. I'm moving everything to Mobia now, just feels like the place to be.

[D-LST1] D-list Prime (Anaconda) is now officially named so in 2.3

Oh, it seems the issue with 2.3 Beta users not being able to launch Elite via Steam into VR is also an issue in 2.3 release. So much for Steam screenshots. Guess I need to load up the GeForce Experience and see if it can, along if they fixed the video capture, with the Oculus Rift CV1.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “Introductions”