Hi to all of Mobius

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Hevak
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hevak
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Hi to all of Mobius

Postby Hevak » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to the members of Mobius. I just bought the game yesterday and applied to the Mobius PVE group first thing when I launched it. Got approved in that time as it now shows in the group section in game.

I play as Cmdr. Hevak and I'm based in the Western U.S. though I tend to play later in the day/Evenings.

Thanks for having me as a member. I think this will fit my style of play more then a full on open pvp potential of the Open servers though I did play there for a bit last night. It will be nice to have acess to the group though for a more relaxed time in game.

I just want to mention though that I am brand new to this game, and while I have done fairly decent in the tutorials, except the advanced combat one I cant seem to win at lol, I am still learning a bit. So if you happen across a Cmdr.Hevak in game please forgive me if I make a mistake especially around the rinky dink outpost landing areas in space. I can dock fairly well, big stations you fly into aren't much of a problem but the small outside outposts I have trouble finding and sometimes orientating to the landing pads still.

I have yet to have an accident or anything except for 1 landing attempt I forgot to lower the gear. But I did come across a player in open that was upset when I went over near their pad, which is understandable. The numbers weren't visible and a couple pads were lit up so I got a bit lost and I find them really hard to see and find on those really small floating outposts. I try to be aware of ships in the area though and attempt my best to stay clear and not impact other players. :)

Anyways again thanks for allowing me into the Group hope to see some people around sometime.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Hi to all of Mobius

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Hevak

The learning curve in ED can be pretty steep, so ask as many questions as you like, you'll find everyone here helpful and friendly.

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Pro-tip 1: as you enter the slot for the larger stations your compass will change to indicate the direction of your assigned pad.

Welcome to the forums :)

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Welcome to the group. :) The "tips and tricks" thread that Xebeth linked to above has a ton of helpful tips for newer players. It's worth the time to look through it.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Delvin Kaar
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Delvin Kaar

Postby Delvin Kaar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:37 pm

Welcome to the group. I'm Central US and usually work afternoon/evening shifts, so I'm not usually online until around midnight my time. Feel free to add me in game and on Discord.
CMDR Delvin Kaar (Delvin K on Discord)

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Hevak
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hevak

Postby Hevak » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Ty for the welcome, I will look into all the things mentioned.

I did look at the policy page, and will again as it was a bit before I bought the game that I checked out Mobius. Watched a lot of vids and stuff before deciding on this game and had intended to try to join the group straight away like I did.

Certainly will be interested in faction stuff eventually, for now I'm just trying to get into the swing of things though lol.

RD-83, I'm not sure what you mean by the compass indicating where the pad is, but I will look for that now. Honestly been having a bit of a fog when docking due to being so focused on getting into the slot and watching for npc's. Had one fly right underneath me last night and bumped them, just glad it wasn't another player. But thanks for the tip ill try to notice that.

Thanks again everyone :)

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:35 pm

This is what we mean by the compass. Once you get through the slot, it'll change position to where your landing pad is.
Take the slot slowly and you'll gradually get better at it

Return to “Introductions”