CMDR Fat Barry

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Fat Barry
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fat Barry
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Fat Barry

Postby Fat Barry » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:29 am

G'day everyone, I'll just introduce myself as a new player on the MobiusPVE group by copying my post from the Frontier RP forum, "Introduce your Commander":

(When I chose my CMDR name, I didn't really think of roleplaying, just chose the usual player name... then I realised that roleplaying helps you get the most out of this game. I think it worked well, because I've created a background around the name I probably otherwise wouldn't have thought of)

Born on Eravate 5 to a lower-class agricultural family, Fergus Bartholemew MacInnes grew up staring up at the stars and longing for something more than a simple farm life. He got more than he bargained for. Plagued with money problems, Fergus's father had gotten the family into debt, and before long, the less-than-reputable creditors came looking for their credits, plus interest.

Fergus stepped up to the plate and offered to work off his family debt for the gang by running jobs for them. The gang gave him a Sidewinder, and Fergus began running all sorts of questionable cargo through Federation space. Over the years, a begrudging respect developed between Fergus and the gang. They admired his resourcefulness and dedication, and he admired their entrepreneurial spirit, despite their questionable moral code.

Time took its' toll on Fergus's father. He passed away a number of years later, a sick and broken man. Fergus's mother soon followed. Having lost his family, Eravate 5 had nothing more for him. He offered up his family property to pay off the remaining debt, leaving him with enough to purchase the Sidewinder the gang had loaned him for all those years. A bittersweet farewell, and Fergus made his way to the nearest station to begin his new life. At last, he was free.

Fergus earned the nickname "Fat Barry" while working for the gang. He is actually tall and quite slim. After his first mission, he returned to base and used his hard earned credits to purchase an enormous meal he could never have imagined eating on his family's meager income. Some of the gang members saw him shovelling the food down and nicknamed him "Fat Barry" (Bartholomew being his middle name). The name stuck, and all these years later, he wears it as a badge of pride.

Today, Fat Barry has made a name for himself in Federation space as a mercenary and small-time trader. He's not afraid to rub shoulders with shadier characters, but refuses to lower himself to their level. His friends describe him as a somewhat likeable rogue, a little idealistic and brash. He is ambitious however, and has his eyes on the horizon. He refuses to dig himself into a hole like his father before him.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Fat Barry

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:53 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Fergus. Great back story. :)

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Introductions”