CMDR MetabeeKBT reporting in, eager to join!

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
MetabeeKBT
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MetabeeKBT
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR MetabeeKBT reporting in, eager to join!

Postby MetabeeKBT » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:03 am

hello fellow pilots, my name is CMDR MetabeeKBT

i have started playing elite dangerous for 4 days counting today (the 11th of january)

i was interested in the game after hearing about ALIENS (relative to humans) after seeing the video of the first encounter and learning this game is not a VR title for the oculus headset (Elite Dangerous Valkyrie) , i bought the $30 entry bundle for Xbox one.

after starting the game and getting "lost" i went to reddit tonight to ask for help in finding places for new players to do missions (all missions i was finding were too high ranking for me) after talking to someone who linked me to a christmas post for new players getting the game for the holidays the end mentioned a group of pilots called "Mobius", a PVE private group made to make friends and have adventures in the Elite galaxy. i have had experience with other MMO's and PVP has NEVER been something i enjoy, maybe a friendly duel now and then was good (W.O.W. thing) but i always hated PVP, it was never fun and you sure as hell never made friends doing it.

the one thing that always made me come back to World Of Warcraft was being with my friends and doing quests and dungeons and raids and unlocking the plot of the game. where in PVP your just killing blindly with no goal other than to touch a little flag that does NOTHING after the match is over.

well thats a little story about me and this game and why i feel like i would make a good fit for the Mobius Pilots, "Suum Cuique!" or as your rules pages says "TO EACH HIS OWN!"

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR MetabeeKBT reporting in, eager to join!

Postby smartroad » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:49 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and
Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:30 am

Welcome to the group!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

MetabeeKBT
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MetabeeKBT
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby MetabeeKBT » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:40 pm

hay thx for the warm welcome. so i do have a few questions about the group,

first what chat has the most traffic teamspeak or discord?

second i have read the rules page and im eager to get in and play how do i join the american Xbox private group?

last once i get in......anyone wanna wing up?

Dai
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Dai Sho

Postby Dai » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:28 pm

I am on most evening during the 8pm to 11pm eastern time zone. Not sure if that is anywhere near the time you are playing. I am around the cd-40 395 area at present.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
--Oddball, Kelly's Heroes

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 pm

How to Join Mobius on the Xbox:

joining us on the Xbox is both simpler and more complicated at the same time, as its invite only we will need to know your gamer tag so you will either need to join the forums and post a request in the appropriate thread, or join our facebook group and post an invite request.

To join us on the Xbox via our forums:

as with the PC/Mac group you will need to join the the group that best fits the time you play,

to join the EU based group you need to post in this Forum with your gamer tag + [Mobius EU] as the post title: here

to join the US based group you need to post in this Forum with your gamer tag + [Mobius US] as the post title: here
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Introductions”