CMDR Kneejo introducing

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
kneejo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: kneejo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Kneejo introducing

Postby kneejo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:24 pm

Hey all. I've recently joined the Mobius private group again and thought it's time to do a little introduction.

I've been playing Elite Dangerous for about 1.5 years. Mostly in open. In recent months I've become more and more inclined to join Mobius because of the constant pressure that known griever groups (SDC primarily) have been putting on the open community. I was going to do the community goal at Aeternitas and ran into them again. I just couldn't be bothered anymore trying to dissuade them from their grieving together with other commanders. I wanted to do the CG and not waste my time interdicting people who would run away from a good fight anyway.

I've been flying in Mobius for a few days now and I have to say that the entire mood and atmosphere is different in this group. People in open are generally very wary because they have a sort of paranoia going on, which is fueled by the activities of said griever group. So when I jump in with my battleconda they usually don't even want to have a chat, and jump away or log out as soon as they can. This totally kills the social aspect of meeting random commanders and winging up to achieve some goal together. In Mobius I've found other commanders to be much more respectful and social. I've made a couple of friends in these few days and we're actively winging up and even using the in game voice comms.. all of this is not a usual thing in Open play. Open play on one hand is a group of skilled hunters looking to kill any player they encounter, and on the other hand a group of players who do anything to avoid contact with any players in order to avoid getting grieved. This is not what open play is meant to be in my opinion.

Mobius offers for me that experience that i was looking for in Open, namely meeting other commanders at random and winging up to do fun stuff. Since i've already made a few friends here it will be a more common place to be for me, especially when doing community goals. When I'm in the mood for Pvp i might pop over to open to hunt some grievers, but I think I found the right minded group of people I was looking for with Mobius.

Cya out there! 07

CMDR Kneejo

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Kneejo introducing

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 pm

A pleasure to have you, Kneejo :) And welcome to the forums. I also really appreciate the atmosphere of Mobius, since I play Elite to relax and unwind, it's nice.

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:06 pm

kneejo wrote:... People in open are generally very wary because they have a sort of paranoia going on, which is fueled by the activities of said griever group. So when I jump in with my battleconda they usually don't even want to have a chat, and jump away or log out as soon as they can. ...

I love playing in Open but agree with all you have said, particularly the quote above. I always say hello to real players when I see them in Open (I talk in the open chat box rather than PM, unless somebody PMs me), but on the whole most just run away because, as you said, they are worried. I got interdicted yesterday in Open, but I guess it was somebody who didn't really know what they were doing as when I submitted I could see them, but they didn't move, didn't arm their weapons and never spoke, not even when I ramped up my FSD and left.

Welcome to Mobius. Hope to see you out there.

kneejo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: kneejo

Postby kneejo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:02 pm

I added a message to the friendlist thread. I'll be adding people as I meet them in space though, I think. That's one heck of a long list :D

Frankymole
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Cral Travis

Postby Frankymole » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:43 am

Welcome, Commander. Thanks for the excellent description of what Mobius means to you, it sums up entirely what I want from a player group.

Return to “Introductions”