CMDR Lt ViperTooth

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
LT ViperTooth
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lt ViperTooth
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Lt ViperTooth

Postby LT ViperTooth » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Always loved this game followed it as much as I could.. But never really had the time

Now my son is older and at school I have a lot more time now..

So I purchased Elite Dangerous from Frontier own site so Steam dont take a % played in single player mode for last 4 days I love it, I've been back to the site and purchased the season pass Horizons and I even just bought a Thrustmaster HOTAS X Flight and I'm using a really good custom setup from a member its called FlightHotasX_Crab_v6.00.1.8 I think the member is called Crab.. Either way its been a huge learning curve been really difficult lets just say my table was hit a couple times in anger when I first tried to land in a space station and also kept over shooting planets..... but I've been watching loads of beginners guides (still quite confusing since each person says should do something else, but still very informative

My name is Jamie I'm 34 y/o from London UK would love to join PvE
I have a mic and very friendly enjoy having a laugh but also get down, focused and serious when its needed...

I would very much love to find a nice big group of players that enjoy and love the game so much they are happy to share and teach....

Just kind of hope to be taken under a groups wing, be my Yoda!

Cheers guys and hope to see you out there...

My name in game is CMDR Lt ViperTooth (I Ddidn't know it put "CMDR" in front else I wouldn't of choose to put "Lt" lol durp

I've ran big groups in other games and always enjoyed being apart of something and hope I can here

Really looking to enjoy and get the most out of this... thanks for listening

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Lt ViperTooth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Lt ViperTooth

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Welcome to the group!

The learning curve in E-D is very steep, as you are learning. Vindicator Jones has some great tutorial videos that may help ease some of the pain. It's worth a look.

I'm in-game a fair amount on the weekends. Feel free to add me to your friends list and hit me up with questions anytime you see me on-line. If I don't respond it's probably because I'm in a wing with a few guys and am busy killing NPC's. Just keep trying. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

LT ViperTooth
Harmless
Harmless

Postby LT ViperTooth » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:44 am

Xebeth wrote:Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Lt ViperTooth

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.

Thank you I will be joining Mobius when I get on in a few minutes just had my PC in pieces for last few hours just installed GTX1080 and with it all on a full rigged water cooled loop and a new block no so simple as pop in out and new in sadly, but its done and I will be on.

I have watched so many beginners guides etc all recommending different things for beginners dont seem to be having much luck, the missions in game pay pennies, and doing low danger level extraction sites (i seem to get one hit killed by NPC's or go wanted hunting.. I have a Viper Mark III and I have gimbaled lasers and have upgraded most stuff to the next best thing just dont seem to be having any luck and I keep loosing all my money and trading is so much to get your head around.... I absolutely love this game... just can't wait to get into it and be happy comfortable in knowing what to do... and be in a group with other players doing missions etc....

Just hope I can get out of this rut i seem to be in.. and keep having to dip into the "loan amount" they give you at start when i have no money and my ship is destroyed :( lol but its all fun and a part of learning just hope I can get in a wing group of others

Thank for warm welcome I'm also on INARA its a shame its not properly integrated into the game (steam sign in or frontier sign in) properly..

LT ViperTooth
Harmless
Harmless

Postby LT ViperTooth » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:47 am

JohnLuke wrote:Welcome to the group!

The learning curve in E-D is very steep, as you are learning. Vindicator Jones has some great tutorial videos that may help ease some of the pain. It's worth a look.

I'm in-game a fair amount on the weekends. Feel free to add me to your friends list and hit me up with questions anytime you see me on-line. If I don't respond it's probably because I'm in a wing with a few guys and am busy killing NPC's. Just keep trying. ;)

I'll add you soon as I get on thanks a lot, I'm going to join the Mobius group in game and I will check out the tutorials. I have watched so many over last week its been crazy just still doesnt always work like that... I've just been watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slPQ1Omlwts for the last day or two trying to do the same things just not having much luck..

Thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you guys..

One question do you guys use the Team speak or Discord more which is best to use (has more people like yourselves on)

LT ViperTooth
Harmless
Harmless

Postby LT ViperTooth » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:06 am

JohnLuke wrote:Welcome to the group!

see i just dont know what to do I have a viper MK III upgraded everything to next best thing have gimbled weapons and i loose my shield immediately even by basic ships i cant make any money and I'm just loosing all what i have cant make any money doing missions, low danger zone extraction i get killed before i can do anything i dont know struggling a bit i must be doing something wrong i know about setting shields/weapons/engine etc just seem last two days I'm getting hammered and I'm playing in singleplayer mode. I seemed to last longer do better in the sidewinder basic ship with no upgrades im tempted to delete my save and start again

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:15 am

The game can be very frustrating early on. If your shields are dropping fast, I'd look into upgrading them ASAP if you haven't already. On a Viper 4, a 3A shield generator will give you great protection.

If you haven't yet, watch the videos in the link above about combat to help you learn some tactics.

Discord is becoming more and more popular in our group. A lot of guys use it for text chat, and there are sections for asking questions about specific areas of the game. discord has voice chat as well (which I use when winged), but not many guys hang out on Discord voice chat. You will find guys on TS, but it seems that less and less activity there is about E-D.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:22 am

Once you can afford it, put a 0A shield booster in a utility slot, it'll give you a 20% boost to shield strength.
Also, when bounty hunting in a RES or at a Nav Beacon choose a high security system and let the police/security services engage them first. That way they'll take the aggro and as long as you get a few shots in before he pops, you'll get the full bounty reward.

hdpwipmonkey
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Gallanus

Postby hdpwipmonkey » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:47 am

Welcome to the game. I've only been playing about 5 to 6 months but I can help you out in Res sites or at nav beacons. Add me to your in game friends list (CMDR Gallanus). I am on at all times of the day and night. I am usually at YZ Ceti (federation space) or HIP 20277 (Alliance space... I think).

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Return to “Introductions”