Hello from Wales

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Combiseries

Hello from Wales

Postby Combiseries » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:51 pm

A big hello to everyone here on the Möbius group. I've only just recently joined and haven't had a chance to meet any of you in-game yet, I lead a very busy life, working, kids, wife, dog, etc.

I come from a town called Llanelli in South Wales, UK. I started playing computer games when I was eight years old when I won a ZX spectrum in a fancy dress competition. I played games like Beach Head, The Hobbit, Football Manager, Match Day, Jet Set Willy and many, many others - indeed I still do sometimes when I get an itch to play some retro games on my tablet using Spectaculator.

When Elite came out on the Speccy, I was blown away, I was an avid Trekkie and loved space films like Star Wars etc, and space games like Star Raiders et all. Elite however, now that took me to places I could only dream of in dreams. Simple graphics now, but in those days they were ground breaking.

I stuck with the Speccy right up until it died and moved onto an Amiga 500, then the 1200, and put hundreds and hundreds of hours into Frontier. I loved the game and would play it from the early hours of the morning right through to the dawn next day, not very healthy I know - I did get sleep, but sometimes I had to put the time in because I used to do other things as well.

After the 1200 I moved onto consoles like the Mega Drive (Sega Genesis), and loved games like Star Control and Urquan Masters. I was always on the look out for Elite type games, sadly my Speccy died and my Amiga broke so I couldn't play them anymore.

Then around 15 years ago, give or take a year, I walked into my local games shop ( was looking for PlayStation games ) and noticed Freelancer for the PC. I just had to get a PC, this looked like the Elite type game I was looking for. I sunk hundreds of hours into this off and online, modded and vanilla.

And before I give you my gaming life story, after playing many many games ( I'll tell you about them another time ), and building and upgrading my many PCs I stumbled on the kick starter campaign for Elite Dangerous through a retro gaming forum, (at the time I was playing Frontier in Dos Box emulator) and grabbed my wallet pledging the last £50 I had in the bank.

Money well spent, I waited a year for Beta, and I am not disappointed. I'm a 40 year old, re living my youth - only this time its in high def.

Why pick a group like this.... Well, because I don't want the majority of my encounters with other humans to be hostile when the full release comes, and I want to choose when to PvP, as I will do that in a cheap ship and in a different group or open play as and when I feel like it.

I use the nickname Combiseries in all my forums and the web, but my name in the Elite universe is - Blood Vipre. I'm a bounty hunter, but I also like to trade, and explore as well.

Enough of me, how's you!!!!

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Hello from Wales

Postby Mobius » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:31 pm

welcome buddy, im guessing that you are in your 40s like most of us around here.
anyway you made the right decision to join the group and look forward to reading more posts and seeing you out in the cosmos.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Welcome.............

Got any beer ?

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:03 am

Welcome Commander. The more the merrier. :)

Fly safe.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:27 am

Welcome to the group and the forum, Combiseries! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:01 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Welcome.............

Got any beer ?

I got some `Felinfoel Ale`. Will that do?

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:51 am

Greetings Commander, take a seat.
"Wibble"

Return to “Introductions”