CMDR Bumble B

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Bumble B
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bumble B
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Bumble B

Postby Bumble B » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:38 am

Well then folks what to say about me?

Well I tried to play Elite back in the day on my BBC B when I was a kid. Never got on with it at all so looked for hacks and gave myself billions of creds. It was fun for about a month then got bored.

Until recently I didn't even know Elite was out there. I stumbled across a few you-tuber's showing of their missions etc and I was hooked so bad. It looked so easy to play too.

I got Elite Dangerous about a month before Horizons update and tried playing with just k/b & mouse. What a big mistake that was I couldn't do anything so after a few hrs of trying i gave up and asked for a refund from FD which that agreed to but also made the suggestion of a x box pad that would make the game abit easier.

After going though more and more youtube videos about x box controls & HOTSA sticks I was hooked yet again. At the same time the £9.99 offer on Elite Dangerous came along and I thought hell a tenner isn't much I'll have another go and I spotted I could get the ThrustMaster T-Flight from my local Argos for £35 (30 day money back) so if I truly didn't like it I would only loose that £9.99.

Well that was it I was truly hooked BADLY.....

I even got myself an x52 stick but that just didn't feel right after the Thrustmaster so I went back and got Horizons Beta.

Loved ED:H Beta Even more and had regular 12hr sessions (was on holiday at the time)

Now I'm TOTALLY blaming FD for me spending even more money with upgrading my graphics card & doubling my memory cause my rig is over 5yrs old but I build my rigs to last and up until that moment I didn't need anything more.

Now with the ED:H going live I've had nothing but this damn "transaction server" error constantly and Elite crashes out within 5 mins or anytime I'm docking/SC.. any kind of interaction with this transaction server. Submitted a ticket and have been following the FD forums on this problem but its been since ED:H went live that I've had no connection.

Found a work around my installing a program called "Tunnel Bear" which masks my VPN connection (Don't ask I have no idea about this techie stuff but it works) well Tunnel Bear is free for 1.5Gb data transfer and I'm down to my last .5Gb

FD need to get this thing fixed like NOW and I've been keeping cool but others int he FD forums have let rip and tbh I don't blame them.

Well I'm currently got my lovely yellow Asp which at the moment I'm using for abit of Bounty Hunting in 3 Corvi system and some good cargo missions to get some funds together for a dedicated bounty hunting ship (Vulture or similar) then I can outfit my Asp for just Exploring or cargo running til I get more funds for another ship to do cargo running.

Hopfully see you guys in the black soon

and yes I plan on ALL my ships being yellow :D hell I would like to get a custom black and yellow stripes paint job on them all :D

"Bee safe if not, bee badass ö7"
- Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X - TrackIR & TrackClip Pro - CorsAir Gaming VOID RGB USB Headset - Voice Attack -

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Bumble B

Postby Xebeth » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:57 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Bumble B

Ah yes, the ED spiral, I was very much the same - I'll just try it, I'll just try it with a cheap HOTAS, I'll get a better HOTAS, GPU, etc, etc - it gets us all in the end. I hope your connection issues get fixed, might be worth posting your problem in our Hardware and Technical game help section, there are some clever techy types here.

Please feel free to add your name to the In game friends list thread, and check out our TeamSpeak servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius. We have our own Discord (voice and text chat) servers for supporters of Mobius, as well as our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:17 am

Welcome to the group, commander Bumble B!

Man... that is one BRIGHT yellow Asp you've got there! :shock:

I love the Asp for BB missions and general 'running around' stuff in E-D. You made a great choice there, as you progress through the ships.

I was on the fence about E-D in the early stages too, and almost gave up on it. Now I've got an X-52 pro and EDTracker because of this dang addicting game that has consumed my life for the last several months. ;)

I hope FD gets your connection issue resolved soon. At least you've got a work around for now.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Yup i too have spiraled badly.

First up. As with all. Hotas.
I was already hooked i went straight for an expensive one.
But using a hotas on a regular desk was murder on my shoulder, so after investing in a new chair I started a diy project on a new desk quasi sim pit. Bumbled around with that for a week.
And not long after that I start looking at my 6+ year old screens so in comes a ultra wide 34" 3440x1440 screen.
But the increased resolution doesn't work so good on my gpu, so in a fevered, half drunk haze in comes a 6gb 980ti.

The expense on this game has gone through the roof, but I'm still at less than 2 euro PR hour and I am in Elite nirvana. Well my chair could be softer but that's just nit picking.

:D

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

H.M. Serenus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Serenus

Postby H.M. Serenus » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Greetings Cmdr,
it seems we share the same bad taste :P
May I introduce my main ship: The 'Drunken Bumblebee'
Attachments
Drunken_Bumblebee_small.jpg
Drunken_Bumblebee_small.jpg (95.67 KiB) Viewed 1587 times

Krow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Krow

Postby Krow » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:52 am

Greetings Commander Bumble B,
Nice work on the work around on masking your VPN.
Did you see there was a Twit Promotion for Tunnel Bear (Bumble Bear Twitter Promo) - Extra gig might come in handy if things get tight...
Looking forward to seeing you in game bud.

Fly safe Commander,
★★★ Do you need help? ★ Or want to assist others? Don't hesitate to contact ARCHANGELS. ★★★
___________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Introductions”