CMDR Ghworg

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghworg
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Ghworg

Postby Ghworg » Sat May 23, 2015 2:05 am

Hello there.

I've had E:D in my game library for months but have only got round to playing it in the last couple of weeks. Been playing solo because I don't want to get griefed, but I like the idea of seeing other real people going about their business and occasionally teaming up for activities. So when I found out about this group yesterday I signed up immediately.

My first foray into group play was very fun. Farming the combat zone in 78 Ursa for the community goal is a very different experience when there are other players there. My apologies to anyone I shot accidentally, apparently I need to learn better trigger discipline. Most of all though thank you to Duck of Death who invited me into a wing and made my time much more fun and profitable.

Hope to see you all out in the 'verse.

CMDR Ghworg

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Re: CMDR Ghworg

Postby Emanon » Sat May 23, 2015 2:08 am

Greetings and welcome commander. Hope to see you out in the vastness!

Feel free to add your name to the In game friend list thread and make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.
CMDR Emanon

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat May 23, 2015 8:42 am

Welcome aboard, Commander! Fly safe!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Vences
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Vences

Postby Vences » Mon May 25, 2015 2:15 pm

I hope you dont go around stealing kills from other players like you did with me in Apam Napat RES. I really hope it was an accident. If it was you flying a cobra. But stealing a master python wasn't nice at all... Especially if it counts towards the CG in Persephone...

Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Ghworg » Mon May 25, 2015 4:55 pm

I don't think I did anything wrong. I arrived in the RES, saw a target and started shooting. I try and be reasonable about going after the same targets as others, and if you had politely asked me to wing up or to leave I would have happily done either. I actually left the area anyway because I do not like being called an asshole for perfectly legitimate gameplay. If you want targets all to yourself then I suggest you farm in solo.

Vences
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Vences

Postby Vences » Mon May 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Yep, reasonably. If I see another ship shooting at a target the last thing I do is shooting at it myself. Might be you didn't get the whole situation. From my point of view: It took me a while to get it down to the point when you started shooting at it. And it even got some hits at my meager asp too. So... I think I reacted well within my rights to call you asshole. I could have shot some warning pew pews before your bow too. You would have done the same if another commander shows up and takes the kill at the last moment from you... Reasonable... Don't make me laugh...

And if someone should have sent an invite it was you after a polite asking remark of course. You invaded my little party with that particular python. I don't mind sharing, but I do mind kill stealing.

Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Ghworg » Mon May 25, 2015 9:55 pm

If I had been in the RES for some time, saw you attacking something and its health was low then absolutely swooping in at the last second and getting the killing shot is a dick move and I try not to do things like that. That is what I apparently did, and I apologise for that, however from my perspective I had no way of knowing that. I literally dropped out of SC, saw a battle happening, selected a target and started shooting. I didn't look to see whether there were other players there, nor what the health of the ship was.

In hindsight I realise that the existence of ships in the RES as I dropped in meant that there must have been a player there already to spawn them. That did not occur to me at the time though. I'll try to bear that in mind in future, however, the nature of the game mechanics mean that incidents like this are going to happen. Spewing insults after a single incident is just as much a dick move as kill stealing in my opinion.

Octopoid
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Octopoid

Postby Octopoid » Tue May 26, 2015 3:46 am

Hi Ghworg :)

Saw you in a RES at Apat whatchumacallit last night (well for me it was 11pm anyway) , I jumped in., watched you shoot some stuff and was going to say hi, but you jumped out before I could get the comms open at the right window...

So " Hi " :)

Return to “Introductions”