Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby GreenViper » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander TGBEAR
Hope to meet you in the Black one day.

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

macpolska
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DARK SINGULARITY

Postby macpolska » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:03 pm

Greetings All! New to Elite Dangerous but have become totally immersed and coping well with the steep learning curve :D I am an ancient Mariner (62 years old), a Brit but live in Poland and have been playing mainly simulations for years. Dabbled a bit with Eve Online quite a while ago but not hands-on enough for me. Have recently been reading reviews about Elite Dangerous and have noted a great community spirit which appeals. Looking forward to a PvE focussed game here in Mobius which does not have the toxic element which seems to be prevalent with online gaming.

Impressed with what I have experienced during the last week. Followed a lot of the advice and tutorials available from the Elite Dangerous YouTubers which have been invaluable . I have already parked the Sidewinder after some bounty-hunting, earned enough credits exploring in a Hauler to trick-out a Diamondback Explorer, successfully avoided a couple of interdictions, and am resuming my quest in the outer reaches of the Galaxy. Exploration is presently my bag ...... I guess a throwback from my seafaring days! :D

Hope to catch-up with some of you out in the Black and I'll holler if I see another player!

Best, Martyn

Rickk Deckard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rickk Deckard

Postby Rickk Deckard » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:43 pm

I'm actually a returning player after a couple of years away. I restarted playing with a new commander and found a lot of changes. After a time of adapting to the new features fo this game, I'm currently on an Asp Explorer, doing some role playing, exploring and generally enjoying the game taking my time to climb up the ranks avoiding any "easy money" exploits. I like to feel immersed in the alternative reality of the game and any "easy money" really breaks it for me.

I'm strongly PvE oriented and although I don't mind fighting the NPCs if they try to steal my cargo or if part of a mission, I'm not interested in any meaningless PvP fighting for no reason. I love the immersion I get from this game, being a long time dreamer of space travel, and for me it's very important to feel that there is a certain coherence to whatever happens in the game :-)

Greetings to all of you and may we meet in the galaxy!

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:24 am

Welcome back CMDR Deckard!
Yes, the "easy money" and "get elite in a day" is fun for some, but I also take it easy and grinding is not on my list of to-do stuff :) Playing since 2014 and I'm not even Elite in anything :D
Hope to see you in the black! o7

Cmdr Roma
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lilly Roma

Postby Cmdr Roma » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:19 pm

I also play for the fun of it and I tend to focus on the CGs, especially like the trading one currently running. I love the chat and interaction and I've been missing that a lot since people stopped playing in the original Mobius group.

Love getting to a station and finding loads of human cmdrs in the station. A year or so ago that always happened in trading CGs. No interest in PvP and to me the Engineers update killed PvP as a fair concept anyway. One player has done all the work needed to upgrade weapons and shields, the player he attacks chose to ignore Engineers and has no upgrades has no chance whatsoever.

Rickk Deckard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rickk Deckard

Postby Rickk Deckard » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:46 am

Yes, after engineering was introduced in the game PvP became an even less interesting concept to me. Anyway, one of the reasons I feel Elite is a different game than any other is PvP being optional and that you're actually able to play the game your own way. I still fail to see where is the fun in destroying a much weaker player's ship just for giggles. But to each your own, I suppose.

I really love we have Mobius. Here we can meet likeminded players and actually enjoy a multiplayer universe!

Renault_Pilot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RENAULT_PILOT

Postby Renault_Pilot » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:00 am

Greetings to the Mobius community,

actually I am one of those that are returning too after quite a long absence. I used to enjoy playing in the Mobius group when I was pretty new to the game as I was just constantly scared of attacks from players with way better ships that just wreck me and myself being financially unable to recover from the destruction. After I have gathered enough credits to purchase more competitive ships, I felt safe enough to discover the open galaxy in the Open play mode. That went well for a few years now, since I barely encountered any players - and if I did, they were all pretty friendly.

However, things have changed during the current Community Goal - the first one I participated in for quite some time - as I got constantly interdicted just shy of the destination. Since I have just purchased my Anaconda not too long ago and couldn't yet afford a proper loadout, I was pretty vulnerable to these attacks and after evading just about alive for a few times, I decided it was about time to try my luck here at Mobius once more. So here I am now, hoping to have some fun while not having to worry constantly about getting wrecked by other people. Feel free to add me to your in-game friends list if you want and I hope to see you all soon in the endless space of Elite Dangerous. Have a nice day, everyone.

CMDR_Klizbal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Klizbal

Postby CMDR_Klizbal » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:29 am

Hello cmdrs!

I am a 35 year old from France. I have played quite a while on solo for now, because i am always afraid of loosing my ship, and i would like to enjoy something different. I have tried open, but i am fed up of being interdicted and attacked for no reasons by other player, this is not the way i want to enjoy game (and also because i suck at combat even against npc...).
Joining form already filled up, hope i will meet some of you in the black!

Klizbal

TwistedSigmaHD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TwistedSigmaHD
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby TwistedSigmaHD » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Greetings all!

CMDR TwistedSigmaHD at your service!
I chose PvE or PvP because I get more out of it more things to do then mindlessly killing other players. I get to see sights like Thors eye or Betelgeuse. Plus I love the endless possibilities of PvE. I live in Central US time zone so anyone is free to add me on the xbox. Looking forward to meeting everyone that plays on the xbox!

TwistedSigmaHD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TwistedSigmaHD
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby TwistedSigmaHD » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Greetings all!

CMDR TwistedSigmaHD at your service!
I chose PvE or PvP because I get more out of it more things to do then mindlessly killing other players. I get to see sights like Thors eye or Betelgeuse. Plus I love the endless possibilities of PvE. I live in Central US time zone so anyone is free to add me on the xbox. Looking forward to meeting everyone that plays on the xbox!

Return to “Introductions”