Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
hawkusalpha
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: hawkus alpha
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby hawkusalpha » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:38 am

Hi. Sick of ppl thinking this game is just Call of Duty in space. I like meeting other players, but when they just hand your cupcakes to you without so much as a word it's not nice. Don't mind being pirated. It's part of the game, but can't be doing with random acts of violence for no reason... so here I am. Greetings Commanders! and a big o7 to you all.

CmdrTofu
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: doctatofu

Commander Tofu, Checking In

Postby CmdrTofu » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Hey there CMDRs:

Just started Elite: Dangerous yesterday (PS4) and already loving it. I started out as a young player with strict SIMs on Atari ST, namely the (nearly unplayable) Shuttle from Vektor Graphix. Later I was a huge fan of Vicarious Visions' 'Terminus,' which I played religiously for months. I particularly loved the true Newtonian physics and thruster manipulation in that game. I also probably spent 1000+ hours playing and modding Escape Velocity: Override, at one point making the definitive NCC-1701-D plugin—Ah, wasted youth :).

For online games, I played EVE a little but the PVP/Corporation politics drove me off fast. I also was a super early member of Vendetta Online, but lost interest before the game reached maturity.

I'm really excited about PVE in Elite: Dangerous. So far this seems to be a great blend of real game and immersive geekery that I've been looking for. And glad to be part of the group. I have a ton to learn, so here's the starting point.

See you in the stars!

starcrazy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: starcrazy

Postby starcrazy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi everybody, I've been playing elite from the early days, being an 54 year old gamer from oldham in the uk, I don't have the reaction times for shooters anymore. ;) but seriously I have been playing solo and having a blast but it's nice to know there are guy's out there who feel the same, hope to meet you all in the black ...

Greenborroco
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Greenborroco

Postby Greenborroco » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Hey CMMDR Greenborroco here from the PC side . Me and a friend recently joined and got access to the pve server . I got to say we immediately met some other great CMMDrs and made a wing of four for some CG bounty hunting in Lambayque. It was the best time i have had in the game so far and am looking forward to many more. thanks for the awesome community .

Green

WilkiePJ
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: WilkiePJ

Postby WilkiePJ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi CMDR WilkiePJ here,

Been about in elite dangerous since the very beginning, but been playing with a select group of friends or in solo.

I am from the Northeast of England in a town called Durham, my RL name is Phil. I am nutty about all things space related - a geek really :)

Not a big fan of open, looking forward to meeting people here and having some fun

yirk
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fraggle Danger

Postby yirk » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:48 am

Hello Commanders,

I played Elite on my C64 way back and visited all 8 galaxies, never made it to 'Elite' though (just 'Dangerous'). Perhaps I can rectify that omission of my earlier years now!

I did not have the time to check it out when Elite:Dangerous came out, but I was following the progress. Then some months back I went crazy and bought a whole new setup to play this "properly". Meaning HOTAS setup including rudder pedals, new GFX card and a VR headset.

Soooo impressive. I am actually flying a spaceship. MY spaceship! Incredible views and lots of freedom, really loving it. I play solo most of the time as I don't think open really works but have seen Mobius mentioned a lot so I thought I'd give it a try.

Cmdr Fraggle Danger

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:35 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius new Commanders

Please feel free to add your names to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Kozagar
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kozagar

Postby Kozagar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi All
I am Kozager here and ingame. I think its great to be able to have a social aspect to the game without having to put up with fools who just want to ruin someone elses fun. I am hoping to be able to play in the Eurasia group so may see some of you in world. If you really want a laugh stand back and watch me trying to enter a spacedock. Hopefully my new docking computer will save me a few layers of paint.
Have a good game everyone

CoreWorker7
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CoreWorker7

Postby CoreWorker7 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Hullo Everyone!!

MY name is Corwyn, I am 50 yo easy going guy from DC. I hope to see many of you in the black. Safe Journeys to you!

Corwyn

Dr Mendo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Reikinetsu

Postby Dr Mendo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi Commanders.
I'm a 40 years old french commander. As the majority of you i prefer the social part of the game rater than the PvP one. I'm not that good in combat... Maybe due to my poor old réflexes...
I enjoy exploring the galaxy! For the moment i do mission after mission to finally be able to buy an ASP and then to cross the galaxy.
If you can bear my frenglish and my clumpsy way of flying i will be glad to meet you in the void of space.
See you.

Return to “Introductions”