Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Spartan159
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Spartan159
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Spartan159 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Greetings once again, Cmdr Spartan159 checking back in after a long absence. Getting back up to speed, looking at supporting our faction currently. Also thinking about grinding powerplay factions for gear, any pointers to be had? Also wondering about how squadrons work in game and should I apply to one.

:D

Drakkarth
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Drakkarth

Postby Drakkarth » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:25 am

Greetings commanders!

I'm CMDR Drakkarth here and in the game. Though I go by Droggarth in other places. I'm 28 years old male and I live in Estonia. I have no occupation as I'm on an early pension due to my volatile mental health which hasn't been kind to me for over 10 years. Though I'm doing better as I'm much more calm than I used to be. If I had to be more specific what my occupation is then that would be me recovering from my life long predicament.

My mental health is the reason I cannot deal with things like PvP, gankers and griefers, got no tolerance for that. I find a relaxing gaming experience far more satisfying than a stressful one which is why PvE is where it's at for me. I'm also slow to react and it's also to avoid the worst symptoms of my mental health. If I take one step at the time I can get further without getting overwhelmed by the bigger picture which I tend to see all the time.

I may come off as edgy or gloomy but I mean well and I am an optimist. I'm also an idealist, can't stand current reality of real life, being stuck on one planet and all that in a body with a short fuse and long wires, drives me crazy for the past 15 years which is why I love using my computer to watch videos, listen to music, play games and escape to better places to help me unwind.

I've played Frontier First Encounters, that's why I know about Elite franchise. My favorite ships from that old game are Cobra Mk3, Wyvern, Asp Explorer and Thargoid Warship (my favorite) which I got multiple times there as I highly prefer making peace with the Thargoids and using their tech and their ships. Yes, I'm a xenophile.

Anyhow, currently in the game I have a Krait Mk2 and grown fond of flying around in it as I have access to both a fighter and SRV to scout alien landscapes. Initially I got enough credits to get me a Cobra Mk3, then used that to get Asp Explorer and with Asp Explorer I got enough to buy Krait Mk2 (I also tried out Krait Phantom which I also love). Since my reactions are slow I can't do much combat. So far I've been sticking with exploration and trading.

Atwood Anthem
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Atwood-Anthem
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Atwood Anthem » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:50 am

CMR Atwood-Anthem or just Atwood Anthem to my friends.

An ageing 48 year old from the UK and have just joined, busying myself in the starting area before heading out into the big black yonder for some exploration and trading. Loving the game so far and looking forward to see what’s out there. Hope to see some CMR’s in the near future!

rbrant9615
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RBrant

Postby rbrant9615 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:10 am

CMD RBrant

I am fairly new to Elite Dangerous. I am mainly interested in exploration, but I do want to eventually give all the things you can do a try, with the exception of PvP of course. I am happy to have stumbled across this group. Hope to meet some like minded CMDR's in the future!

ScrumbleBear
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SCRUMBLEBEAR
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby ScrumbleBear » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:30 pm

CMDR Scumblebear here.

I've been playing solo for a while now, but am looking forward to joining a PvE group to get some experience and meet people. Eventually I might like to try PvP but so far I'm just enjoying the immersion of the game without gankers/trolls bothering me. I have no friends in-game yet so am open to friend requests etc.

Happy flying.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander SCRUMBLEBEAR

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Tennozan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tennozan

Postby Tennozan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Hello All,

I discovered the Mobius network by making a comment on the ED Steam forum regarding my only playing in Solo mode now, as I've endured quite a few bad experiences while playing on Open mode.

I'm a avid PC gamer, CEO of my own human services organization, live in the Pacific Northwest and read, write when I'm not working or gaming.

The community here seems to be quite vibrant, and I'm looking forward to adding "life" back into my otherwise quite empty Elite Dangerous gaming pursuit.

I'll be looking forward to learning how the group works and to my first foray into the party.

~ jdh | Tennozan

Jezreel062
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jezreel062

Postby Jezreel062 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi,
CMDR Jezreel062
Had Elite for a while but only played since lockdown (so around April) and have loved it, there's so much to do. Loads of tutorials and youtube help have given me a quick start on some things, I think my true love is exploration at the moment.
I play elite on PC, got a couple of IRL mates who have it so it's been a nice way to catch up and have a chat with them. I'm hoping to enrich the whole experience with some likeminded people, the point of something like this is less about the who can kill who and more about the how can we find everything that's on offer, together, sort of aspect of it. I don't get a huge amount of free time, so I'd rather spend that enjoying little (or accumulative) goals, than constantly fighting off the same thing/person which can get boring fast (for me at least).
Looking forward to poking around and finding out what's going on and maybe meeting a few people along the way.

Currently heading past Colonia on my way to Sag A.
o7

IB.Shotalot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: IB.Shotalot

Postby IB.Shotalot » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:16 pm

Greetings fellow Commanders.

IB.Shotalot here, 58 year young Kiwi living in the land of Oz.
Joined this group because I'd enjoy some human interaction out in the black, but not at the cost and frustration of getting ganked. I'm crap at combat, reflexes are slower than a wet weekend, and I tend to get shot a lot (see what I did there :D )
I haven't been playing long, earned enough credits in the kiddies corner partly engineer a DBX for exploration, thought I'd take it for a test spin around the block, and I've just arrived at Jaques station :lol:

Hope to meet you out there soon o7

sezarus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: sezarus

Postby sezarus » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Am going by name Sezarus 38 year. I am totaly new to Elite Dangerous. I am mainly interested in exploration, mining and good game play with no bulling. Looking forward to finding out what's going on and maybe meeting a few people along the way.

Light of speed I hope we will ride

Return to “Introductions”