Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
GamanLCA
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GamanLCA
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby GamanLCA » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 am

Greetings CMDRs!

GamanLCA here. I'm based out of LTT 7069, but the locals have descended into civil war so I'm looking for a new base of operations at the moment... trying to protect my assets!
I've a rig for mining, one for search and rescue and another for exploration. I'm currently kicking around Sol trying to talk myself OUT of a Shatterling run.

(Tried to roll-play a search and rescue community goal in open play only to have a fully modded anaconda pull me out of supercruise and shoot me up with a laugh. So it was back to private play until I found this place! I'm usually online between 9pm and 2am CST)

Hope to see you out in the black!

Vertin76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vertin76

Postby Vertin76 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:08 am

Hello cmdr vertin76. Just joined on ps4. Got the community join done, got the pve2 friend request done, got the registration form done. Looking forward to seeing you all in game. I am based out of lft424. Doing some trading, mission running, and npc blasting. Please let me know if I missed something in the sign up process. Fly straight, fly fast, and don't scratch the paint

unmarco
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: McCoy Pauley

Postby unmarco » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm unmarco on the forums and CMDR McCoy Pauley around the Milky Way. I've played a lot of the first Elite in the 80s on my C64 and a lot more of First Encounters on my Amiga. I bought E:D in 2015 and have been playing on and off until my beloved Oculus Rift CV1 arrived and boy.. that changed everything (not only regarding E:D but games in general).

I've never played that much Elite since then so I'm not super rich neither I do have any of the bigger ships. Right now i'm in the Pleieades with my Diamondback Explorer (explorer build, not yet engineered) and having a blast scanning, landing on planets and moons and generally enjoying what the game has to offer. I also have an Imperial Eagle and ofc the trusty Freewinder :)

As many others here I very much like the idea of playing with other real people but on the few occasions I played in open I seemed to meet only gankers and PK's (even when I had no reason or cargo to be killed for I still got killed just for being there I guess). I then read about this group on reddit and loved the idea so I applied and now I'm here :D o7

CMDR McCoy Pauley out.

Vortex
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vorticity

Postby Vortex » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 am

Hi!

I also first encountered Elite on the C64 :)

I had been eyeing Dangerous on Steam for a while and this Christmas it finally made the cut yet unlike most Christmas sale games I actually started playing this one and have been hooked since.

After 5 minutes of playing using the keyboard I turned the attic upside down and recovered my nearly 20 year old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick. Yesterday I added a stand alone TWCS throttle.

I've also started doing the community goals recently, leading to my first (not so happy ending) brushes with Thargoids yesterday. So far I've just been playing solomode but I'll hop in on the private groups one of these days for sure.

CMDR Vorticity

RAYMOND SCH
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RAYMOND SCH

Postby RAYMOND SCH » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

o7 commanders!

My name is Ray, and I'm a freelancer/drifter since a 2015. I'm yet to find my calling and home system in this game, though lately I visit the pleiades often. I did some minor trading, some passenger missions, but my main income was trough exploration and missions. I'm planning a longer trip, my record was the Barnard's loop, tough I'm waiting for infos, what the expansions bring for explorers, before I dwelve into it again. Now, I'm focusing on BH, trading, missions and rescue ops, with my fleet of the mighty Phyton, and the trusty DBX.

I like to participate in CGs, and interact with players, but after 5 execution from different gankers in a row, and almost out of money I decided to go into Solo, and that was very boring. I went to reddit to voice my pain, like many others, where I read about Mobius. I joined a few days ago, and already had an epic bounty hunting session with a fellow commander, so it was a very good decision to join!

I'm really glad that Mobius exists, and I'm thankfull for its creators and the people who participate and respect the rules.

Good hunting captains!

CMDR Deckard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: deckard42

Postby CMDR Deckard » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Hello commanders

I've started playing Elite on Atari ST. I've been playing solo in Elite Dangerous because of bad experiences with PK. I hope to see you soon in the milky way o/

ItsJoshy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Itsjosh639144

Postby ItsJoshy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 am

Hey!
CMDR Itsjosh639144
Rl Name Joshy
Im 23
From the damp lands of England
Finished the Registration and awaiting further confirmation.

Im trying out Mobius as ive seen some really positive news recently about them.
Ive tried open play - got ruined
Tried solo play - got lonely
Tried private play - friends moved on
So now im hoping Mobius is where the real fun is,
And im really hoping to meet a lot of you in-game.

I never quite know how to end these things so maybe i'll just keep typi-
Not everything i say is serious, seriously!
https://78.media.tumblr.com/35b1b00fe8b ... o1_500.gif

Belpheras
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Belpheras

Postby Belpheras » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:50 am

Greetings!

I am CMDR Belpheras. Feel free to add me~

I've got 240 hours on E:D but I've never really been good at this game! Mostly mined for Painite and a bit of bounty hunting.
I used to have a python before ('farthest' I've been in ships! I loved it.) but I started from scratch with a friend before. Now I'm alone and back with a Type-7 mining for more Painite. :)

Even though I have 240 hours, I'm still a big noobie and I've never tried 'engineering' and stuff like that.

Anyways, that said.. I dislike PvP heavily, it stresses me a lot. I was always scared of open play because of certain experiences I've had on EVE. :D

PS: Sorry if anything sounds odd. My main language is french. :)
Last edited by Belpheras on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

meee_
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Drogodeal

Postby meee_ » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 pm

cmdrs o7 im cmdr Drogodeal on Xbox, currently pledged to aisling to get that prismatics before fdev fucks up Engineering. im flying for my wing, the likedeeler of michel and colonia, and do my part in cg's here and there. i've accomplished almost everything i wanted, got my mostly engineered fleet of about 15 ships (i even dont know exactly xD) but im very tired of stupid a holes attacking ppl for nothing.. if its about bounty or power play or something else i pick the fight,, but just for the lolz no thanks. thats why i'm here :D i hope to find adult cmdrs here with no intention to fuck up ppls games for no reason. i hope to meet some of you in game soon, fly safe cmdrs o7

Grisbane
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Grisbane

Postby Grisbane » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Name: Grisbane
Home system: Amun
Primary ship: Totenkomf (Anaconda)
Prefered role: Heavily armed meat shuttle ('Conda loaded with economy cabins)

I have quite a few ships already at just 2 weeks of play. I have always preferred PvE in any MMO game I have played. Not the best loser, I don't react well and bots don't have feelings. PvE also allows a community to come together, and fight together without having to worry about fighting each other.

Not the greatest at combat, learning it as I go, but I already figured out I prefer the large ship style over small and agile. Have owned almost every ship in the game at this point, like the Python, hate the Fur De Lance.... and pretty much all the smaller ones too (except vulture, i've done ok in vulture). I currently own a 'Conda, Python, Cobra, Type 10, Asp Explorer, and a Sidewinder. I strictly only perform legal contracts.

Not new to flight sims, newish to the Elite franchise though, but I am liking it so far.

Return to “Introductions”