Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Embershot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Embershot
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Embershot » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:10 am

Embershot here and in the game. I've only been playing the game for a few days now and I love it so far.
I chose this group because I enjoy playing games for the camaraderie and have no time for griefers.
I look forward to seeing you all in game.

DuskerFooly
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ZeaIot

Postby DuskerFooly » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Hello intermediate pilot here!

I've been flying with Elite for a few months.
ZeaIot on console, duskerfooly in the forums.

Looking forward to joining a large group of like-minded players focused on PVE. Me and my friends have been in private group for a long time and it will be nice to finally see some other players around.

GunnyHighway
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GunnyHighway
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GunnyHighway » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:28 pm

Hello CMDR's..o7

GunnyHighway is my name on the boards and in game as well- I try to play as much as life allows a 40-something professional to do. Thought about joining Mobius for awhile, but finally pulled the trigger. Hope to meet up with you in game at some point. Feel free to add if you would like!

Semper Fi, CMDR's
Oderint dum metuant

ajeossi76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ajeossi76

Postby ajeossi76 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:46 pm

Hello everyone!

ajeossi76 here and on PS4. Veteran of original Elite (MSX and Amiga500) back in the day and been playing Elite Dangerous on PS4 now about 30 hours or so. Lot of things to learn, but I've really enjoyed game so far. Looking forward to seeing you on my travels.

SirPudd
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SirPudd

Postby SirPudd » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi! I love the idea of strictly PVE!! I have played since ED was released, or close to it, somewhat on and off again recently due to rekindling a World of Tanks addiction. BUT, flying is where my heart is, spaceships or otherwise.
I don't feel like I have time lately to dedicate to the game to go get randomly killed and swallow a 10mil Cr rebuy without getting upset. But, it's fun to see other real people sometimes. Almost all of my ED time has been solo or with my favorite person in the world, Cmdr Spood (we've been gaming together for a scary long time - something north of 20 years). the current CG that involves a CZ made me think that perhaps having more people to play with, when there is little to no fear of getting killed for no reason, because even in a wing w/ a 'vette and a Python, it was still dicey at times.
So, actually, that does lead me to a question. In a CZ, if 2 CMDRs are on opposing sides, by Mobius rules should they feel free to shoot at each other? Or, does strictly PVE mean they need to be aware enough of whats going on to not shoot at other human players? What happens if a mistake is made and someone DOES shoot at another human player before realizing it's not an NPC?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:24 pm

SirPudd wrote:...
So, actually, that does lead me to a question. In a CZ, if 2 CMDRs are on opposing sides, by Mobius rules should they feel free to shoot at each other? Or, does strictly PVE mean they need to be aware enough of whats going on to not shoot at other human players? What happens if a mistake is made and someone DOES shoot at another human player before realizing it's not an NPC?

Hi, the no PVP rule applies everywhere including CZs. In the event that a genuine mistake is made then Commanders are requested to initially try to resolve the issue amongst themselves. However, if a player is reported for attacking another player and evidence is provided, then the attacking player will be removed from the group, as you can probably imagine it is very easy to attack a player and then claim it as a mistake, so we apply the rule very stricktly.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Crow Skyshrine
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Crow Skyshrine

Postby Crow Skyshrine » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Hello.

Another new player here, both to this forum and ED itself. Like others, I played Elite er... some time ago now and think this iteration is phenomenal. Still very much in learning-the-ropes-mode here and playing in solo play. Hope to get acquainted to the groups here sometime soon. I'm a slow learner and combat makes me sweat so I have a looong way to go :D

Thanks for the join and I'll see you in the big black sometime soon.

Valsgarth
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Valsgarth

Postby Valsgarth » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Hi,

I played Elite on a CPC, Elite II on an Amiga 500, ooElite on a Mac, and now ED on a PC.

On pretty much any game, I tend to wander to every corner of the map, here I think I might not find the corners.

But I intend to try :mrgreen:

AmbientDoor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: AmbientDoor
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby AmbientDoor » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:30 pm

Greetings, CMDRs,

Came to the Elite series late despite being a long time gamer. Table-top board games and RPGs from the 70s and 80s developed a passion in me for adventure, exploration and meaty game mechanics. Love all the possibilities ED affords.

Looking forward to crossing paths.

Yvroyya
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Yvroyya

Postby Yvroyya » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:01 am

CDR Yvroyya, reporting. I am fresher than a pilot out of flight school with no experience whatsoever.

Return to “Introductions”