Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Delphis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Delphis
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Delphis » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:24 am

Hello all. Derek here, I go by Cmdr Delphis in game.

I'm a computer programmer of many years.

I've been interested in Elite since playing Frontier:Elite 2 on my Amiga back in the early 90s :-D

Have an A rated Python and some other ships in Elite: Dangerous.. My son and I have just been on our own private group up until now.

magicshoemonkey
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: magicshoemonkey
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby magicshoemonkey » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Hello,

I just joined to play on PS4. I am pretty new to the game, though I've had it in my library for a while. And on PC. It's basically a dream game that I was overwhelmed by the difficulty of. I'm finally buckling down and learning it, after learning Dark Souls and realizing these things are doable.

IRL I'm a university writing teacher, and I play blues guitar and read science fiction, literary theory, political histories, and other varieties of literary and historical text.

I found out about Mobius through...Steam? Maybe. It was a Google search, basically, for what the best way to play the game is (open vs solo vs private).

I'm looking forward to figuring out how to dock more efficiently.

FunkyPixie
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FunkyPixie

Postby FunkyPixie » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Hello
My name in the game is CMD FunkyPixie because i couldnt think of what to call myself and my ship is called the SS thing that flies.

The reason i have chosen PVE over PVP is because i want to do what i want in the game without having to be paranoid about everyone i meet.

(also because im still trying to learn elite)

C0deJunKie
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: C0deJunKie

Postby C0deJunKie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Greetings CMDRs o7,

CMDR C0deJunKie reporting for duty...

I have been playing Elite since July of 2016 and have accumulated over 1500 hrs in-game so far. I am 33 years old and my RL name is Adrian and I go by CMDR C0deJunKie in the Elite Dangerous universe. I have always enjoyed playing with other CMDRs but I have grown sick and paranoid of pretty much any other CMDR that I come across when flying in open. Over the years I have came to know many other CMDRs and even made good friends with some in the real world, but sadly most of them have either moved on to other games or just stopped playing elite altogether.
I heard about the Mobius PvE Player group a long time ago when I first started playing but regretfully I never looked into it, let alone think of joining it. Recently flying in Open has become more dangerous to friendly CMDRs like myself and other CMDRs have come to enjoy griefing and K.O.S.'ing, even waiting at popular in-game locations just waiting for an unsuspecting CMDR like myself you drop out of SC for them to blow me back to the rebuy screen. Wasting my hard earned credits and with today's grind that can really hurt my enjoyment of playing the game.

It is for those reason listed that I would like to join this community and be able to shed those fears of flying in open again and not have to be looking over my shoulder every second for the next CMDR that is going to kill me for no reason other than for their own enjoyment. It has been a very long time since I have been able to enjoy flying in open, so I hope that my registration to this PvE Player Group will be accepted and I will be able to fly with other like minded CMDRs again and finally be able to go back to enjoying the game that I love so much.

magico13
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: magico13

Postby magico13 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:14 am

Greetings,

I'm Magico13. I've got about 115 hours in elite right now and about to head out on the gnosis after I get a few anti thargoid weapons just in case. I probably won't do much in the way of fighting (I'm an explorer, not a fighter) but with the recent galnet articles one can't be too safe out there. I've never been a fan of PvP except when everyone agrees to it and nothing permanent is lost since I just want to have fun exploring and not worry about people killing me just for existing, but I still want to play in a universe with other people, hence joining Mobius.

I might not get my request accepted before the jump (I imagine there's an influx of players trying to join right now) but I'll probably see you all around afterward! I'm going to be on Distant Worlds 2 so I will likely swap between Mobius and Fleetcomm for that :)

o7

OleSchool
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: OleSchool

Postby OleSchool » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:37 pm

CMDR OleSchool,

Hello all, I've been playing Elite for two years all in SOLO. I would like to meet people white out in the black or help with the game if needed. It's time to start playing with others that don't want to blow up my ship for the fun of it. I have my Elite in trade and exploration. I'm not interested in combat but if it comes my way I can hold my own. I would love to do some wing cargo runs and other joint ops with others.
Fly Well CMDRs

Clupe_idae
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CLUPEIDAE

Postby Clupe_idae » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi there,
CMDR CLUPEIDAE here.

I'm based in the SW of England and like all genres of games but mainly those with PvE, jolly co-op and open world. I play on the PC and lately a lot in VR.
In-game I've made my home in the LHS 5287 system at McArthur's Reach; the palm trees remind me of a tropical beach :lol:
As I'm a newbie I'm still trying to get used to things - including the two sticks I play with. Currently I'm doing delivery missions and working on getting that big ship I've already spent some money on :roll:

I'm on Eurasia but interested in Factions too as sometimes I play all-night.
Hope to see you around!

SP_Predicador
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Predicador

Postby SP_Predicador » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Hello!

I'm SP_Predicador here, and CMDR Predicador in the game. I'm only a casual player, for years.

I've been thinking about entering mobius for a long time. I am a PVE player because I prefer to do exploration, mining and trade. I do not find any satisfaction in ruining the effort of many hours, of other players, doing the same activities that I like to do.

The only part of the pvp that I like, is when with my Gutamayas I make eat the dust to my deluded persecutors XD.

Surely the Gnosis trip has helped me to decid. Faced with events like this, I would like to have the option of playing with human beings around, and not only in Solo mode, but without worrying that there may be gankers or griefers.

o7 cmdrs

Genly
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Genly

Postby Genly » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Greetings

Cmdr Genly reporting in.

Have played in a PG of 3 for the last couple of years and have been looking to make new colleagues 'in crime' - actually, no crime wanted, just some fun and sharing of ideas and strategies.

Have a couple of ships, for different purposes.

Look forward to seeing you in the black.

o7

Jodem
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jodem

Postby Jodem » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Hey all, Jodem here.
RL name is Will. I am from Montreal Canada. Just bought Elite so still training. There seems to be a big learning curve so I need practice. I prefer PVE so I can enjoy the game and grow. A community is always more fun and helpful. :)

Wil

Return to “Introductions”