Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Dorkish98
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DORKISH98
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Dorkish98 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Hey there! I'm CMDR Dorkish98.
I decided to join Mobius since I've never been a fan of PVP in most games and solo play was starting to get lonely. I'm also fairly new to playing Elite Dangerous and this seemed like it'd be a good way to learn from other player if I need to. I hope to meet some of you out there so that I don't feel so alone in the cold void of space!

Krangar
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Krangar

Postby Krangar » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi CMDR Krangar here,

Been Playing ED since premium beta, usually just play solo since release as not had much success surviving in open.
As play time sometimes limited all was found it frustrating to end up getting involuntarily involved in PvP with a ship not setup for combat.

Usually run around bubble doing missions to get rep up with imperial/ federation to unlock the ships and slowly build up funds.
If fancy a change just go off for a bit of an exploration trip, or hop into my mining clipper to go do a bit of mining for a change of pace.

Have thought about joining Mobius for a long time but never got around to it as usually just jump in on solo, but currently working my way through in DW2, and thought this may be a good opportunity to actually group with others on the same expedition without risking the PvP warriors that are bound to be following the DW2 route hoping to find people in open mode.

My elite gaming started off on the original 1984 BBC Micro tape version (Disk version once got a drive), followed by playing on Spectrum, C64 and then Amiga (600/1200) then eventually switched to using PC's. Also play ED on Xbox but very rarely.

Originally started gaming on phillips gaming consoles and the atari 2600 (well PC's didn't really exist back then) then started with personal computers like the BBC micro/Spectrum/vic20/C64 and eventually years later what is now know as PC's.

Quinnlyn
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Thalestr

Postby Quinnlyn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:02 am

Hello! Have nearly 300 hours in Elite and have only really played Solo as PVP is just not my cup of tea. I still would like to see and interact with real people, however, so I thought joining Mobius would be a good idea!
Mobius America group. Feel free to send a friend request ingame!

Javelin1x
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Javelin1x
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Javelin1x » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Hello everyone I'm CMDR Javelin1x
I'm a very laid-back person that's looking for a few good pilots to team up with to explore, bounty hunt NPC pirates or work our way up to more adventurous missions.

I've been flying for a week or so off and on, just bought a Cobra Mk lll, I'm using it to haul merchandise and people, what I really want is a Vulture, the 2 large ports on a tiny ship looks mean lol.
The last MMORPG involving outer space I played was EVE online, flying to the sun had no dangerous gravity well or heat, the graphics of ED are amazing even on a standard PS4.

What drew me to ED was the fact it has so many systems you can go to and explore, flying your own ship and not point and click like EVE, what I really want to do is explore these Stellar phenomenon or in counter random aliens, what drew me to Mobius was not having to deal with Pvp choke systems that trolls new players because they can't jump farther to get away, if you happen to be in a system in your Hauler full of goodies and a CMDR pops out of supercruise you won't need to worry about it you may even make a new friend.
It's not what you don't know that will get you into trouble
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

cosmicthoughts
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: cosmicthoughts

Postby cosmicthoughts » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Hello there,

Distant Horizons 2 actually recommended this group for PvE chillness, hence here I am!

CMDR Eldrich Thames
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Eldrich Thames

Postby CMDR Eldrich Thames » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Greetings, fellow Commanders! This is Eldrich Thames signing in! O7

I've been playing Elite practically since launch day back in 2014. I've never played any of the previous Elite games or any other space sim for that matter, but for me Elite Dangerous is the closest thing to my dream game I've ever played. I've always loved space and sci-fi, and the idea of having an entire galaxy for you to explore and leave your mark in is simple a dream come true to me.

Though I've played Elite for the better part of 4 years now, I've never played in Open. Not even once. Not only because the prospect of random PvP doesn't quite attract me (I've played my fair share of PvP games in the past), but also because in my home country Internet service is generally awful, and it often was barely enough to play in Solo.

But now that I moved to another country and I have a much more reliable Internet connection, I wanted to at least have the opportunity of sharing space with some of my fellow Commanders out there. I've wanted to join Mobius for a while now, so I really hope to see you all very soon!

I also enjoy role-playing and creating content related to Elite. I've been posting pics from my adventures on Instagram for almost 2 years now, and I'm planning to start streaming on Twitch very soon. The relevant links are on my signature.

That's it for now. Thank you for allowing me to become part of your community!

Fly Safe, Commanders! O7

Mirinesse
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mirinesse

Postby Mirinesse » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Ello!

CMDR Mirinesse

Played Elite way back on my Commodore 64 and got in on the kickstarter back for Elite Dangerous. Never really messed with it much...each time I did I just got frustrated and quit....trying again, maybe. I've never been into PVP and I would at least like to see some non-NPC entities now and then so that led me here.

Live on the Northeast Coast of the USA - and my mention of my Commodore 64 should help pinpoint my age :P

If I run into you....sorry - I suck at steering...and landing....and combat.

Astaran
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Astaran

Postby Astaran » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Hello everyone,

I am CMDR Astaran and I've actually been a member of the EURASIA branch of Mobius since July/August 2018. Sorry for the late introduction. I can be a bit of a hermit sometimes ;)

Like most people here I decided to join Mobius, because I do not appreciate getting ganked in open. While I usually enjoy competitive pvp in other games, the way it usually plays out in Elite just isn't my cup of tea.

Anyway, in Elite I like to do a bit of everything, although exploration has been my main activity for the last few months. When I'm back in the bubble, I will probably check out the new mining mechanics and dust off my Anaconda to push my combat rank with bounty hunting.

For the future, I'd like to be more active here in the forums and maybe even join one of the Mobius Squadrons. It DOES tend to get a bit lonly out in deep space and I am a social person at heart after all :mrgreen:

Azenomei
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Azenomei
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby Azenomei » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Greeting everyone,

My name is CMDR Azenomei. I have been playing Elite:Dangerous for a few weeks now and I like it a lot!
I found the Mobius community because i don't really care for pvp yet and i do want to play with like minded people.

In a week ill be catching up to the DW2 group, so maybe ill see some of you there!

CMDR Tuley
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tuley

Postby CMDR Tuley » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:59 am

Hello everybody,

My name is CMDR Tuley. I've been playing Elite:Dangerous since it released in 2014. I found the Mobius community after a near-death experience with a griefer in Open Play. (Thank goodness for repair limpets and AFMUs) I'm on course to keep up with the DW2 expedition and am excited to be a part of it.

Fly safe CMDRs...

Return to “Introductions”