Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
gabriele83
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: gabriele83
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby gabriele83 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi there!

CMDR gabriele83 here from Italy, got to know Mobius via a steam discussion after being ganked twice in a short amount of time, even while docking...was going to try open play and that was the result ;-)

Passionate about astronomy and space in general, guess this is why when I'm not taking pictures with my telescope or estimating stars' magnitudes I play games like Elite Dangerous, Eve Online and Kerbal Space Program.
Well I do also other thing not just that ;-)

Aeroranger
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Aeroranger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:09 am

Hi folks, first foray into the Elite world. Preordered on PS4 and looking forward to it. Played EVE online years ago and loved it. Found it to have a high learning curve but hoping I can pick this up easier. I've always enjoyed pve over pvp in most games, so this is ideal. I'm male, 46 from Scotland. Hope to see u all soon.

Narv
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Narv

Postby Narv » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi, Commander Narv here,

I've been long time member of the Mobius group and I just decided to really get back into Elite after leaving it for a while. I'm an original beta test member and I've been a keen elite player since the original in 1984.

I'm just focussing on getting my Imp rank up at the moment to get a clipper, but I'd like to really get to know other like minded folks who enjoy the PvE aspect without the griefing and ganking I saw during the last POI for the Thargoids.

yojimbosan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Yojimbosan

Postby yojimbosan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:26 pm

CMDR Yojimbosan, Radio Sidewinder. Colonia Citizen. Elite Explorer. Original BBC Elite pilot.

Being from NZ, I rarely meet other players in the galaxy. When I do, I've always had a positive experience (or at the worst been ignored). However, I personally know multiple players who love "non-consensual PvP" (SDC members for example), and they often hunt around in-verse Events like CZs, CGs and new discoveries. They won't target me, but they can't protect me from the others like them who will.

I want to get involved with environmental events like the Thargoids and so on, some of which I'm sure will benefit from multi-player involvement (FDev are hinting already that Thargoid combat would pretty much require co-ordinated tactics); but I don't want to be shot out of the sky unexpectedly by players. Mobius is a well-known haven of non-hostile commanders, and I'd like to join you.

HairballHacker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: HairballHacker

CMDR HairballHacker

Postby HairballHacker » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:09 am

Just joined. The reason is that although I am not opposed to piracy as a form of PvP, I am very much opposed to wanton griefing and ganking. Each and every time I have poked my head into Open I have been ganked for no reason. So I've played the last 2+ years in Solo. So I have finally decided to try Mobius. So here I am.

<o

quantanthropy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Robert O'Dochartaigh

Postby quantanthropy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:32 am

Hello

I just started playing a couple weeks ago. Put it off for a long time for fear that I would spend way too much time in this game(I was right). Sadly I was disappointed in ME:A and bored so I broke down and bought ED. All over now. Just tonight I was killed unprovoked by a superior craft and experience. Lost 10M in exploration data. I have read about Mobius before have heard it mentioned in videos so I figured it was time to join. From the Pacific NW(USA). Usually playing in the evenings. CMDR Robert O'Dochartaigh.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:54 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, new commanders! :D

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Avendosora
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avendosora

Postby Avendosora » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi guys and gals!

new elite player here using VR. looking for a fun group to leanr and play without getting ganked ;)
In game name Avendosora.

Taiaha
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Taiaha

Postby Taiaha » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:34 am

Hi all,

I've played Elite for MANY many many hours in the 80s (and continued to return to it regularly ever since). Also played Frontier easily for as many hours (tried 3rd, didn't like it). My heart leapt when I heard about an update - my mind pretty much had a melt down upon seeing clips on YouTube, and the following explosion of clips basically chiselled away until I managed to acquire it (through clever manipulation of offspring).

Been reading a lot about the unfortunate habit of being griefed or ganked, so avoided Open play ever since I got the game (after many decades of self narration and an ongoing series of stories in my head as I played - I simply slipped straight back into this quite contentedly).

Sadly, this meant no opportunity for playing in a community of others that this iteration of the game introduced, which literally is a new experience for me in relation to Elite.

Thanks for accepting me, and looking forward to at least meeting non-AI in the Galaxy, and even joining in on any projects that I am able to *huge grin*

Kiri

TimReaper
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tim Reaper

Postby TimReaper » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:37 am

Wotcha!

Hello from two new CMDRs, Tim Reaper & FlickyBob. I've been playing off and on in Solo since launch, but my son has recently started playing too and flying with him made me realise I was missing out. Not being a twitch combat pilot made Mobius the obvious choice. FlickyBob is only 8 IRL so if you see him and he doesn't say "hi" don't be offended - flying and spelling at the same time are a bit much for him right now :D

Return to “Introductions”