Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Twenty9er
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Twenty9er
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Twenty9er » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Relatively new ED player here...picked it up last fall but only recently started playing a lot, less than 40hrs so far. So far really enjoying it, mostly trading/smuggling and exploring with limited combat. Worked up to the Cobra currently and figuring out what's next. Happy to find and join this group and avoid getting picked off as much in open play (lost a few Sidewinders along the way...), while also meeting some good fellow players. Look forward to group missions, getting advice from others in the community, and just running into people in the game.

Thanks for creating this community! See you out there!

amenditman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: amenditman

Postby amenditman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 am

Hello Mobius and PvE

I'm amenditman here and in game. Can't get confused that way.

I am a 50 something, disabled, space opera fan. I played a bunch of space games, shoot em ups / sims / 4X, over the years. Lots of time on my hands.

Having played ED for about 5 hours, Solo Mode only so far, I think that it might be THE game I've been looking for for 20 odd years.

I like flying around doing stuff. Really good at evading interdiction. Not so good in combat the few times I've been caught.

Looking to join up with players who have different skills and play styles.

Signing off
Texting + Anything Else = Texting

The something else always gets broken!

Gargantini
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gargantini

Postby Gargantini » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:01 pm

Hello there!

CMDR Gargantini here and in game!

Love Bounty Hunt and some Exploration and Delivery around the Galaxy. Looking forward to wing up, maybe join the Navy...

Where is the action or at least most of the people in the Galaxy right now?

Fernando Gargantini,

Rhisto
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rhisto

Postby Rhisto » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi, I'm Rhisto
Some key details about me:
  • I'm from the Netherlands, yet comfortable in English as well.
  • 50 yrs of age, means I played Elite on a Commodore64 :lol:
  • I don't like griefers, hence my preference towards PVE
I've purchased ED last weekend (4 days prior to this write-up), and I'm interested in how peeps here look at the horizon expansion. Is it really worth it or is everyone here playing without it ?

Thanks for reading this far, see you in game.
Rhisto

Watchdog
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Watchdog
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Watchdog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Commander Watchdog here. I am a man, seeing the 40 drawing near much more clearly than the 30 fading away behind me. I come from the Czech Republic. I used to play games like the original Elite and Moonfall on my Commodore 64 and since then I am a space game fan. I am an ED Kickstarter backer, who all but forgot about the game and only started playing recently. Yes, this means that among other goodies, I missed the option to see Cobra Mk IV for sale. *sighs*

As an explorer in ED, I am a bit hesitant to fly in the Open anymore after seeing things like this: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... es4Feelies

While I spend a lot of time far away from the civilized space, I would hate to lose all the exploration data when landing at my final station just because another player wants to use me as their guinea pig while videotaping some exploit/bug. I would also prefer to only have to worry about the NPC enemies, not to expect the worst and completely unpredictable outcome whenever seeing a hollow square/triangle pop up on my radar.

@Rhisto: I would wholeheartedly recommend buying Horizons, planetary exploration is so much fun it almost feels like another game within the game.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius new Commanders

Please feel free to add your names to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Techs
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Techs

Postby Techs » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:05 am

Hey yall,

Joined Mobius PVE in the hopes of finding a good group to fly with. PVE because I'm still getting back into the swing of things. Not ruling out PVP, just not quite ready for it. Plus, there's a large galaxy out there to explore, and plenty to do without fending off a hoard of PVP junkies.

I'm a fairly consistent military simulator player, mostly Flight simulators, but a few runs with ArmA groups. I like some organization and teamwork, especially with some level of coordination out there.

I'm a student at a local community college, and a part time computer tech. In school I'm working on an aviation degree. So, I guess anything flight is pretty much in my blood.

Catch yall around,

Techs

pixel_de
Harmless
Harmless

Postby pixel_de » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi,

pixel from germany here. I am 40 years old graphic designer and new to the game. Just started Bounty Hunting,
right now I have a Vulture. I really want to get a Python. I am on the Mobius Teamspeak server. Please contact me!
My Elite and Steam name is "pixel_de". Lets Teamup PVE!

Best from Germany
pixel_de

geordie6868
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: geordie6868

CMDR Geordie6868

Postby geordie6868 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm a retired RAF Avionics engineer, late fourties.
Been playing solo for about 4 months.
I played Elite on the BBC Model B and more extensively on the Spectrum 48K.
When I heard that it was coming back I had to get it.
I play a lot of PC games.
Looking to get into the larger Galaxy and contribute to the game.

clockworkmurderer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: clockworkmurderer

Postby clockworkmurderer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:56 am

Commander Clockworkmurderer here. I've played 30 hours of Elite Dangerous on solo play since I bought it last week; considering that I also work and study, I guess you could say I've not left myself much time to sleep. Elite Dangerous is one of the awesomest things I've ever seen, and is definitely the most beautiful video game I've ever played. I drop out of supercruise just to stare at a star or enable headlook and slowly inspect the milky way. I've been a space nerd all my life, starting with a proper education in the Star Wars original trilogy. I didn't see them until 20 years after they first aired, but they're still some of my favorite movies. I chose to join PvE because I've never much cared for multiplayer games; too much griefing/too many jerks (which would ruin my fun in ED for sure). A cooperative playergroup in PvE sounds like just the ticket to make this game even awesomer than it already is in solo play. I've submitted my join request in the group, but I may not be playing in the group until this weekend. For now, hello, and I look forward to flying with some of you.

Return to “Introductions”