Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
johnluke74
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: johnluke74
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby johnluke74 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:51 am

Mobius wrote:Welcome Fellow Commanders to your own PvE forum.

To help everyone get to know each other please introduce yourself,
tell us why have you chosen PvE over PvP?
We are all a mature friendly bunch here.

Regards Mobius

Hi There!
I am CMDR Johnluke74 ,
playing from Italy and looking for someone to play/wing with.
I was looking for some group to get more fun from Elite, so here I am..
Hope to get some tips from experienced members..
See you in space folks!
Cheers

Craps
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Craps

Postby Craps » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi all...
Cmdr. Craps here,
I live in the Dallas Tx. area. I am 63 years old and I am a Engineering Inspector for one of the large cities. Been playing Elite for about 5 months now and love it. I have not been in PVP very much. I was a huge COD player until Ghosts came out. Not much playing. I use to play Privateer, when it came out, r for the longest time and fell in love with that game years ago. Now I was introduced to Elite and bought it during the big $20 sale. Wish I started awhile ago. I do play with a couple of old COD buddies (got them in this game). We play with TeamSpeak, have hours of fun.

bradwhiteuk
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: bradwhiteuk

Postby bradwhiteuk » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:29 am

Greetings!

CMDR bradwhiteuk here,
I'm from Essex in the UK. Started playing E:D in January and am so far enjoying it. Have only really played in Solo so far, as I have no interest whatsoever in PvP. Looking to make the game a bit more interesting by playing in a friendly PvE community, and this looks the perfect place to do that.

See you in game :mrgreen:

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:59 am

Welcome aboard, new Commanders!

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

WhiteRanger
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: whiteranger

Postby WhiteRanger » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello everyone,

My name in the forums is WhiteRanger and my name in game is CMDR whiteranger.
I am fairly new to the game and brand new to Mobius; I wanted other people to play it with, however I didn't want to fight other people, I mostly wanted a group to fly along with to help make space feel less lonely. So I decided to choose PvE.
I hope to get to know many of you during our travels and I look forward to our adventures in the cosmos! :)

Sincerely,
WhiteRanger

Jord Varelse
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jord Varelse
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jord Varelse » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello!
CMDR Jord Varelse, hailing from Austria.
A veteran of Elite: Frontier I've played it for countless hours back in the day. Elite: Dangerous finally seems to have caught up with the old times in content, with the big bonus of actually meeting other people in there.

Now, while I enjoy a good fight, I don't enjoy being ganked for the lulz quite as much. I've spent the last month learning the basics in solo mode.
Looking forward to explore the galaxy together with you guys, see you there!

sarrif
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: syfy

Postby sarrif » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:36 pm

hi i'm cmdr syfy real name rendy

i wanted to join because i realy hate pvp and i mostly play in solo because of this ,so i thought i might look into some private groups.
i've bin playing since the game came out but stopt playing because i could not get into better ships :p
so now i'm back again and hope to play some ed with you guys

see you in space :D

nazo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nazo

Postby nazo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:21 am

Oops! I joined the group in the game first and the group on Facebook, but forgot to actually register here! Well, I feel silly. *Cough* Anyway, I'm Nazosan in the game (Nazo was taken already of course -- I swear this used to be a truly original nickname when I first came up with it probably two decades ago now) and I have definitely always been completely against the whole attitude so many have towards open where they figure it's ok for people to just randomly kill each other for no more reason than because they arbitrarily and unofficially decided they own some system somewhere that you happened to pass through. With, of course, no way even to know that they've arbitrarily laid claim to this system or anything... Don't even get me started on people actually excusing actual griefers. (And how can anyone think this is realistic? It's like if a kid comes in with an assault rifle to an archaeology site and starts shooting people just because he can and then a bunch of people say that since he was physically able to do this and no one stopped him that makes it ok somehow.) No more of that crap here. Finally I can leave solo.

I'm still going to reject most automatic friend requests btw. I really hate that people do that so automatically that they are almost not even aware of having done so.

Jasper23
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jasper23

Postby Jasper23 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:39 am

Hello my Commander name is Jasper23 as is my user name on here. My RL name is the same again just without the numbers. I am 43 and live in beautiful Devon here in the UK. I have been playing on XB1 since it was in game preview. I have just migrated from Xbox to PC. Unfortunately due to the way that save games work on xbox, I could not transfer my commander from Xbox to PC. However Frontier very kindly allowed me to transfer my assets over so all was not lost. I now have to work at unlocking all those locked systems again, on the plus side though I can revisit some of the more beautiful systems/nebula and get the exploration data again :) . During my time playing on XB1 my play style was that of an explorer/smuggler. One of the best things that I liked about this game on xbox was the great community. I am sure it will be just as good on PC as well. If you see me in game feel free to say hi and have a chat. Jasp. :D

Gunnet
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gunnet

Postby Gunnet » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:16 am

Hi everybody, great to be here. I'm down in New Zealand, and my cmdr name is the same as my forum name.

I played solo for a long while, but thanks to the exploration community I eventually realised how much more fun Elite is in the company of other players. While I'm no stranger to PvP games, for me this particular game has infinitely more potential as the kind of cooperative experience which can only flourish in a pure PvE environment.

Looking forward to seeing you all out there :)

Return to “Introductions”