Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
fenke
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: immerlicht
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby fenke » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 am

Well met commanders,

I am a software developer from the Netherlands and occasionally play games. I enjoyed playing Elite back in the eighties and was so pleased to hear that particular docking tune we hated then. I generally prefer PvE over PvP, more time to enjoy the scenery, story and all the beautifull content

I've just started as CMDR immerlicht and left the starter systems with a Cobra - what else could I have choosen ;) - and upgraded it with standard gear with credits mostly from courier and bounty contracts. Have tried a small exploration route from spansh's route planner and currently looking into maybe buying a Diamandback Explorer for exploration. Or a Dolphin for passenger jobs and making Farseer happy, not sure yet.

Schwappek
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SCHWAPPEK

Postby Schwappek » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:39 pm

Hi there!

I'm a 40-something old German. I played the original Elite a little bit in the late 80s/early 90s, Frontier and First Encounters a lot later on. I only discovered the existence of Elite Dangerous a few months ago on PS4, instantly falling in love with it. I switched to PC just a week ago after learning that console support will apparently be phased out. (My sons highly approve because now I'm not blocking the PS4 any more.)

I basically love grinding trade and exploration and simply enjoying the scenery and the "realistic" feel of space travel and astronomical bodies etc. I've just purchased an Asp Explorer and will go on grinding in the Federation part of the bubble until I gain permission for Sol, do some Engineering enhancements and then probably do some exploring towards the Galactic Core.

I only played Solo mode until now because I hate PvP/gankers, but now I've learned about Mobius and applied to join, hoping I'll be accepted and subsequently to meet some of you guys and girls out there.

e_drift
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cmdr e_drift
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby e_drift » Fri May 06, 2022 11:41 am

Best Wishes Fellow Commanders :lol:

I began innitially with exploration in solo as i knew the reputation for gankers in open play. I'm a very patient spacefarer so didn't mind the very long expeditions i've done that helped me get my credit foot in the door. I've done about 5 long range trips (20,000ly+) with my longest being, if memory serves from my home system Brestla to Colonia & back. My approach focuses on the slow & steady, not rushing ahead, getting each progression bedded down. I still think fondly of my starting Sidewinder. I've recently gotten into void opal/low temp diamond mining & ranked up to my Imperial Clipper. I'd love to hang out with other commanders. Anyway great to meet my fellow Mobius cmnders. Im based in Brestla system ( I Sola Prospect planetary outpost). Fly Far & Fearless!

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Fri May 06, 2022 5:53 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander e_drift
Hope to meet you in the Black one day!

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.
Be sure to follow them carefully so all necessary steps on your side are taken to avoid delays in the acceptance process.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.
Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.
On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.
There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Benyamin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Benyamin

Postby Benyamin » Tue May 10, 2022 1:16 pm

Greetings Commanders.

I'm Benyamin, both on the forums and in game. I'm a 36 year old aircraft mechanic in the United States.

I've played Elite for many years now, but always in solo. I've wanted to see about playing with other people, but the horror stories of gankers in open kept me from doing so. I've found this place and look forward to meeting you all out in the black. I can usually be found trying out the weekly CG, or grinding for money or engineering mats. Unless I've decided to head out into the unknown, of course. I'm currently working on both my Federal and Imperial ranks, and trying to grind out Elite in combat.

geoff64reed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: geoff64reed

Postby geoff64reed » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:22 am

Hi guys
My name is Geoffrey, my ingame name is geoff64reed since ps3 days.
I live in Sydney Australia and I'm in my 40s.
Been looking for a group to pve with as most of my game mates don't really get into Elite Dangerous as much as I do, so here I am hoping to here from some of you guys soon.
I have a few ships but not the best.

Anyway guys just want to thank you all for letting me join the group...

Toroid Bob
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Shillingz

Postby Toroid Bob » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:20 pm

Hello Mobius members, thanks for letting me into your group.
First played Elite back in '84 on BBC micro then Atari ST [still have that and my copy of Elite on floppy disk]. Got back into the "dangerous" edition during the first covid lockdown here in the UK, been playing nearly daily since.
Thought it about time I connected with other likeminded players and I would like to get into the BGS side of the game.
Currently in balones system upgrading my Odyssey suits/ weapons.
See you in space
TB

D34M0N
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: D34M0N

Postby D34M0N » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:16 pm

o7 CMDRs,

I'm CMDR D34M0N. I started playing E:D somewhere last year. Initially mostly in open, but after I was almost ganked one time, I played mostly in solo. But the last couple months I'm often active in CGs, so I wanted to have the opportunity to play together with other CMDRs, without being bothered by gankers.

I like to fly around and go wherever faith takes me. I like variation, so there are many activities that I like to do, but my favorites are: haz res sites, CZs (both in space and on the ground), thargoid hunting and exploring. I always like to say: "You haven't lived until you've flown through an asteroid field with a sluggish ship like an Anaconda, dodging asteroids and ramming pirates." I've been outside the bubble a couple of times; to visit guardian ruins for Ram Tah's ancient sites mission, to a couple of active guardian sites and to the Pleiades. I definitely want to visit some more active guardian sites (to unlock more guardian tech) and to visit other nebulae. Other things on my bucket list are: go to Jackson's Lighthouse to practice getting a neutron boost, visit Colonia, learn to fly FA off, visit the galactic center, try PP.

My fleet (in order of acquiring them):
- Sidewinder (sold)
- Adder (sold)
- Cobra Mk3 (not actively in use anymore at the moment)
- DBX (not actively in use anymore at the moment)
- Vulture 'Bird of Prey' (first ship that I gave a name; not actively in use anymore at the moment)
- Alliance Chieftain 'Wanderer' (first ship with which I went outside of the bubble; not actively in use anymore at the moment)
- Krait Mk2 'Bug Spray' (anti-scout ship)
- Anaconda 'Big Momma' (general purpose ship, that I use most of the time ATM)
- FDL 'Reaper' (for CZs, haz res sites and things like that; I got bored using my Anaconda for those activities)
- Alliance Chieftain 'David' (anti-interceptor ship)

When I'm ready to visit Colonia, I want to expand my fleet with an ASPX.

NerezzaShadowFlame
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nerezza ShadowFlame

Postby NerezzaShadowFlame » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:04 pm

o/

CMDR Nerezza ShadowFlame here looking to make new friends, fly and enjoy a good time!

Ships I haz:
-Sidewinder

Looking for:
-Getting rich
-Good at combat
-But most important, NEW FRIENDS :D

Liam Fulcher
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: B1RD_5OLD13R

Postby Liam Fulcher » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:51 am

o/

CMDR B1RD_5OLD13R here looking to make new friends, fly and enjoy a good time!

Ships I haz:
-Anaconda

Looking for:
- Friends
-Tips n tricks (not exploits I don't cheat)
-But most important having fun n Makin new friends hopefully get to see more cmdrs out there

Sent from my WP5 using Tapatalk

Return to “Introductions”