Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
CheesemanTrue
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CheesemanTrue
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby CheesemanTrue » Wed May 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi all,

CMDR CheesemanTrue, I'm a lecturer, I teach HND Computing and Games Design.

I had the distinct pleasure of teaching "Harry Potter". He was actually a good student, that all I have to say on that. :)

Anyhow I am 49, live in Leicester UK. I played the original Elite and loved it. Saw ED and have played for year or so casually. I love the game and its one of the few space games I got into. As a casual player I'm not really into PvP and I'm not that interested in grinding everything needed for the PvP spec you need. Not my bag. I love exploring, trading, PvE combat and ranking up (well most of the time).

I have a YouTube channel for teaching and some ED stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBMIHgoz3dHuydSDsDsH2TA

Anyhow nice to meet you all.

Catch up with you in Maia System (for now).

violetstarflame
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: violetstarflame

Postby violetstarflame » Wed May 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Hello!

I am Commander violetstarflame! I am a 30 year old woman who works with dogs and I'm a bit of a nerd. I play Dnd and fellowship weekly and I'm just getting back into this game. I discovered this game a while ago through Zero Punctuation (he and I generally​ share views on multiplayer) and put it down for the move. I've started afresh now and am working to build up my merchant status, as well as to further the cause of my Galactic Power (Aisling Duval). I love this game, but I'm wary of PvP. I generally stay away from it, but honestly, this game is built for jolly cooperation, and then a YouTube video pointed me this way.

I look forward to playing with y'all.

-Violet

PS I hope I did the registration process right. I used the Google doc and got an email and followed that email here.

AtA2k
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: AtA2k

Postby AtA2k » Thu May 11, 2017 11:36 am

Hello everyone,

Commander AtA2k reporting. Looking forward to meeting more people :)

Kind regards

CMDR Vaegon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vaegon

Postby CMDR Vaegon » Thu May 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Greetings CMDRs o7

I'm CMDR Vaegon. I'm a 19 y/o college student, originally from the UK but currently studying at Auburn University in Alabama (quite the change lol). As you may be able to tell from my name I'm a big Game of Thrones/ASOIAF fan. I've been out of Elite for a while due to not having access to my HOTAS but I'm back in time for the Cannon CG which I'm having a lot of fun with! I don't have many friends on Elite so feel free to send me a friend request!

Fly safe and see you out there CMDRs! o7

mohebius
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mohebius

Postby mohebius » Fri May 12, 2017 1:35 am

Hi.

I'm CMDR Mohebius and I'm looking forward into some adventures on our galaxy.

Kind regards

oldusphart
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: oldusphart

Postby oldusphart » Fri May 12, 2017 4:58 am

Hi there,
I'm only newish to this new elite, I was a keen player of the original on BBC and then C64 many moons ago, ( hence the CMDR name ) but I'm starting to get into it and have been set back a few times having been playing in PvP. I'm beginning to enjoy trading and exploration in my little cobra MKiii and don't want any more setbacks for a while till I can afford to defend myself a little better in open. Really looking forward to meeting some of you out there. Oh and I'm an aussie, so Asia Pacific timezone for me o7

Cheers,
al < CMDR oldusphart >

POWERS IIC
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: POWERS IIC

Postby POWERS IIC » Fri May 12, 2017 4:59 am

Hello CMDR's o7

I've been enjoying Elite for about a year now. The introduction of Multi-crew got me to play in open and I've enjoyed meeting other CMDR's in the game. I found Mobius PVE just recently and decided to join. This seems like a great environment, I prefer co-operative play and don't want to have to second guess new CMDR's I meet.

I've attempted to join twice now, found multiple paths defined for joining but some of them don't seem to work. Just found the google form page today and filled that in as well, hope that does the trick.

fly safe!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri May 12, 2017 10:52 am

POWERS IIC wrote: I've attempted to join twice now, found multiple paths defined for joining but some of them don't seem to work. Just found the google form page today and filled that in as well, hope that does the trick.

fly safe!

The join process has changed somewhat recently. Sorry for any confusion. If you have sent an in-game join request for the appropriate private group, and submitted this registration sheet, then you're all set. One of our admins will process your request as soon as possible.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri May 12, 2017 10:53 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, new commanders!

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

fenrock
Competent
Competent
CMDR: fenrock

Postby fenrock » Fri May 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Hello. CMDR Fenrock checking in.

I only came across the group recently and decided to join as this is exactly what I want from elite (especially after having my Beluga shot on site "for the lolz" in open).

I bought ED during beta, and played a lot with a small group of friends for a while pre-horizons. Eventually decided to take up my exploring side as the group fizzled out, and went on a random tour towards Sag A and then on to Colonia in a bewt of an AspX (which I accidentally sold recently after a few too many beers and getting the options wrong on a transfer. RIP my wonderful companion, I shall search you out like han and chewwie found the MF).

She only had 35Ly jump range, but we toured the galaxy and it's Neutron highway together. :teary-eye:

The lure of Salome bought me back to the bubble in time for the event of previous weeks, with me doing two 6 hour stints of jumping from Colonia to get back in time.

Anyway, I'm back in the bubble now, looking for an incentive, buying new ships and hoping to make some wing-friends along the way.

o7

Return to “Introductions”