Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
SgtGump
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SgtGump
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby SgtGump » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Hey everyone! In game I'm CMDR SgtGump (copied my Steam name, basically), IRL I'm Joe. I don't have a ton of time under my belt, only about 60 hours in game. I mainly decided to join because I was starting to get a little bored in solo interacting with nothing but bots, and I like the idea of my fellow CMDRs not randomly sending me to the rebuy screen for no good reason. Lately I've been space trucking in my Keelback, although I'd like to save up for an exploration-oriented ship soon and make my way out of the bubble

Mako
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mako1971

Greetings from Cmdr Mako1971

Postby Mako » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Hello from Cmdr Mako1971, call me Mako.

I am new to multiplayer ED but not to the game with about 1,100 hours logged behind the stick. What can I say? It was getting a little too quiet out in the black...LOL! :D

I am looking forward to giving coop missions a try and working with my fellow Commanders. I have been involved in most things - exploration, freight, mining, combat, CGs, etc.

Currently I am heading back to the Bubble from The Gnosis in my disposable Asp Scout, the Hang Fire. Got away mostly unscathed surprisingly. That was an interesting mess but it was worth a try!

derkaskadian
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: KASKADIAN

Postby derkaskadian » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:43 am

Hello Commanders!

Long time flight/space sim pilot finally getting around to playing Elite Dangerous.
Looking forward to playing with other PvE pilots.

Cmdr TheD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: IxAMxTHExD
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby Cmdr TheD » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Mobius wrote:Welcome Fellow Commanders to your own PvE forum.

To help everyone get to know each other please introduce yourself,
tell us why have you chosen PvE over PvP?
We are all a mature friendly bunch here.

Regards Mobius

Hey all! I'm from Xbox. I'm Cmdr_TheD/Cmdr_IxAMxTHExD, I know it's a childish gt haha. I, regrettably, made my gt that years ago and never changed it.

For the time I've spent in this game, I've avoided open play as I know what's in store for me. I like to explore and all without having players and npcs joining forces to shoot me down. Never really felt like finding a group until now and it's surprising to find a group like this to be quite honest.

Anyways, I'm used to playing solo and look forward to changing that in the future.

As a sidenote: I've had a couple friends buy elite but the soon after quit as they couldn't quite get by on their own. Well, one of them quit because he blew up his sidewinder 20+ times trying to land haha.

Best wishes,
Thed

FregiVentum
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fregi Ventum

Postby FregiVentum » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Greetings CMDRs,

My name is CMDR Fregi Ventum. IRL I'm a 44 year-old Cisco UCS / VMWare architect for a large manufacturing company, husband and father of three. I live in the States, specifically in Mississippi. I've been looking at ED for quite a while and finally pulled the trigger last weekend. I spent two days playing training missions, watching videos and reading posts before playing in earnest. According to Steam, I have 98 hours on record so far. Time flies! I'm still playing in my sidewinder, mainly doing delivery missions while exploring and selling my maps and doing upgrades. It'll jump 17+ LY now. I'm just about to leave the bubble for the first time. I aspire to get myself a nicely kitted out Asp Explorer but I'd also like to get a Beluga and do passenger missions.

I'm a bit of a social creature, so the solo play has been somewhat lonely. I was avoiding open play as I don't really want to be griefed by the first unfriendly hollow square I come across, so when I read about Mobius while reading the Frontier Forums I thought to myself, "this is my kind of community!" Here I am! :)

I haven't really played any space SIMs since the old days of X-wing and Descent on my 386, and T.I.E. Fighter and Descent 2 on my 486. :) Back then I used a CH F-16 Combat Stick (which I still own, somewhere in the attic). I remember Elite back in my C= 64 days, but honestly I did not play it. Typically I'm a story-driven FPS kinda guy (Bioshock and Borderlands to name a few) but this game has yanked me violently right back into the SIM genre. :)

Anyhow, enough about me. I look forward to a great relationship with this community and hope to explore the galaxy with you all! Please look me up once I join the in-game group PC/MAC - MOBIUS PVE AMERICA.

Thanks!
- FV

UHauler
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Slimy Hands
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby UHauler » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Hello, CMDRs!

CMDR UHauler, here!

I love PvE because I really just like to explore the galaxy, hauling things. I find it relaxing!
I'm a returning player - I started playing like 3 years ago and have since started over - finally getting back into the swing of things. Its intimidating starting over but addictive. Glad to be a part of such a great group of pilots.

See you out in space, CMDRs! o7

Vanguard001
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vanguard001

Postby Vanguard001 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:17 am

Hi,

I'm an IT student from Ohio USA. I like the idea of playing with others without having to worry about griefers. I've been playing ED since 2016. Looking forward to seeing you in the game. Wing missions sound fun.

Vanguard001

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:58 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commanders!

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Springbok82
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Springbok Whitcher

Postby Springbok82 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:35 am

Hi all,

CMDR Springbok Whitcher in game, Brian in the real world. I work for a grounds maintenance company as an assistant manager, South East England.

Was pulled into Eve Online many moons ago by a friend and found out as a casual player that casual and EVE Online (great game, don't get me wrong) don't really mix. Played for 3 years, but I was constantly being told exploration was silly as it netted little income (for the record, I love exploration!). Everyone is hung up on making as much ISK as possible and shafting each other. Tried PVP, sucked at it, and that was the last straw.

Couple of years after leaving EVE and several games in between, I thought I'd try out Elite Dangerous, especially since I have a VR headset, and it blew me away. The choice of playing open or on my own was a big plus, doing and learning things at my own pace. But it felt a little empty. Then I found out about Mobius. The idea of being part of something larger without having to worrier about some ruining my day sounded like a good idea. So here I am. Glad to be here.

As of now, I'm headed back from Maia to Felicity Farseer to beef up my Dolphin's FSD, stopping for some system/planet scanning along the way. I look forward to meeting fellow Commanders out there.

All the best!

o7

Tark
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kurt Krauser

Postby Tark » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi,

Cmdr Kurt Krauser in game

I decided to ask an invite to this private group cause i m interested in PvE and i would to play with people that, like me, prefers to help each other instead of killing other players.

Return to “Introductions”