Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
kmasamune
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: K.Masamune
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby kmasamune » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:48 am

Good evening commanders,

My name is K. Masamune [CMDR K.Masamune], a 37 year old spacer from Houston, TX, USA. I am a mature gamer and very chill, I never let my emotions get the best of me, so I tend to seek out others of the same attitude, how can distinguish virtual and actual reality.

I picked up Elite Dangerous almost about 2 years ago, but I would play it on and off until recently, because it had such a steep learning curve, and it took me forever to just learn how to fly the ship, because I had to map my key bindings just right for my G13 gamepad and G700s mouse. I have finally developed enough to play this game adequately.

When I started this game, it was truly like no other space sim I have ever played, I started my space sim experience with X3: Terran Conflict, and it drew me further into he space genre. I heard about this game from people talking about it on the internet, and I became curious and looked up some YouTube videos, and was blown away by how realistic and beautiful it was. This game is both exciting and scary, because you get to see beautiful star systems full of activity, or you can be overwhelmed by the fear of being stranded or destroyed in a deep black void, truly not a child's game, as it teaches you how to use intuition, manage, and stay cool in dangerous situations.

Anyway I am looking to join this group and play PvE with other mature CMDRs. I usually run solo instances because I wanted to avoid potential griefers while I learned to play the game. I worked my way up from Sidewinder, to Viper Mk III, and now I own a Vulture that's spec'd out for hunting bounties, and a Diamondback Explorer for entry level exploration. I am also working to gain rank in the Empire, so I can have access to it's cool looking ships. I would love to make new friends and do some missions with new friends!

Hope to catch you guys later!

K out...

badmanj0k3r
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: davidsaspey_j0k3r

hello

Postby badmanj0k3r » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 am

greetings
thanks for allowing me into the pve group :)

o7 commanders

FettFan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DWOLF45

First time CMDR

Postby FettFan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Hello fellow Commanders!

CMDR DWOLF45 reporting. I'm a social gamer but new to space sims. So ideally I'm looking for a wing or multicrew ship to learn the ropes with. I'm using the X55 HOTAS from Thrustmaster with Track IR5.

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there.

FinnyHawk1
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FinnyHawk1

Postby FinnyHawk1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi, Finnyhawk1 here. From Southern California, and feel quite overwhelmed by Elite Dangerous. Been on the forums and watching YouTube vids. Hope to take part in the PvE mode as I don't have hours and hours a day to play games so I always get destroyed in any PvP games. OK, also I'm perhaps a bit older than the average player and don't have the eye/hand coordination I used to - that's probably why I get creamed. Or, I'm a spazz, one of those things!

Thanks, hope you see you out in the Milky Way.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:18 am

ilikebadgers wrote:Hi fellow CMDR's,

Didn't buy a PC until December 2016 which is when I purchased Elite Dangerous. This is the game I dreamed of as a youngster :D Awesome scale, beautiful and such depth, wish I'd brought a PC when I heard of the Kickstarter way back but hey ho.

I to dreamed of this game when I was a youngster amazing how similar Elite Dangerous is to those dreams. My introduction to Elite was via my brother-in law when we were visiting Melbourne almost two years ago. Been to Geelong great place, also got to see a live footy game, CATS beat the Bombers. Great people here always willing to help.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

MisterCrispyFL
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MrCrispy

Postby MisterCrispyFL » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Hello there and thanks for letting me join!

I'm CMDR MrCrispy. I know it's akward as heck to say but I always go by that name and, honestly, I didn't know they slapped CMDR in front of it. By the time I started to get annoyed at how weird it was, I was already well into my Cobra so I figured starting over was out of the question. Sunk cost fallacy and such. Feel free to just call me "Crispy".

But I digress...

I've been playing since May, 2015. I mostly played solo due to this game being more of a "therapeutic time sink" than anything else but I also figured there was a larger part of the game I was missing in solo mode. Experience has taught me that I don't enjoy PVP at all so PVE is the way I go.

Hope to see some of you in my travels! I spent a great deal of time in the HIP 20277 area but have since relocated to Eravate to finally work on my Sol permit.

Current ship: Anaconda with mostly D rated hardware, doing passenger missions to replenish my bank account after the ship purchase.

Ynor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ynor

Postby Ynor » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Hallo CMDR Ynor from Denmark here.

Well im 47 but still a little child inside, maybe that is the reason why i have been playing Computer games sinces my Amiga 500.

My first online game was Eve but im a lover not a fighter so i haven´'t played eve for along time.But it was a very good game.

After trying this out now for 3 days im sold its very good .

I saw the name Mobius in a beginner guide for Elite Dangerous on you tube and decided that was a community for me.So here i am for now and many many more years to come .

Maybe i will see some of you ingame .thanks for invite.

CMDR Ynor

PrimalBanana
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: PrimalBanana

Postby PrimalBanana » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi all. I'm not new to Elite and have been playing for a few years now on PC and Xbox. I love playing the game when I get the chance and joined this group because i wanted to concentrate on the game rather than worrying about my appalling PvP skill. See you in the Black, I'm currently on my way to the core. o7
Fly Safe o7 :shock:

Gamerexis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gamerexis

Postby Gamerexis » Mon May 01, 2017 6:20 am

Hello! CMDR Gamerexis in game, just signed up for everything. Also, the Google docs sheet lists elite.pve.com as the website url instead of elitepve.com, just a heads up. I've been playing on pc a couple of months and have built up a decent stable of ships. See you in the black!! (Pending approval ;P)

mechan1c333
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: T'pau

Postby mechan1c333 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:28 am

Hi Cmdr T'Pau of the Mobius signing. Been playing ED since day 1.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Return to “Introductions”