Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
ChemcalInc
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Golan Pelorat
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby ChemcalInc » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:24 pm

Golan Pelorat

Newby to multiplayer games

Tytan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tytan

Postby Tytan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi!

CMDR Tytan here, PC player based in South East Asia. I've been playing on and off almost since ED launched, and as much as I love the player interactions in this game, I figured I sometimes need a more chilled-out alternative to Open :)

Hope to see you in game!

Err0r
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Err_0r

Postby Err0r » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:31 pm

Howdy.
I'm cmdr Err_0r, don't mind the pronunciation, I know it's an odd accent.
I'm a personal computer based player out of the north eastern US. After losing my ship and a good crew member one too many times to opportunistic predators in open and looking into solutions, I found out about Mobius and I couldn't think of a better place to be. While the idea of free interaction between different players in Open was lovely, the implementation is just too biased towards the playstyle of those who'd rather destroy what others want to build, so I'm here hoping to experience something different. I'm a cooperative rather than competitive player and I'd like to hope there's a place for me. As soon as I've got the green light to enter Mobius space, I hope to run into some of you.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:37 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Err_Or (love it!)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Pentar
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Pentar Stonedrake

Postby Pentar » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Hello all,

CMDR Pentar Stonedrake
Twitter: VRPentar
Platform: PC / VR (Vive)

I am a 49 year old gamer that has now logged over 1700 hours on Elite in Solo mode in VR. I initially started playing the game in Solo mode only to have my ship destroyed (by another player) within 15 minutes of starting the game. Did not stand a chance as I was still learning how to control my ship and still learning the basic controls of the game. After this happened a second time within a few minutes I decided to play Solo until I learned the game. Well, over 1700 hours later I am finding that I crave some human interaction ingame; not the stress of open with PvP but rather the ability to relax and experience the galaxy and BGS with other players in a more enjoyable way.

Sumguyhavingfun
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sumguyhavingfun

Postby Sumguyhavingfun » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:10 am

Hi All

Switched over to PC after playing on PS4 awhile back, transferred over 400,000,000 credits so at least its wont be too hard to start again

im CMDR Sumguyhavingfun

From Melbourne Australia.

Hope to see you all out there.

Mikes Vices
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mikes Vices
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby Mikes Vices » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:00 pm

Greetings, Commanders.

My name is Mike, a retired Army Veteran located on the West Coast, and I am a new CMDR who just purchased the game yesterday for XBO (GT: Mikes Vices). I am not a highly experienced pilot, although I do have a little bit of stick time in EVE:Valkyrie and some time in EVE, so while I understand the basic concepts, I have a lot to learn from everyone. In addition to being a *gamer* (been playing since my dad got an Atari 2600), I am a fan of horror movies and punk rock music, a motorcycle enthusiast (when the weather is nice and I'm not gaming, I'm on two wheels), and a pop culture geek.

As stated previously, I just bought the game, and after installing, began (and finished) the basic Training missions, supplemented by a few of the YT videos. Before actually starting the game, I wanted to do some research on Open v. Solo. While I am usually not much of a multiplayer gamer, I have some experience with MMO's (mainly CoH/CoV & SWTOR) and although I don't mind PvP with a purpose (RP/character development), griefers just ruin immersion for me. I wanted to check out how the Elite XBox community was fairing. A quick Reddit search implied that although getting better, the Open world was still rife with those who cause trouble for no discernible reason and my best bet would be to join an established community, with Mobius being recommended on multiple threads. I completed the Application/Registration process last night and was granted access this morning, so here I am. :-)

My goals for the game at present (with zero in-universe time so far) are simply to explore while improving my piloting skills, doing odds-n-ends tasks to earn some scratch along the way. As a guy who has thousands of hours in the Fallout universe from just exploring and wandering, I don't really need a big arching storyline to keep me going...just a little bit of lore to learn and the opportunity to upgrade/progress along the way. Once I get the hang of things, Community Goals would probably be the next step, but I'm sure I'll get input from my fellow Commanders.

Thanks to the Community for having me, and I'll see y'all (at least you XB pilots) in the black.

Gihm
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gihm

Postby Gihm » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:53 pm

CMDR Gihm signing in and saying hello!

Have been playing ED for a few months, and have no desire to play on open. However playing solo all the time is boring, so when I heard about Mobius I thought I would give it a try. =)

Laszl0
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Laszl0

Postby Laszl0 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi!
Cmdr Lazsl0 here, I'm a geriatric from the North of England who fondly remembers playing Frontier: Elite II.
I'm presently based in-game at Ohm City, LHS 20. Looking forward to meeting you.

VeniVidiVector
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: VeniVidiVector
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby VeniVidiVector » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:02 am

Hey all,

CMDR VeniVidiVector here

I'm new to Elite Dangerous and wanted to get a feel for the game in a friendly environment. Second time trying the game, but willing to give it a more serious go then the first. I'm on XBOX so hope to potentially see some of you out there!

Return to “Introductions”