Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Qwawn
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Qwawn
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Qwawn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:42 am

Hello all, Commander Qwawn here. I've been playing for a while. I play on PC via an Oculus Rift. I mostly buzz around in my Python although I have done the grind to Duke and I do own a cutter although she doesn't get a lot of flight time. I honestly didn't even think this type of group existed. I'm really excited to have found it. I had resigned myself to playing in solo because I just don't want the headache of someone blowing me up for pure giggles. I'm ok with solo but I am interested to see how this group interacts!

Looking forward to seeing you in the deep dark.

-Commander Qwawn

GrumpyFifer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ChrisRodgerUK

Postby GrumpyFifer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:03 am

Hey, I'm commander ChrisRodgerUK.

Haven't played the game in ages, but thought the latest update looked interesting. I like to relax in the game and trade, explore.

Z for Zombie
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Z for Zombie

Z for Zombie (Elite 1984 'Veteran')

Postby Z for Zombie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I was around "back in the day" when Elite was first released on the Acorn BBC Model B computer! i.e. the old wireframe version that ships as a free download with Elite Dangerous. (I found the old manual and reference card for that....it has Thargoid's in back then!)

....things have certainly moved on since then!

I've played Elite Dangerous (with Horizons) on and off since it launched...both for the PC and the XBox One, however, by 'best' profile is on the XBox.

I tend to play in Solo mode, as I wasn't confident in my dog-fighting skills (should I encounter the less friendly CMDRs out there).

I usually do the community missions, and missions handed out at the spaceports. I've done the odd 'rare goods' run every now and again (inc. visiting old Hutton!), but seldom do the mining and mass trade hauls.

As I type, I currently flying around in a Python, and also have a Vulture in the garage....then about 20mil in credits.....my dreams of an Anaconda (fully kitted out) seems a long way off .

I'm keen to try and expand my approach/immersion into this game, including finding a good group to join. (This one was recommended via the Frontier Forums)

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

Regards,

CMDR Z for Zombie

Physigist
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Theta Stigma

Postby Physigist » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:12 am

Hello
Name: Ronald Rossiter
Physigist-Online
CMDR Theta Stigma- In-Game
16 yo male
Located- Melbourne, Australia
Pending acceptance into Eurasian Server group

stargazer235
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Stargazer235

Postby stargazer235 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Hello Commanders,

Stargazer235 here. New to Elite on PS4 and looking forward to playing with some solid, helpful folks. Just finished the registration process and am in the process of jumping over to Azrael now.

Thanks for making some room for a new spacer!

tactix
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tactix

Postby tactix » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:32 pm

CMDR Tactix,

Lurked on these forums for ages but finally decided to join the board and server (still awaiting approval), I'm in a poorly outfitted Anaconda (mostly C/B) even though I've been playing well before this was ever on steam, I never was great at making cash so my crapconda is a highlight for me :D. I primarily trade/cargo with some bounty hunting on the side. I'd like to get this boat fully kitted out and am looking into the community for help doing so.

Edit: Sold the conda and went back to A rated FDL and a trading type 9, that rebuy is brutal, lost 20 mil :/ and I'm sure it only goes higher
Last edited by tactix on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redsteele
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Redsteele

Postby Redsteele » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:38 am

Hey Everyone!!

I am brand new to the game. I have only played a few hours (tutorials, first mission, etc). I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys in game, once I get approved for the group.

My in-game name is Redsteele as well. Hope to see you guys soon.

Forsythe
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Forsythe

Postby Forsythe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Hello everyone;
I'm Forsythe aka "Forsy".
Played Elite in alpha but I have been away from ED since soon after Horizons was released. Been back in the grind for just over a month. I have both teamspeak and discord. Looking to wing up for some combat/trade that will help out others and the general mobius group. I am amazed at the size of this group and look forward to joining the ranks where I am needed!

If I have a goal set, I can binge ED. I just did Eurybia to Colonia in 13 -1/2 hours last weekend. 45,000 lyrs total in about 28hrs of seat time over 3 days. Currently i'm working the "Secret Billionaires" combat CG in I Carinae.

I am 55% "Deadly" for combat rank, 44% "Tycoon" for trade, and 4% "Ranger" for exploration. Lieutenant & viscount for military rank. I own a 'conda, FDL, Vulture, Asp Explorer, and a Cobra. I have finally engineered my Anaconda and FDL so i'm also well versed in SRV surface scanner.
:)

Thanks to the powers that be for accepting me. I will apply for the "mobius PvE" group asap.

Fallen Cypher
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fallen_Cypher

Postby Fallen Cypher » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:22 pm

07 Commanders,

Commander Fallen_Cypher piloting the Federal Corvette 'An Obtuse Paradigm' here.

I have heretofore been a solo player predominantly and was referred to this group by Commander Niccosuave, who is a member.

Look forward to seeing whats up around here.

Cheers, and may all your jumps be free of Thargoid intervention.

Dinglebarry
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dinglebarry

Postby Dinglebarry » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:22 am

Hello.

I'm Dinglebarry in-game as well. I am coming from 2 years of KSP, and this is really my first multiplayer game ever. I'm pretty excited by all there is to do.

53, from BC, Canada. First computer was a Timex Sinclair Z-80, with the 16 kb expansion module. Typed in, in less than a day, a program to play blackjack. Twice. Don't ask. But it was fun.

I missed out on Elite back in the 80's, so this is all new. The lore, the canon, all of it. Very interesting stuff. I'm glad I jump in.

As of today, I have 3 days in. I have a Cobra MkIII & 1.5 million credits, and good rep & a little influence. Most importantly, I have stopped cooking myself in stars when the jump ends. 4 times!!

I hope to run into you out there one day, maybe even squadron-up against the nasties in some Chieftans!! Seriously nice stuff they have planned.

Anyways, keep yer stick on the ice.

o7

Return to “Introductions”