Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
MostCrafty
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MostCrafty
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby MostCrafty » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Good Day,
I'm Commander MostCrafty (Matt) from Colorado, USA, and I'm glad to be here. I've been playing Elite: Dangerous for just over a week. I'm very impressed by the game, but extremely impressed by the amount of community support and tools out there. Everything from EDDB to Mobius, there's something for everyone, and largely community/voluntarily done. Super cool!

I play on PC with a Vive, a hotas, and just this past weekend set up Voice Attack with an HCS voice pack, and wow, just wow.

I'd love to connect with others to learn about this massive galaxy's ins and outs. Here are my details:
Reddit and Steam name: Shizmatango
In Game Commander name: MostCrafty

See you out there :)

tarasis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: tarasis
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby tarasis » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:02 pm

CMDR Name: tarasis
Forum Name: tarasis
Ships: Sidewinder, Hauler and Viper MK IV

Hi I'm Rob, I live in Germany but I'm from Northern Ireland. I'm 41, a stay at home parent but formerly a computer programmer, writer and technical editor/reviewer for computer books.

I occasionally play Elite Dangerous, though nowhere near enough (I Kickstarted it, but never felt fully engaged with the game). Like Derek above, I'm fine with roleplay but people just out to stroke their ego just isn't for me. I'm not spending my valuable time to have some idiot come along, blast me out of the heavens and waste what I've done.

StarMoose732
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: StarMoose732

Postby StarMoose732 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Hey everyone
Just want to say hi and I am looking forward to flying with you guys.

Trooper1023
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Trooper1023

Postby Trooper1023 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Hey all,

CMDR Trooper1023, of NYC, NY, USA. Been in E:D for about two months, closing on 300 hrs of gameplay.

Mostly looking for new people to PVE with, whether it's bounty hunting in a wing, or daring to mine in a RES zone. Have Discord, will talk.

Clear skies, CMDRs.

BurmaShave
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BurmaShave

Postby BurmaShave » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Hello,
My name is Jason and I currently live in Dublin, Ireland - this is the eighth country I have lived in, so no wonder I am drawn to an exploration game. I have been playing on and off for about a year, re-introduced to it by my ten year old son a few months ago.
I remember playing the original game on a Commodore 64 with my friends, of course that same game is now playable on my Android phone (for when I am not near my home PC), and had played a little on the intervening versions.

I am mostly happy trading and exploring, I am currently just past the Heart and Soul Nebulae, on my way to the Formidine Rift mega ship.

My Commander name BurmaShave comes from an old style of shaving cream sold in the USA in the 50's (I think) that were infamous for their roadside advertisements on the old US highway system - I always imagine seeing them as I come in to an Orbital.

Now that I have found this group I am eager to return to the bubble and join up with some like minded players.

Fly safe!

Qane
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Qane_319
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Qane » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:20 am

CMDR Qane reporting in. ( CMDR Qane on pc/ CMDR Qane_319 on ps4 )

Hi, My name is Brady and I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex in Texas. I am currently on forced medical retirement due to issues resulting from a botched surgery back in 2010. I have been gaming since I got my first computer in 1985. Currently I game primarily on my PC and PS4. I bought into Elite Dangerous on the PC as a founder, but have not picked it up until recently. Main reason being is I bought a Warthog HOTAS, pedals, and mfd panels, and I was overwhelmed by the programming. I am a fan of the Arma 3 series, as well as Digital Combat Simulator, But I've had a long time love of space games. I play many other titles as well, and have a immense library I have collected over the past 30+ years. I have very little playtime logged in elite, mostly from the ps4 and some on the pc. But by all terms and definitions I am very green when it comes to the game. My degree from University was International Economics, and it has been quite useful in studying trade trends and doing market analysis in other games. I am interested in following the path of engineer within Elite, but I know I will have to learn to crawl before I can run. It's a honor and a pleasure to be part of this community, and I look forward to being a member.

JBottz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: JBottz

Postby JBottz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:16 am

Jason (CMDR JBottz) checking in. Glad to have found a community of like-minded players.
The community here looks to be second to none and I'm looking forward to the experience!
Hope to meet people in-game soon!

embryo74
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: embryo74

Postby embryo74 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello :)

My name is Gabriele, from Italy.
43 years old, I played the first Elite when I was a child.
Now I'm CMDR EMBRYO74... almost casual gamer, but I like to relax myself in the Elite Universe!

See you soon!!!

Valaryc

Postby Valaryc » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello, everyone.
Valaryc in the forums, Valaryc in-game (Xbox One).
Medically retired, disabled army veteran, living on the east coast of the US.
Like many others, I prefer to play WITH others, rather than AGAINST them. Especially involuntarily. *ahem*
If I can be of any assistance to anyone, please do let me know.

Cmdr Valaryc, out... Q7

Baylin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Baylin Starunner

Postby Baylin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Hello,

Commander Baylin Starunner reporting in. I've been playing Elite: Dangerous for just over a week. I play on PC with a Vive, a Thrustmater Warthog setup.
I'd like to hook up with other North American players to learn about this massive galaxy's ins and outs. Here are my details.

Thank you,
Baylin Starunner
Commander

Return to “Introductions”