Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Mrspudulike
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mrspudulike
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Mrspudulike » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi there

Mrspudulike signing in! Been playing since December, and am currently on last 5,000 LY to Sag A!

Loving this update from the original!!

P4le Force
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: P4le Force

Postby P4le Force » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:18 am

Hello, Commander P4le Force here! I enjoy the Open as well, but playing Elite can be really immersive and thus enjoyable experience and there are some players out there in the big black who look to just mess with the experience of other players. So seems like Mobius helps with those elements greatly : )

PhatGamerMan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: PhatGamerMan

Postby PhatGamerMan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello,CMDR PhatGamerMan here;freshly joined;I chose PVE because I just want to experience what the galaxy has to offer while being able to play with people and not have to worry about anyone bothering me,and so the mobius group appealed to me straight away,have fun and O7.
CMDR PhatGamerMan out. O7 8-)

BlitzVonHinten
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Blitzhardt
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby BlitzVonHinten » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:40 pm

Hello,

CMDR name is same as username.

I picked up Elite: Dangerous because I was deeply impressed by the scale of the game and the variety of experiences available therein. I learned about Mobius via Obsidian Ant's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiq6F ... -wqMuRijgA). I joined because I wanted to have a more cooperation oriented experience in Elite. I find great satisfaction in working as a part of a team to complete a particular goal, and I felt that a PVE group would be a likely place to find like-minded people. I am looking forward to getting to know you all! See you out there in the Milky Way!

Regards,

Blitz

Sooner613
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sooner613

Postby Sooner613 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 am

Hey all,

CMDR Sooner613. Been playing ED for ~1 month and am a little addicted. :-) Joined PVE as I am looking to interact with other "human" pilots without getting destroyed constantly. Looking forward to seeing you in the bubble! o7

Skiddy LaRue
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Skiddy LaRue

Postby Skiddy LaRue » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 am

Hello Commanders,

CMDR Skiddy LaRue, here. 42 year old gamer from New York. I just started playing ED on Xbox last month and I'm hooked. Looking to interact with other players - wing up, work with a crew, trade, explore, bounty/xeno hunting, whatever you guys are up to... I'm friendly and looking forward to immersing myself in this game with all of you. See you in the black. Go ahead and add me.
Last edited by Skiddy LaRue on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grapefruity
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Grapefruity

Postby Grapefruity » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:07 am

Hello! CMDR Grapefruity here, me and around 6 friends used to exclusively play Private groups to avoid griefers etc. Once we heard of this group it sounded like a dream come true!

Syrez
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Syrez

Postby Syrez » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:09 pm

Hiya, I go by Cmdr Syrez in-game but usually I just tell people to call me by my real name: Lee. Feel free to chuck your best Bruce Lee joke/reference my way, I've heard every possible variation so I mostly smile and acknowledge each time it happens. If someone comes up with a unique one, I might even laugh :)

As for my stories of being victimized in Open Play in Elite: Dangerous, I'm a fairly boring individual in that I don't actually have even a single story to tell. I'm grateful for that, however, as the stories you constantly read about on the Interwebs kind of make people like myself a rarity, I suppose.
With 605 hours currently logged for my played time in Elite: Dangerous on Steam, and potentially a few hundred hours in addition to that prior to adding my Steam login to my Frontier account, I consider myself lucky for not having anything to contribute to the cosmic campfire tales.

My worst encounter in Open Play was simply a normal gameplay experience, and the term 'worst' probably isn't the right word to use. Scariest, perhaps? At least it was for me, personally.
I was flying my Type-7, trading rare goods along a route I found on Reddit. I decided to do this in Open Play purely for the extra fun factor of possibly being targeted by a player pirate, and it gives player pirates a chance at pillaging some decent-ish loot. Anyway, I took precautions and altered the route I found on Reddit to a more personal path which would have helped me avoid every man and his dog who would happen upon the same Reddit thread.
Despite my careful planning, a player pirate found me in a lawless system and proceeded to hold my cargo hold hostage. As any typical novice trader does, I attempted to flee in my Type-7 with an Asp Scout hot on my intakes firing projectile weapons and missiles at my near-defenseless transport. I had mines at my disposal, but with no experience with using mines and only preliminary research on their usage beforehand, my attempts at defending my few tonnes of Latvian Brandy proved to be quite fruitless.
I lost roughly a third of my cargo and my hull had been damaged to ~20% integrity, so the return I got from that route didn't even cover my total expenses for repairs and investments in the equipment upgrades I bought for my ship before setting off that day.

I'm Cmdr Syrez, and this has been my Open Play story. It may not be a plausible reason to dislike playing in game modes where PvP is a risk, but the fact that I prefer cooperative gameplay and safe(r) player environments might.

Ok, so on a more serious note regarding my intentions and expectations for joining the ElitePvE Mobius Eurasia group, I enjoy random encounters with fellow commanders, and I relish the idea and possibility that 99.99% of such encounters will not begin and/or end in a firefight with them.
Whether I'm trading goods from thriving high-tech systems to struggling agricultural regions, or defending a popular mining area from NPC outlaws, I want to be able to see a hollow rectangle on my radar without switching all my focus to it.

nonja121
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: nonja121

Postby nonja121 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:19 am

Hey! CMDR Nonja121 here. Been playing ED on and off for the past couple of years, mostly on Solo since I play ED in a more relaxed manner (lots of courier/shipping runs, missioning, stints of RES hunting) and I don't enjoy getting griefed by super-engineered ships. Have heard of Mobius on the subreddit for a little while now and figured it was time I gave it a shot. Really looking forward to engaging in some jolly cooperation! \[T]/

Zigurate
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ZIGRAT

Postby Zigurate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:10 am

Hello, CMDR Zigrat here, started playing last month, still hooked doing CGs and learning about the Elite galaxy.

Return to “Introductions”