Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Axeman3d
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Axeman3d
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Axeman3d » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Commander Axeman3d here. I live in the centre of Scotland and am about to turn 50, if that's at all conceivable. I played Elite to death back on the Commodore 64 in the late 1900's and the various versions since then. I spent most of my time in Elite Dangerous going exploring once I'd made enough money to buy an Asp as there were waaaaayyy too many asshole kids just out to cause bother. After being blown up by a griefer inside a space station for the umpteenth time I stopped playing. I've come back now in the hope that joining this group will make the game bearable again. Here's hoping...

voidbeast
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jakkyl Mal
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby voidbeast » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:02 am

Hullo! CMDR Jakkyl, reporting. I was actually in the older Mobius PvE group, but I don't think I ever introduced myself nor did I really play the game much at that time anyway due to the.. um.. technical limitations of my internet provider. But, that has since been rectified, and I am back in the black, and really enjoying it this time around!

I really think this group is a wonderful idea because I used to play EVE Online back in the day (in Beta, even! I know, right?!) but the more popular that game became, I found myself having less and less fun overall. Where once I would have found it a relaxing experience to sit mining in a belt with the occasional NPC rat for target practice, it instead became an exercise of increasing anxiety culminating in shocked disbelief and agonizing frustration as I would find myself getting blown to smithereens in areas closer and closer to civilized (which I used to consider synonymous with 'safe') space. It just isn't fun.

I get why those players play that way, I do. I even tried my hand at it for a while, and I'll admit, it is quite a rush to ruin someone else's day/week/month in an instant just for kicks. But it just ain't me.. I don't want to be a dick to anyone else, and it is nice to know that in Elite Dangerous, I am not alone in that regard, so this group is obviously the right choice for me. :)

I am not normally very social, even in online games like this, but having a community of what appear to be very friendly and helpful like-minded individuals goes a long way toward making me feel more comfortable with encountering others in-game, though I will probably still be instinctively apprehensive at first, until I get over all the lingering EVE PTSD. I think you all know what I mean. =)

Anyway, I really respect and appreciate everyone who decided to come together and form this group in the first place, such a wonderful idea. You've made it possible for people like me to play this game without having to choose between playing alone or playing afraid. You have my deepest gratitude, certainly.

Alright, that's a pretty verbose introduction, so hopefully I will meet some of you all out in the dark! Fly safe, everyone.

Petrosa
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Petrosa

Postby Petrosa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:10 am

"...lo - ca. ... hear m.?" static.. buzz-POP! "Sa. ag..n, Hello - can you hear me?"

"Oh good! This is Commander Petrosa. I am recent of the Wyrd system where I witnessed some planetary testing of a new mid-size ship with four engine pods!
I watched as the pilots tested the liftoff and landing characteristics of the ship. Just liftoff then land then liftoff then land.. whew! I wanted to yell, "Yep, she can take off and land alright!" but as they seemed to want some privacy I left them to it.
I tapped the thrusters to my Clipper, flipped around and boosted away from the surface. Pretty ship, the Clipper, paper thin armor, but then if it was thicker she wouldn't look so lovely when she danced.
As I reached the apogee I jumped to supercruise and pulled further away from the planet below. Targeting the station I began to weave my way back across the busy system. A flash passed close by and I noticed a ship on my sensors moving across my path to the rear. "Not looking for trouble here, good neighbor," I whispered under my breath.
A quick check noted the name, Commander Pvp. Yeah, I had met him before. Sometimes he would message me with the proverbial gauntlet and someti..
_INTERDICTION_
I submit, point my nose towards him, an Anaconda, and boost, all power to shields and engines. Now the Clipper is a fast ship for her size and my thrusters are B rated, so I should be able to outrun an Anaconda. BOOM! My shields are gone in a storm of plasma acceleration. "Nice to see you too, Pvvvpt!" I yell into the black, changing the dolt's name to a loud offensive raspberry. "No problem, no problem, come on baby Jump!" A lovely lady's voice tells me to align with target. I switch to nav and quickly unlock the Station. BOOM! Then accidentally lock it again. BOOM! Then, finally unlocked.. Now she tells me my FSD drive is not operational. BOOM! "OK then." Sigh. "Um, computer please inform Gina that I will be late home with the pizza." As I watch the canopy break away and see CMDR Raspberry-head slowly park his ship directly above my cabin, I give him The Salute, watch his cannons charge and think, "Gee I wonder if there is a way I could have avoided CMDR Pvp? A place where someone wouldn't ruin ANOTHER pilot's day?" Then I thought, "I've still got that library book!" BOOM!

Hello, Petrosa here, Ohio, U.S.
I love ED and have been playing games since I had a TI-99 4/A. Then I got the C64 and away I went. As you can see I like to write and I like to roleplay, which I often do to keep Elite fresh. I have a strange sense of humor and slight turn of mind that I think makes the world a very interesting place to be. I hope you enjoyed my little story, and while not an actual event it definitely is in keeping with many different PVP encounters I have had. A 'gauntlet' thrown down in the form of a message is fully acceptable if that is what you are into, but a cheap kill, in any of it's many forms, is a disappointment for those players who are not into that. Excited to Join Mobius. So, greetings to all, I hope I can meet you in the Black.
p.s. Kudos to those who recognized my homage to Red Dwarf at the end of my little story. <softly singing as I walk AFK> "It's cold outside. There's no kind of atmosphere.."
Singing softly as I walk away.. "It's cold outside. There's no kind of atmosphere. All alone, more or less.."

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:53 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, new commanders.

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

jbartoli
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RED_RAYVIN

Postby jbartoli » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Hello, my name is in game is Red_Rayvin. I'm new to the game and have only been playing for about a month. I'm enjoying the game enormously. I'm disabled so I have way too much time on my hands and this game certainly helps alleviate the boredom. I enjoy helping people on missions and appreciate any help I get from others. I prefer group PVE play to PVP or Open play. I usually take part in CG missions and I'd certainly be up for any group related play. I like Combat/Trading/Exploring equally but I'm not that interested in CQC.

I included a CMDR RED_RAYVIN topic in the introduction section with more details on my play style and opinion of the game (which is that it's great).

I look forward to playing with this group.
CMDR RED_RAYVIN

Manewrath
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Manewrath

Postby Manewrath » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Hello all, im 40-yo man from Finland. I played original Elite with amiga at time and been playing this great game for a few months now at PS4. Open calls me but i dont want to lose my ship to gankers (dont fancy T-10 rebuy when im saving for Corvette), so Mobius seems like a good idea to me. I hope that this game and community strives for years to come.

Fly safe CMDRS 8-)

Dnaaz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dnaaz

CMDR DNAAZ

Postby Dnaaz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 am

Played Elite as a kid on my BBC, which got me started in programming, which I did for 15 years before becoming a IT teacher. Now I'm living in Cambodia, teaching programming to the next generation and looking forward to the games they make for me to play when I retire. If a cement truck doesn't take me out first - the traffic here is as scary as the people are delightful. Great country, terrible internet, so if I disappear unexpectedly, I apologise in advance.

PVE? I guess I'm more a helper than a hinderer!

Zeus Faber
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zeus Faber

Postby Zeus Faber » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi folks and thanks for the add! I got a bit bored in a mmo never seeing a soul so here I am. Feel free to say "hi" if you see me.

adonai666
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: adonai666

Postby adonai666 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi guys,

CDR adonai666 here!

Im 37 and live in Brazil. I recently picked up ED from a steam sale and love it. Tho its a tough game alone and i would love to play it the "friends/non-retards". I usually only play Offline mode so far.

To be honest, i like PvP/competitive games (Ultima Online, TF2, LoL, WoW, EvE Online) if the game "supports" it and is balanaced, griefing is an absolute no go. After a long day working and dealing with family and kids i would love to enjoy some chillout mining or whatever, im only like 10hours in so im up for everything.

If you wanna group with me just send me PM / add me ingame,

Looking forward to fly with you guys!,

Regards,
Ingo

CMDRthaddeus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Thaddeus Poonany

Postby CMDRthaddeus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:22 am

Hello fellow CMDRs,

CMDR Thaddeus Poonany here, and I simply wanted to introduce myself.

Currently in standby, waiting for acceptance into the Mobius PVE (Americas) group.

I've been getting incredibly bored with Solo play and PvP has never really enticed me in any MMO. Looking forward to the opportunity to play with those of you who are active in the group!

Return to “Introductions”