Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Roober the Stroober
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Roober the Stroober
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Roober the Stroober » Mon May 07, 2018 12:55 am

o7 Commanders,

I was recently rescued by a passing expedition from a collision between my ship and a small moon (oops). They treated my wounds, got me to the nearest medical facility where they patched me up in short order. Everything except for my memories that is. Everything about who I am and where I am from is a complete mystery. If it wasn't for an optical data chip they found on me, I might not have even known my name.

The commander of the expedition gave me a ride back to the moon where I crashed however, by the time we got there a Federation security group had moved my craft to a guarded facility. According to Commander P's sources inside the military, the ship is supposedly of "unknown origin." They even told him that some technician accidentally activated the weapons system and melted about 3 meters off the front of some admiral's Corvette before they could shut it down. That's weird because I seem to remember that it is a transport, not a fighting ship.

Needless to say the Feds are quietly looking for me - I guess they want answers that I can't give them. Another member of the expedition mentioned the Order of Mobius and their various influences in the Mobia system, and how they could maybe help me out.

So, the expedition crew scraped together a few credits and found me an old Sidewinder to knock around in until I can bank some creds and get there. Bounty hunting is working out fairly well so far, and I've been able to upgrade to a decent little Cobra III, but I have to stay on the move and try not to attract too much attention while I make my way to Mobia. Maybe, once I'm out of Federation space, I can start looking for answers.

Hopefully I'll meet up with some of you on my journey. I'd be glad to wing up. Until then, fly safe Commanders!
Roober the Stroober | Commanding Officer | 03-ASX "Pilgrim-5"

ad3adman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mickey Death

Postby ad3adman » Mon May 07, 2018 7:52 pm

Helloooo..

Cmdr Mickey Death here. don't worry about the name, i'm harmless. just an old pseudonym from the C64 days back when i was 14, i'm 48 now.

I've played solo for several months doing cargo runs and some exploring in my keelback. that ship gets a lot of flak, but i really like it.

i play with a hotas and Oculus. I really fell in love with ED since i was struggling to find a VR game that was more than a demo that i could really sink my teeth into. ED filled that niche nicely.

i try to get a few hours of play in every night and recently i have had the urge to do some combat and there has been so many horror stories on open play that i decided to not even waste my time, so here i am.

hope to meet some of you soon. fly safe

Il Kerins
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Il_Kerins
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Il Kerins » Tue May 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Hello folks,

here Simone from Italy, i'm 29 yers old and in game i'm CMDR Il_Kerins.
I'm PvE oriented and looking for a solid and fun comunity.
I play ED:H on PS4, no HOTAS :(

o7 commanders.

Vanghard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vanghard

Postby Vanghard » Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 pm

Hello,
I'm Vanghard
CMDR Vanghard

I'm a full noob on Elite, And after been feed with the jungle PVP (scam, war, trahison) on EvE , i prefer going full PVE on Elite,
Hope I don't bump on you on Space, (if needed i will pay you damage -_- sorry...)

Narcal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Narcal

CMDR Narcal

Postby Narcal » Tue May 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Hello everybody!
CMDR Narcal here. I'm just back from a 50k ly trip to the center of the Galaxy and back on my ASPX, and this made me feel a bit lonely in this immense universe, so I passed by to check for other life forms :)

IRL Name is Roberto. I'm from Italy and I'm 36yo.
I've been playing ED for a couple years now, a mix of bounty hunting and trading mainly, but the urge to discover the universe knocked strong last month so I embarked in this long trip to Sag A* in my Asp Explorer. Was a looooong and lonely trip, but plenty of nice views on the way (which I'll post somewhere on FB maybe).
My little fleet can count on:
"The Voyager" my Asp Explorer, fitted for long trips around
"Devourer", my Fer-de-Lance, fitted for bounty hunting
"TNT Traco" a Type 9 Heavy for heavy haulage
and "Falling Stone" my little Type 6 transporter fitted for mining.

I play ED on PC.

Cmdr Blackleaf
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Blackleaf

Postby Cmdr Blackleaf » Wed May 09, 2018 5:59 pm

CMDR Blackleaf.

I used to play Elite back in '85-86 on a C64 with a cassette tape drive!

I don't think I ever got above the rank of "Competent", however.

These days I play on PC with an xbox controller using the mapping described by "DaveKap" on youtube. This seems to be a pretty powerful and intuitive keymapping system, although I wish it included some hor/vert thrusters mapped onto the basic set-up. (also the weird "ship pitching down" while using the free look mode is really annoying at times...)

I'll be starting out exploring to make some early game cash. After that I'll be doing more heavy trading and/or passenger missions. All the while I'll be training for combat until I'm competent enough to do some serious bounty hunting.

I'm certainly open to joining wings, factions, conspiracies... etc.

Looking forward to exploring the galaxy in Mobius. Feel free to say hi if you see me around the galaxy!

Alpha_M
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alphito3
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Alpha_M » Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi everyone.

My name's Alpha and my CMDR name is Alphito3, I'm from Canada. I've been playing playing elite for a few weeks now and since I only do pve solo, I was hoping to find a group of people who are similar and Reddit pointed me in this direction. I play on ps4 so if anyone will have me, I'll greatly appreciate it.

With regards
CMDR Alphito3

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed May 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, new commanders! :D

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Slim 1833
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Slim 1833
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby Slim 1833 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:46 pm

I play on Xbox with the tag of Slim 1833 and have been playing elite for about a month. I really enjoy the game but have been playing on a private server because I was ganked a few times and didn't have a chance with beginner ships. This is why I'm interested in Mobius. A friend of mine told me about the community so I submitted a request... 4 days ago.

I do not know if my request was rejected or what. I followed all the requirements but haven't heard anything back as of yet. I submitted another last night to see if that would help.

I'd like to play with others, but don't want to be watching my back all the time because somebody wants to be an a__.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Slim 1833 wrote:I play on Xbox with the tag of Slim 1833 and have been playing elite for about a month. I really enjoy the game but have been playing on a private server because I was ganked a few times and didn't have a chance with beginner ships. This is why I'm interested in Mobius. A friend of mine told me about the community so I submitted a request... 4 days ago.

I do not know if my request was rejected or what. I followed all the requirements but haven't heard anything back as of yet. I submitted another last night to see if that would help.

I'd like to play with others, but don't want to be watching my back all the time because somebody wants to be an a__.

If you're sure that you followed all the steps correctly on our Join page, then post a message in this thread with details of what steps you performed to join the group and PG admin will help you shortly.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Introductions”