Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
TuNeCedeMalis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TuNeCedeMalis
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby TuNeCedeMalis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:15 pm

This game has been sweeping me away. A PVE option is wonderful! However, I haven't been accepted in game yet. I filled out the application on this site yesterday and requested access in game last night. I'm hoping this evening, I'll see the group available to join.

That being said, I'm very disappointed that you guys appear to be on the side of the Empire. Whyyyy?! :lol:

iedutu
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: iedutu

Postby iedutu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:43 pm

New player here. REALLY new player - last time I played Elite was on my Spectrum computer XX years ago ...
Do not really appreciate fighting, hence I'm here.

Thank you everyone!

jolson88
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: jolson88

Postby jolson88 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 pm

Hello! Cmdr jolson88 reporting for duty! I'm looking forward to playing Elite: Dangerous with some other folks :). Just started playing this on Xbox One and have gotten so hooked. Only 20 hours in so far, but it feels like only 2 and all in a single week :O. Currently, I'm just trying to experience everything the game has to offer and wonder around the galaxy doing all sorts of beginner stuff.

Got the Xbox friend invite, friends now with Mobius, and applying in-game to join Mobius group to be able to play with others. I can't wait to see other Cmdrs flying around and doing stuff :).

I'm from the Seattle, WA area IRL and have two kids, so gaming time is usually after my kids' bed time, PST.

skeanthu
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Skeanthu

Postby skeanthu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Hello, Skeanthu joining up for PVE, see ya online.

BLADE_RRR
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby BLADE_RRR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:36 am

Hi all I'm BLADE_RRR I have been playing elite since 2014 but only really done solo but interested in some multiplay without the PvP hassle of being attacked,I like doing most things in the game(grind excluded but who does) but lately ive mainly been doing combat related stuff .I have just submitted my applcation so can not join in just yet, but i would also like to ask if when im in the private group do i need to do friend requests to everybody to see online status of everybody who is in the group because I have tried to join other groups recently and everybody is showing offline for some reason

Lukos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lukos_Aion

Postby Lukos » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:28 am

o7 Fellow CMDRs

CMDR Lukos_Aion,

Merchant by trade, Fuel Rat in my off-time. Need help, just ask. Elsewise I'm probably just hauling.

GhostPickle
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GhostPickle

Postby GhostPickle » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:22 am

I played the heck out of Elite back in 1984. Certainly top ten game of all time.

When I heard about E:D I was prepared to be disappointed in the same way Star Wars Episode I had. But nothing of the sort. This is the game that fulfills its legacy. I'm constantly in awe of all the new and different things to do and see.

For the last month I've been a FuelRat -- saved a couple Russians from a cold death. One even had me stretch outside the Bubble for the first time. Two hours of jumps, just to drop off some limpets of fuel for a stranger. Then two hours of jumps back home. Great group, those folks.

My PvP experience is probably what brings lots of people to this group: I don't particularly enjoy the psychopaths with their engineered for death ships. I've had some good PvP experience, where a pirate gave me a choice and one where he let me make up some roleplay sob-story about the wife and kids needing this biowaste to live on [I was carrying gold, and convinced him his scanner was fritzing]. But mostly it's just been either hassling me, or killing me while I'm parked on a planet.

Anyway, I really enjoy E:D. Haven't found it to be a grind. Engineers are my favorite part. Unlocking them, or visiting them all with fresh ship. I think FDev has done a spectacular job, and thankful they gave the option of SOLO. But I'm a bit tired of a lonely universe.

Looking forward to joining you folks out there.

Cicinhan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cicinhan

Postby Cicinhan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:05 am

Hello fellow Commanders,

I am Cicinhan, student of mechanical engineering from Croatia. I am in love with scale and amount of detail in this game. Not to mention realistic orbits of planets and celestial bodies. I must say it is easy to get lost in time and space in this game. Thank you for having me. 8-)

feriegyhegy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Feriegyhegy

Postby feriegyhegy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Hellü

CMDR Feriegyhegy in game

I'm living under a rock in Hungary/Austria with my loved ones (PC and ...?.something)
working as a maintenance guy in Austria and i'm nearly forty

...playing only a few months ago and i started loosing friends :D
I started playing OPEN but its really laggy and after 5 minutes some cmdr shooted me down with a viper....(what are the canches?why me?is this GTAonline?)

playing in private with a few friends is nice but the universe needs more life so Mobius is a friend in need
I love doing stuff in this game : driving-jumping-shooting-messaround-deliveringstufftoplaces etc

Kration
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kration
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Kration » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi,

CMDR Kration reporting in.

I played Elite on the C64 and Frontier on the Amiga. Space Rogue as well. I'm also a kickstarter backer for Elite Dangerous.

I was active in JumpGate (and MechWarrior) as part of United Kingdom Mercenaries UKM.

I'm currently in Colonia with an unengineered DBX (for exploring), Viper IV (for combat, which I'm rubbish at) and an Asp Explorer (for mining and everything else). Basically, I'm an Explorer and Miner at heart.

Looking forward to seeing what Colonia has to offer, before I head back into the bubble, at some point, for Engineers.

Return to “Introductions”