Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Zarkon
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zarkon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Zarkon » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi everyone. I played Elite back in 84, and FE2 in 93. I've always loved open-world games and have been playing FPS since the first Doom came out. The Elder Scrolls have been my favorite 'recent' games as they combined FPS with open-world, though the ESO did not hold any appeal for me. I am excited as hell for the EVA expansion for ED to be released some day. I enjoy playing online with other people, but am no longer into the endless PvP titles that have flooded the gaming market over the past decade or two, so this PvE-only group is perfect for me. Thanks a million to Mobius for setting it up and accepting me into the fold. And also a big thank you to GlobusDiablo for setting up this forum!

I don't use TeamSpeak, and that is probably a blessing for all the rest of you, as I have a terrible singing voice. I hope to see you all out there in the Cosmos soon. Until then, Right On Commanders!
o7

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:52 pm

Zarkon wrote:Hi everyone. I played Elite back in 84, and FE2 in 93. I've always loved open-world games and have been playing FPS since the first Doom came out. The Elder Scrolls have been my favorite 'recent' games as they combined FPS with open-world, though the ESO did not hold any appeal for me. I am excited as hell for the EVA expansion for ED to be released some day. I enjoy playing online with other people, but am no longer into the endless PvP titles that have flooded the gaming market over the past decade or two, so this PvE-only group is perfect for me. Thanks a million to Mobius for setting it up and accepting me into the fold. And also a big thank you to GlobusDiablo for setting up this forum!

I don't use TeamSpeak, and that is probably a blessing for all the rest of you, as I have a terrible singing voice. I hope to see you all out there in the Cosmos soon. Until then, Right On Commanders!
o7

Woah friend, I have nothing to do with the making of this forum!

I'm just pushing/advertising pretty hard. :)

I hope I haven't written anything anywhere that suggests that I have a hand in this excellent project...

As far as I understand, the primary forces behind this is Mobius and Wolf, with others chipping in (Psykokow), but I have no certain knowledge of this.

Nevertheless, welcome aboard Commander! Hope to meet you all someday. :)

Fly safe.

Zarkon
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zarkon

Postby Zarkon » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:17 pm

Sorry, my mistake (you will find I make many of them). A big THANK YOU then to everyone who did set up this forum.
Cheers!

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:51 am

thanks for joining the pve community.

Guy DudeBroMan
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Guy DudeBroMan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Konnbanwa,
Guy DudeBroMan on the forum and on XBox Live, Commander Jason Denton in-game. Thirty-and-a-half and am in school studying to be a physicist. I'm a roleplayer by trade, so 'common' PvP holds no interest for me without a solid RP foundation at the same time. Going PvE-only is a small price to pay for the elimination of griefers, sociopaths, poor sports, and teenagers.

TSS117
Harmless
Harmless

Postby TSS117 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Hey all,
As I said I just got into Elite.... and all I can say is its my kinda of game, one that Ive been searching for all my life...
in all seriousness, im a paramedic college student, so Ill be busy a lot...but I usually get on late and play everynight if I can. So Im looking forward to meeting, playing, and learning this game with all of you!

Cheers

Christian

Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shelleen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:21 am

Welcome to all new Commanders, it's good to have you on board.

It doesn't matter what your game style is there is something for everyone here. The only thing not tolerated is griefing, ganking and PK'ing for the lulz.

We all (I suspect) want to play this game to the best of our abilities without the constant threat of being taken out by those who are in it for the kill of human players only. It doesn't make the game 'exciting', for me at least, but rather spoils what should be an entertaining hour or three flying around the Elite galaxy.

In game do what you want, play the way you want (with the caveat above) and be assured that no-one will shoot the crap out of you just because they can

We're all here for the glorious ride in the Elite universe.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:12 am

Welcome aboard, Commanders! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Cmdr A von Uberwald
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Angua von Überwald

Postby Cmdr A von Uberwald » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Hello fellow commanders I am a trader from back in 84, though to claim to have been anything is a bit of an exaggeration, I was useless. New to computer gaming now but picking it up. I saw the group awhile ago but didn't know what teamspeak was and had never heard of it, so moved on, there was so much to read and learn and anything like that was scary. I could at last afford to come aboard, as in I could afford the backing but couldn't afford a rig! Saved up and at last started playing in May for last few weeks of SB. (I have since found out about teamspeak)

I was content in open, I thought I'd give it a fair go, I've practised very long and hard and can look after myself, but to give, as an example, a Viper attack me in the FDS fair enough, but when I get the better of him he disconnects, then re enters and tries to sneak up on me. He did this 5 times, he never came back for a sixth as I had done so much damage to him by this time. I have been unexpectedly attacked on several occasions when not in the FDS, I turn, I fight, start to win and then again just disconnect. I don't mind PvP within the game but this kind of behaviour is irritating, there style of play is unpalatable to some, I can put up with it, but if they just keep disconnecting when a lesser ship can beat there cannoned up Viper (yes, it is always a Viper). I, fortunately, have not experienced some of the issues other commanders have experienced, that has drawn them to this group, but as things ramp up I can only see these types of players increasing. I don't want to have to put up with this irritation. Should have just come here first really. At your service fellow commanders.

Cmdr Angua von Uberwald

@Cmdr_Uberwald for up to date live space tweets.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Cmdr A von Uberwald wrote:Hello fellow commanders I am a trader from back in 84, though to claim to have been anything is a bit of an exaggeration, I was useless. New to computer gaming now but picking it up. I saw the group awhile ago but didn't know what teamspeak was and had never heard of it, so moved on, there was so much to read and learn and anything like that was scary. I could at last afford to come aboard, as in I could afford the backing but couldn't afford a rig! Saved up and at last started playing in May for last few weeks of SB. (I have since found out about teamspeak)

I was content in open, I thought I'd give it a fair go, I've practised very long and hard and can look after myself, but to give, as an example, a Viper attack me in the FDS fair enough, but when I get the better of him he disconnects, then re enters and tries to sneak up on me. He did this 5 times, he never came back for a sixth as I had done so much damage to him by this time. I have been unexpectedly attacked on several occasions when not in the FDS, I turn, I fight, start to win and then again just disconnect. I don't mind PvP within the game but this kind of behaviour is irritating, there style of play is unpalatable to some, I can put up with it, but if they just keep disconnecting when a lesser ship can beat there cannoned up Viper (yes, it is always a Viper). I, fortunately, have not experienced some of the issues other commanders have experienced, that has drawn them to this group, but as things ramp up I can only see these types of players increasing. I don't want to have to put up with this irritation. Should have just come here first really. At your service fellow commanders.

Cmdr Angua von Uberwald

@Cmdr_Uberwald for up to date live space tweets.

Welcome aboard Commander. :)

You don't have to use TS to be part of this group. It's an option. I don't use it. I text my comrades when needed.:)

Fly safe.

Return to “Introductions”