Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Pam Demonium » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Mobius wrote:Welcome Fellow Commanders to your own PvE forum.

To help everyone get to know each other please introduce yourself,
tell us why have you chosen PvE over PvP?

Been flying sims since the early 90s online, and BBS before that.
The first two sims I flew in (Planetary Raiders (Jumpgate is what it was called after beta) and WWII fighter sims (Warbirds from .75 ver, Air Warrior, and Aces High).

ALL of these were 100% PvP, it was you and your machine against hordes of enemies. After several decades of this, I got burned out.
PvP isnt what it used to be. There was honor, Ive not seen this since then. The younger the pilots, the less honorable pilots they are.

One of the many dishonorable things pilots do is called "vulching". Gunning down a pilot where they are taking off, or landing. What these NPCs in ED do every time you try to land. The same way Chuck Yeager got famous for gunning down the first jet plane shot down in combat.
He took it out while it was landing. Interdictions make it possible to get out of this, something they didnt have before EvE.

I spent over 10 years in EvE. Got vulched once, his battleship, and my shuttle. One shot, 3600 points of damage on a 150 point ship.
Then I went steath, and no one ever saw me again. I hunted big ships with my 350 point Manticore. Killing battleships at 235km away.
But then EvE nerfed my ship, turned it into a suicide bomber, so here I am.

Most of the new style PvP has to do with how rich you are, what potions or gear you have. No more skill based PvP.
PvP has become uncivilized. its all about the KILLBOARD, not honor and duty. No thanks

RUM PUNCH
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RUM PUNCH

Postby RUM PUNCH » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Hello
CMDR RUM PUNCH here played the original Elite now playing ED fairly new to the game working on getting python then annaconda. Looking to have fun and blow stuff up. 60+ year old male SW Florida retired looking forward to seeing you folks in game
;)

Kenny
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hardshell220

Postby Kenny » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:05 pm

I would like to play with friendly CMDRS. I mostly do my own thing in solo. Been shot to pieces once in open in Maia a long time ago and didn't like it.I couldn't escape the orbital.o7MDRS

aDigitalPhantom
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DigitalNikki
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby aDigitalPhantom » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 pm

I'm Nikki. I would like to play with friendly people. I don't care for PvP, and prefer PvE. Not sure what I like in game yet.

JPRise
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: JPRise

Postby JPRise » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:34 am

In HIP 4720 if you need help. Have Mic if you want voice chat. Looking forward to meeting more CMDRs and joining a wing. Thanks!

Rustblood
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Rustblood » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:02 pm

Greetings commanders.

Another player reporting in, searching for a friendly environment to meet other players without being interdicted and blown to pieces for no reason.

I have been playing on and off to Elite for a few years, first in open, then in solo after too many bad experiences in open, but the lack of interaction with other human beings was quite jarring.

Since I decided to use all my credits to finally deck out a Diamondback Explorer and get far away from the Bubble, I figured that joining that server that I have heard of a few times to make the experience more interesting was what I had to do, and so here I am.

Hoping to meet some of you in the void. o7

Parasox
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Parasox

Postby Parasox » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:52 am

Hello Everyone, Just registered and request group invite, I've been playing Elite Dangerous since launch with a break of about a year until last week. A friend of mine recommend I join up as I only play in private group.

Boogeh
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TomYum

Postby Boogeh » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:55 am

Hey CMDRS

TomYum here old school Elite player currently floating around in an Asp trying to not to crash into stars. Hope to meet some of you out in the vast galaxy.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:05 am

Parasox wrote:Hello Everyone, Just registered and request group invite, I've been playing Elite Dangerous since launch with a break of about a year until last week. A friend of mine recommend I join up as I only play in private group.

to join us in game you'll need to fill out a quick membership form and send a join request or friend request (depending on the platform) full details and a link to the form can be found on our join page here: page/join
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

devilbymoonlight
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DevilByMoonlight
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby devilbymoonlight » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:09 am

Hi All, Cmdr DevilByMoonlight signing in :) I've been playing ED for a while now, and am glad that Mobius is such a griefer free place to enjoy the game, before they softened the npc's a bit too much it used to be dangerous enough without the griefing... fly safe cmdr's & see you in the black

Return to “Introductions”