Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Ian13
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Scotty57
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Ian13 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:49 am

Hi My Name is Ian13 on the forum my Cmdr name is Scotty57. I am 60 years old retired. I am an expat now living in Cocoa, Fl. Originally from West Yorkhire, U.K.
I chose PVE mainly due to the fact I was advised by a member who is going to give me a few lessons. Forgot to mention I am very new to the game despite owning it for several months. I have just set up the A.S.T.R.A. voice pack and my Logitech 3D joystick.
My reason for starting was ignited when visiting my Son in the UK . He had got a V.R. headset for his PS4. He gave me a demo which included something very similar to E.D. It blew me away. So in the next few months I aim to learn who to fly. Get me a hotas andf save up for VR.

xRedViperx
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: xRedViperx

Postby xRedViperx » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:53 am

Hello Commanders,

I have been playing Elite Dangerous for about almost 2 months on the Xbox One. I joined the Mobius Xbox community. After my Xbox died after a mandatory update I was disconnected from the community. I just picked up the PC version of the game through the holiday sale and am restarting my career on the PC. Fun times ahead. I love the PVE atmosphere much better then the PVP aspects.

Thank you,
xRedViperx
RedViper (Xbox One)

The_Vat
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nathaniel York

Postby The_Vat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:32 am

G'day - forum name is The_Vat, Cmdr name is Nathaniel York (one for the Ray Bradbury fans), late 40's tech in the power industry in Brisbane, Australia. I was unaware of the PvE and PvP thing, so, whatever! Remember playing this game many many years ago, and the whole "galaxy as a sandbox" intrigued me. I do suck at spacesims, though, so I got that going for me. Working through the tutorials at the moment.

scythescythe
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: scythescythe

Postby scythescythe » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:36 am

Hi all,
CMDR scythescythe here. Just recently started playing Elite:Dangerous Horizons (~24hrs under my belt from this post). Been lightly following it since pre-Horizon days but only just recently invested more time into this game.
I'm not a competitive person when it comes to games and thus an exclusively PvE environment has a major sense of appeal for me. Let's get the ball rolling, the grind going and the good times flowing.

Diplom4tt
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DiploM4tt

Postby Diplom4tt » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:34 am

Hello Mobius,

My pilot's name is Diplom4tt. I prefer to PvE rather than PvP in large sandbox-y games because my experience with open world multiplayer is that PvE communities tend to build each other up while PvP communities are more about breaking each other down. I experience enough childish robber baron behavior in the real world to want to introduce it into my hobbies....

Zafferg
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zafferg

Postby Zafferg » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:19 am

Good morning Commanders

CMDR Zafferg here, new back to the game after a 2 year or so break - got burned out first time around and left my account with a t7 and 30mil having got utterly sick of trade gridning

Back for about a month and now in an a-rated conda that I'm building up (got my g5 dirty drives is the main thing) and currently grinding a bit more credits before going back to the fed rank grind to get a Corvette (at ensign)

Have a few mates that play but they are sporadic at best so looking for an active community to play with.

Never touched a thargoid yet... unless a barnacle counts while in an srv?

Have joined the discord and the group on inara

Main notable points of late, getting palin unlocked and reaching elite in trading.

HairyMonkey
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: HairyMonkey

Postby HairyMonkey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Wotcha,

I'm HairyMonkey here on forum and also CMDR HairyMonkey in game.
Played original Elite on Apple IIc back in the late 80s (in all it's green screen wireframe glory) as well as Frontier Elite 2 and First Encounters after that.
Only spent a few weeks so far in Elite Dangerous but I'm loving it! So far I've had Keelback, Cobra MkIII, Asp Explorer and now flying a Python while saving up for A-rated bits and getting Fed rep for the Corvette.
I'm joining PvE to get a better experience of the Universe without having to deal with gankers (had enough of that in WoW).

See you out there!

Cheers

Brea83
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hlormaren

Postby Brea83 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Hey hey,
I play cmdr Hlormaren on pc. I just started playing, and elite dangerous is my first time playing a game with any serious flight sim. I'm more of a listener than a chatter in social settings, but I love being able to help folks out from time to time. Though as a newbie it's likely going to be a while before I'm able to help more than need help. :roll:

Love and peace, space cowboys.

Rhawb
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rhawb

Postby Rhawb » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Hey guys, I'm Cmdr Rhawb. I've been playing Elite on and off for a couple years now, so I have most of the basics down, but I'd like to learn a bit more about being an explorer, outfitting your ship, etc. Can't wait to see everyone online!

Avengerus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avengerus

Postby Avengerus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:01 pm

CMDR Avengerus
I am a male 44 (software dev) from NZ.
Back in the days I enjoyed (a lot!) Elite on ZX Spectrum.
Tried ED just recently and it feels (nostalgia to blame?) and looks very nice to me.

After playing about 10hrs in my free Sidewinder ran into a wing of 2 PK which I barely escaped with 3% structural left...
I am getting hold of this game and I made 3M+ CR in my Sidewinder in just last 3 hrs (just before I got attacked), so I believe I am ready to upgrade my ship.
I am 60% explorer + 30% fighter + 10% trader who doesn't want to miss the multiplayer experience, therefore Mobius seems to me being a better alternative to Solo.
PvE seems to be at a decent level in this game, so lets enjoy it together!
Just got a proper HOTAS and wanna try VR (Rift?)

See you in game o7

Return to “Introductions”