Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
John Rhys
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: John Rhys
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby John Rhys » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi fellow CMDRs

Just a very quick introduction: Friend of mine introduced me to ED about 5 Weeks ago and to a bad flu i already logged about 160h in the Game. I'm a bit blown away by the possibilities in the game (though not as enormous as EVE) and how much fun you can have in a dirt cheap Diamondback Scout, hunting for some wanted Cobras and with the help of the Police even something a lot bigger (highest bounty as of yet has been about 117k cr for a 'conda), or how awestruck you can be, rushing out to the alien ruins and catching a glimpse on what may possibly our doom

After about 36h "peacefully" in Open and having to log off while landed on the planet, i didn't really expect something to happen. For the first few Minutes nothing happend, and there was not one blip on the scanner. False safety, you may say...and you are right. Getting back into my ASP, minding my own business there was a blip on the scanner. Although i had may ASP fittet with an 6A Shield, against an engineered Imperial Cutter even that is just paper. So, in about 8 Seconds my ASP was dust and joined the ancient ruins as...well...ruined. I've heard of Mobius before, as i've been interdicted a few times in a maximum cargo rigged Type 6 with no shields (i expected to be interdicted and even counted in the rebuy costs and so on)...but as i expected as much, i didn't really think about it anymore. However, the ASP with 6A shields is a BIT more expensive and before i loose the interest on ED...well, here i am ;)

I'm also trying to catch the story behing all of it, which is a bit...tedious, since pretty much every information has to come from outside the game. But hey, at least it's out there.

So - o7 CMDRs, fly safe and maybe the galaxy isn't that big after all and we'll find each other ingame

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:48 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius new Commanders

Please feel free to add your names to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Xerx
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: C.Nilsson

Postby Xerx » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:17 am

Hi everyone
CMDR C.Nilsson reporting in.
Just bought Elite this weekend and im currently learning basic combat . While setting up the all the controls on my x52.

Once thats done ill be testing this out in vr on my vive.

Currently piloting Cobra mk iv. With a turn radius the size of jupiters rings.
Ill probably change it out for something else, as i got vaporized by two npc sidewinders.
Not very fond of the view in the cockpit either. Loooved the Eagle. But that one had the survivabillity of a piece of cotton in a volcano.

How long does it take to get access to the private group? Been showing as pending for a full day now.

Cmdr TimeUK
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TimeUK

Postby Cmdr TimeUK » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi I've been playing since the start remember first time round played most in solo did not like the idea of PVP like this groups rules looking forward to meeting a few like minded Cmdrs

Franc Kaos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Franc Kaos

Postby Franc Kaos » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:36 am

Hi CMDR Franc Kaos (on this board and in game), been flying for nearly a month and learnt about Mobius thru a youtube tutorial. I played the beginning in Solo - just learning to fly / fight then went over to Open - never got griefed but when I heard about this group requested a join straight away. I don't hate PVP (and quite like the sense of danger it brings to the game), but dislike griefers and how the game doesn't hold them to account. Fine, if you're in an anarchy system where you can expect to get hassle but not in a high sec zone.

So far only met one player who taught me the o7 salute, hey, I'm still in the Asellus Primus 10 ly bubble (Taurean, slow but steady) but have already upgraded to a HOTAS setup which drastically changed flying for me and flying in a nicely kitted out Cobra Mk 3. Now eyeing up the EDtracker...

See you guys out there - in the black.

LT ViperTooth
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lt ViperTooth

Postby LT ViperTooth » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Hey guys CMDR Lt ViperTooth

I'm 34 y/o from the UK enjoy PvE (I enjoy PvP when its appropriate but feel the PvE would be so much more fun here)

Only just got the game after a long time wanting it but wouldn't of been able to put effort into it so I waited now I can... thought I'd test the waters first I got the Base game from Frontier store love it even though I got very stressed at first (couldn't land in stations had no idea what to do, still don't lol) but even though I wen't back and purchased the season pass Horizons as well and went out and bought a Flight X HOTAS by Thrustmaster cheap but always heard great things and its great, using as custom setup a very popular one by a Elite Dangerous member called Crab anyway its great....

All I need now is a group of good guys make friends go out chat and play together without that this game to me wouldn't be half as good, for me its about being apart of a community making friends and having fun working together and that's what I'm hoping I can get from here

Hoping to get in a group with experienced players who love the game so much they are happy to share there knowledge and help me with the game and talk about the lore etc, be my Yoda!

Thanks guys and speak to you soon.....

Wakajawaffle
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: WAKA JA WAKA

Postby Wakajawaffle » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi,
CMDR WAKA JA WAKA in game, main account.
You may also see me as CMDR WAKA JA WAFFLE on my second account.

I have 2091 hours on the main account and am looking to break the boredom. Eventually the second account will turn into an exploration only account. While exploration is enjoyable, I have a tendency to go a little crazy when I'm out there.

Hope to see yall soon.

Lewis Holt
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lewis Holt

Postby Lewis Holt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:40 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm new here too, just joined.

Right now I'm in a trading python and looking to get myself an anaconda to trade with in the future!

I'll probably join Teamspeak in the future also.

jools180
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: soundo

Postby jools180 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Guys.
The name is CMDR Soundo. Thank you for accepting me to Mobius.
Occasional player. Love the game, Played it back on my Commy 64.
Anyway I'm of to find those Thargoids.
Have fun and see you out there.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius new Commanders

Please feel free to add your names to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “Introductions”