Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
dragoniv
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DragonIV
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby dragoniv » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:55 pm

CMDR DragonIV here, after having toying with the idea of joining for the better part of a year.

Why join? At the end of the day, I do not hunt other players, and worked to stay out of the sights of other players. I used to think the idea of human pirates roaming the galaxy would make things exciting, but in practice I have run into a few reasonable pirates and a lot of not very reasonable ones.

I just like saying hi to fellow commanders in virtual space, so solo play doesn't really appeal. I look forward to "seeing" many of you soon! You'll likely see me in my trusty Imperial Clipper, as I trade my way around the galaxy, but I have been known to occasionally light up conflict zones with my kitted Vulture (translation: trader guy kills a few easy ships, before a Python beats him to a bloody pulp and he runs off).

IRL, I'm from upstate NY (2.5 hours north of NYC by way of a standard ICE rover). Often on in the evenings and weekends when I'm not playing Minecraft, Destiny, or Rocket League.

Montague Zooma
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Montague Zooma

Postby Montague Zooma » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:37 am

CMDR Montague Zooma here. I also played the original Elite back in the 1980s. They packed a hell of a lot of game into just 32k of RAM and it's been my gold standard for open-world gaming ever since. Missed out on the Kickstarter and didn't buy E: D until it went on sale this summer. Initially, I couldn't figure out how to fly my ship and almost wrote it off as a mistake, but tried it again a couple weeks ago and now it's making sense. Decided to buy the lifetime pass, so I'll be sticking around.

I don't like being a target while learning a new game, so I've been playing solo. Came across Mobius while googling game info and decided to join up.

PVP is OK under the right circumstances. I spent 6 years playing Eve Online (in CVA)...going to war against other player groups was great fun. I just don't like ganking noobs or otherwise ruining someone's day just for the hell of it. I love that Elite lets you choose how you want to play.

I live in the Seattle area (USA), am in my late 50s and semi-retired. Looks like I'm not the only old fogey playing this game!

Lysrin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lysrin

Postby Lysrin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:28 pm

Hello there:

CMDR Lysrin here, checking in. Been playing in Mobius for a few weeks now I would say. Don't have a long standing history with the original Elite games, but have been waiting for a game like Elite: Dangerous for decades! Common refrain I know, but just thought I would add my voice to the chorus :) Haven't accomplished a whole lot in game yet. Most recent achievement was finally getting my Asp Explorer. Did make the Hutton Run for the Hutton Mug CG. Been making credits lately from rares in my Type 6 (although I had to sell it to recover from an unfortunate incident with my Asp... long story) and am now fighting Emperor's Dawn in the latest CG... although I am not sure if I'm on the right side... ;) Still haven't picked a side in PowerPlay. Next on my list if I don't keep getting distracted by CGs would be some deep space exploration in the Asp or maybe some mining.

Why Mobius? Well I don't have an issue with PvP in general and I still play Open from time to time but I would much rather the multiplayer experience with others without the constant threat of being ground into space dust! Due to RL responsibilities I don't have tonnes of time to play so getting nailed by a bored griefer isn't attractive to me. If I get taken down by a player who is actually making their way through the galaxy as a pirate, that I can deal with! But the threat of the other kind of PvPer doesn't interest me. I did just recently get chewed up in a CZ by another Mobius player. All within the rules and I am cool with that... but they won't get me next time! :lol:

Thanks for creating this group, excellent idea and I am very pleased to be involved!

In RL I'm and software tech guy living in Nova Scotia, Canada, Atlantic timezone. Usually on later in the evening. Sometimes I have the option to be social, voice chat, etc. and other times my wife and I are sharing the study space, her reading and me gaming! I am also terrible at noticing chat when I am in combat so don't be offended if you message and I don't respond right away.

Fluentur
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fluentur

Postby Fluentur » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi fellow Cmdr's

My in-game name is Cmdr Fluentur (same as this forum name). I'm from the South of England, Male almost 40.

I've currently only been playing the game for 2 weeks and in Solo play as I wanted to learn in a safe environment, and my current computer is below spec and just moved so limited broadband. I wouldn't stand a chance in a fight with my Lag being awfull.

I have done a bit of Bounty hunting, ok at it. I'm currently trading and exploring the known systems. My ideal (and currently working towards) is to be an Explorer. I figured once I started to explore I'd like to be on open play so that I could talk to fellow Cmdr's out in the big black un-known. So after reading through some forums on the frontier forum site I found a link to this, and decided it would be for me. Once I get a better system and skill I may like to join in controlled battles etc, but I mainly want to play this game for every other reason.

I look forward to seeing!!! you in space.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:45 pm

Welcome to Mobius, new commanders!! :D

Feel free to add your name to the In game friend list thread and check out our TeamSpeak servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders. Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimate to the game while having fun.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Rodgeirr
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rodgeirr

Postby Rodgeirr » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:51 pm

► Show Spoiler

I live in NS, and I'm in IT. Small world.

hunvagy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rigoberto Brightman

Postby hunvagy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 am

Greetings Commanders,

in-game you'll find me as Rigoberto Brightman (as the giant inara sig likes to remind me of my name). I've been in E : D since premium beta, on and off, and mostly in private group with my two friends who I dragged along for the ride. Mostly to learn the ropes (like how not to smear your Cobra across the cowcatcher at 300km/s) and slowly building up to my beautiful Asp. I have been considering joining Mobius for a while now, then I finally decided what the heck, and pressed the button :D

As for myself, I've been a space sim nut in the golden days of the genre, though I missed the original elite by a decade or so, seeing how I was 3 years old when it came out. I did play a lot of Frontier and First Encounters though, even if I sucked at it.

I was really happy that after years of drought where the only space sim that survived was X, and where Elite 4 seemed like a bad joke on a badly constructed webpage (I think many remember that), it was actually announced for real. When I had the financial means, I joined in the support and been around ever since.

I hope to see some of you in-game when the solar winds blow your ships my way :D

Lysrin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lysrin

Re: RE: Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Lysrin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:36 am

Rodgeirr wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I live in NS, and I'm in IT. Small world.

Cool! Small world indeed! Maybe I'll see you in the galaxy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MentaListo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Menta Listo

Postby MentaListo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:25 pm

CMDR Menta Listo

Been around a while, just not joined this forum.

I think I prefer PVE for how i play Elite, although the new CQC is a great way to get a PVP fix.

Still brushing up on combat skills too!

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Welcome to all who've Joined ^,^
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Return to “Introductions”