Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Rex Tano
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rex Tano
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Rex Tano » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 am

Hello there!

In game I am Commander Rex Tano. I started paying Elite around a month ago and it is extremely fun and exciting. I have always loved the concept of space exploration and the game certainly delivers on that!
I am present in the Eurasian and factions group. I never enjoyed playing against people, not really a fan of competition. So when a reply in Facebook mentioned this group as a PvE exclusive, I had to check it out!
I am Portuguese but am currently living in the Netherlands so UTC+2 is my time.

Hope to see you Commanders out in the black soon!

Tano out! o7

theodenphillip
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Elder Thing

Postby theodenphillip » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Hello Everyone.

In game I am CMDR Elder Thing. I started playing E:D a few months ago. I am having fun exploring, trying out different ships, learning what works and what doesn't.
Favorite ship so is my Asp-X kitted out for exploring. It is not a 'max jump' ship, but ~60ly gets me where I need to go.
I am on the west coast of the US (so UTC -7) although I typically play (for me) early morning or later in the night.

Thanks for allowing me to join and I look forward to seeing people 'out there.'

IanTaltos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ian Taltos

Postby IanTaltos » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:04 pm

Hello, y'all,

Cmdr Ian Taltos here. I'm in the southeast U.S. During the day I am a graphic designer. At night (or when life permits), I like to explore the stars and dabble in a little trade and PvE combat.

I joined for two reasons: 1. Solo was getting pretty lonely. 2. After dealing with real life and all its ups and downs, I don't look forward to spending my free time playing, work towards something, only to have a griefer or PK ruin my day just for kicks. I understand why PVP exists and I have no problem with it. My issue is when PVP becomes nothing more than an abusive environment where the strong preys on the weak for nothing more than the sport of it. There is no honor in that.

The real world has more than enough of that to go around. It's not needed in ED or any other game.

Happy flying :)

Jonkai
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jonkai

Postby Jonkai » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Good Evening All,

Back in... well, a long time ago, when I was a wee youngster I spent many a night playing the original Elite. I couldn't stop playing, the game put my mind into dreams, exploring the unknown - was the first game that got me hooked into something different, I'd always dreamed of being an astronaut as a child - this was the closest I was ever going to get! :)

I started playing Elite Dangerous when the game went live and played through to the Horizon's expansions which I purchased, I think I was hoping to re-live them childhood memories, it didn't hit the spot, what with being a miserable old sod!

I stopped playing shortly after the release or Horizons, I spent my spare time playing EVE Online, which I've played since 2003 - all of a sudden, I was sick with EVE and stopped gaming... you never stop thinking though when you have some spare time, well I don't, work this, work that - I needed a release, thought about Elite and downloaded Horizons again.

Not sure why, but it feels different, it feels better - after a an hour or two watching you tube, I've tried all sorts in my trusty ASP. Did 300 jumps heading to Sag A but turned back after learning about Engineers - did some mining, did some trading, finally got access to Sol... got the FSD lo level 3.

I'm now aiming for the Krait Phantom and actually getting an engineered 5 FSD, although in no rush, once done though I'll get the Guardian FSD boost and then finally going to head off to Sag A and beyond. Anyhoo, a ,long winded hello... o7

Cmd_Justice
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Malleus Justice

Postby Cmd_Justice » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:30 pm

Howdy all,

I am 53, live in Spokane Washington and started playing about two months ago after reading this game was a ‘must own’ if you have a VR set-up. I purchased a HOTUS shortly thereafter and am having an absolute blast, especially with the exploration part of the game (on system 79 of a 300 system route). I am looking forward to playing with people in the future!
One quick noob question, how do I go about logging onto the private server?

Cmd Justice

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:59 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Malleus Justice
Hope to meet you in the Black one day!

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'
In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Provided you have followed all the steps our admin team will accept you as soon as they are able.
Please keep in mind that due to Frontier Development EULA, only limited persons have access to the admin functions of each group and they do so as volunteers, the occasional delay is to be expected.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

jrad
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: j'rad

Postby jrad » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:29 am

Hi all. New to E:D in the last month, but played the original Elite way back in the day. Really digging the game and looking forward to what Odyssey might to the table. I've been dabbling in various things, although trading has been my main avenue for credits thus far. Recently made the trek out to Colonia. I've been playing in Open but then came across the references to this group. As others have said in this thread, it gets tiring when you have so many morons with God ships blowing the crap out of noob ships that have no chance. Like using a sledgehammer on an ant and it says a lot about those who do it. I've already gotten fairly good at evading interdictions, but I don't play this game for added stress. So here I am, thanks for the add. Hope to maybe see a few of you along the way at some point.

J

matiskati
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Matt Catto

Postby matiskati » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Hey there!

I'm CMDR Matt Catto (yes, using irl name). I'm an avid gamer from South Africa and discovered ED a couple months ago via steam as I wishlist a lot of sci-fi themed games. I've taught myself the basics via youtube and solo play, but thought it might be a bit more fun to engage with other players. I'm still a mostly harmless when it comes to combat so figured PVE would be the better route to take for now.

Hope to meet some of you in the black soon! o7

KenjiUyehara
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: KenjiUyehara

Postby KenjiUyehara » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Hello Commanders!

I'm CMDR KenjiUyehara. I'm a returning player from the PS4 and hoping to make new ground on the PC. So far I have grinded out about 750 hours on my PC account and now am a proud owner of a Fleet Carrier! I've mostly been playing Solo but looking to broaden my horizons by joining this group. I'm hoping to make new friends and journey with like-minded commanders to fight, trade and explore across the galaxy.

I look forward to meeting you all! o7

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX

Postby SCE2AUX » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:39 am

Howdy!

CmdrSCE2AUX checking in. Still very new, I started playing sometime in April of 2019. I only have about 170 hours, most of them pretty recent. What an incredible game. I usually putter around Sol<—->Betelgeuse corridor, exploring, and trying not to die. If there are any youtubers on here thanks for all the tutorials and different tips. I want to try Open sometime but really am not sure what to expect. I’d rather not spend all my money rebuying my ship if I get attacked. Either way, hoping to learn a lot here.

PC

Nvidia RTX2070
AMD Ryzen-7 7700
16GB
HTC Vive
TM16000C HOTAS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by SCE2AUX on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Return to “Introductions”