Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Flint_Chesthair
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:41 am
CMDR: Flint Chesthair
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

CMDR Flint Chesthair at your service!

Postby Flint_Chesthair » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:47 am

I've been playing 100% solo since kickstarter days. Heard about Mobius and thought I'd give it a go. I'm patiently waiting to be accepted into the group in-game (it's been 3 days) so will continue in solo until then. I just hope I filled out my "paperwork" correctly. :roll:

I bounce between explorer, scavenger, miner and bounty hunter. Just depends on the mood I'm in and how long Mrs. Flint Chesthair will let me play! :( :o I like to role-play too on occasions. I started keeping an in game log on INARA. I missed quite a bit but want to pick it up again.

I'm not sure what to expect in the group so please be patient with me. I like to partake in conversation when the opportunity arises and am here to assist if an NPC ruins your day. I'm building a scavenger\refuel\repair ship called "Salvage-One". It's a python that continually does her best to bring me home.

Hope my request will be approved soon. Hope to see everyone out there.

FC

User avatar
YVOVD
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:34 pm
CMDR: YVOVD
CMDR_Platform: XBOX
Contact:

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby YVOVD » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Good day everyone.

Not so new player (fiddled around here and there) who got tired of playing alone so here i am looking for new friends to fly with. Still in the process of getting accepted.

I've gotten rid of everything except one ship so here i am with 24 million in the bank, a Dolphin (that i might sell sooner than later for something else) and all the patience in the world to re-learn the ropes of flying in space. My expectations aren't too high, basically just looking to play with people because being in space alone sucks.
avgeek, gamer, epileptic. I do all my own stunts.

TorTorden
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 3953
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:13 am
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: CMDR Flint Chesthair at your service!

Postby TorTorden » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Flint_Chesthair wrote:I've been playing 100% solo since kickstarter days. Heard about Mobius and thought I'd give it a go. I'm patiently waiting to be accepted into the group in-game (it's been 3 days) so will continue in solo until then. I just hope I filled out my "paperwork" correctly. :roll:

I bounce between explorer, scavenger, miner and bounty hunter. Just depends on the mood I'm in and how long Mrs. Flint Chesthair will let me play! :( :o I like to role-play too on occasions. I started keeping an in game log on INARA. I missed quite a bit but want to pick it up again.

I'm not sure what to expect in the group so please be patient with me. I like to partake in conversation when the opportunity arises and am here to assist if an NPC ruins your day. I'm building a scavenger\refuel\repair ship called "Salvage-One". It's a python that continually does her best to bring me home.

Hope my request will be approved soon. Hope to see everyone out there.

FC


In open you have three option for how a player encounter goes.
49% chance it's hostile, 49% you'll be ignored, and 2% chance of they'll actually will say hello.

In Mobius you take the hostile encounter option out, and are left with the 99% chance of being ignored.
On top of there being a much smaller pool of players in Mobius than in open so encounters are that much rarer as well.

To find someone to actually play with requires a little more than just joining a group like this, hitting up the forums or better discord\TS is probably a much better option for finding someone to play with.
Image

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

User avatar
WozToons
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:07 am
CMDR: WOZTOONS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby WozToons » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:07 am

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for many a long year and I'm double Elite on both Xbox and PC so there goes the music reference. Now a member of The Order of Mobius squadron and looking to become triple Elite having recently been described by the Pilots Federation as competent. What were they thinking??? Introducing myself here because it appears to be the forum for PVE players or to put it another way, those that can't stand gankers.

If wishes were horses I'd be riding an Oculus Rift S with a Thrustmaster Warthog but they are not so I hobble along with an Xbox controller and a light up keyboard. So close to the screen that I get a suntan at night.

So, the deed is done, the thrusters boosted and the FSD charged. Hello, good evening and good hunting.
Last edited by WozToons on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Tobias Burakowit
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:59 am
CMDR: Tobias Burakowit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Tobias Burakowit » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:14 am

Greetings Commanders, T. Burakowit present.

Many years ago I was playing the original Elite as a less than 10-year-old on an Amiga 1200, spent many hours on it. The first thing I did was shoot at the Coriolis station because it was the closest object.

Then after restarting I flew into the planet, thinking I was supposed to land on it. Then I flew away from the planet towards a yellow circle, well third time wasn't the charm.

Eventually I read the manual and then everything fit into place.

I was so bummed about Elite Dangerous being above my hardware, but now I have a laptop that can play it in base game, 720p and low quality. But stayed in Solo. As soon as I heard about Mobias, I was in. It will be so great to finally share my love for the series with another.

Cupid Stunt
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:37 pm
CMDR: CUPID STUNT-007
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Cupid Stunt » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:54 am

Hello CMDR Cupid Stunt-007 here \o/
Awesome to discover a PvE only private group allowing me to play Elite with others but without the trolls purely devoted to ruining someone elses enjoyment. To me this game does involve a degree of grind and time and i played solo purely because i didn't want to risk loosing all that effort and feelings of hard earned progression. I'm a pretty chill person in real life and enjoy the casual long term play style Elite Dangerous has to offer. As for my username, one of my favourite comedians as a youngster in the late 70's was Kenny Everett and one of his characters was 'Cupid Stunt'. Thanks for accepting me into the club and hope to fly across some of you in the future. Fly Safe o7
Image

User avatar
SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:29 am
CMDR: SockFiddler
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby SockFiddler » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:55 am

Cupid Stunt wrote:... but without the trolls...


Uh-oh.

Cupid Stunt wrote:...purely devoted to ruining someone elses enjoyment.


Oh! Phew!

At least you'll understand that 90% of the dumb shit that happens here takes place in the best possible taste. *crosses legs*
"Drink fast, die young"
Image

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

Beezle Bub
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:26 pm
CMDR: BEEZLEBUB BOILSUCKER
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Beezle Bub » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Hello everyone glad to be onboard
I have been looking for a place to hang my hat for awhile
I had a good look around and this place looks like the place

been flying for about a 1000 hrs and have amassed a few assets
trying to save up for a freighter but its tough lol
tired of getting ganked by kids on PVP and looking for more secure endeavors

my handle is derived from a motorcycle gang in the 60s
that a folk hero of mine belonged to "Harold Head" comics lol
Beezle
Image

User avatar
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 3761
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:28 pm

Cupid Stunts......I used to fly with a few of them...….. :D
Image

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Dudley
Master
Master
Posts: 663
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:25 pm
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Dudley » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Cupid Stunts......I used to fly with a few of them...….. :D


Hey...I'll have you know I resemble that remark..

G'Day Old Chap..

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg


Return to “Introductions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

i