Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
think01
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Think01
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby think01 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:07 pm

Hello everybody.
I'm Think01 both here on the forums and in game.
Happy to join this group, I've always preferred the PvE play over any form of PvP so I was very glad to find Mobius.
Not sure about the faction group, I still have to figure out how to "properly" play the faction game (so far I manager to gain some good rep with Aisling Duval but I feel I'm missing something).
Cheers to all!

srk
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SRK

Postby srk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:27 am

Hi there,
Commander SRK here (Sylvester), 44 yr male from Romania (IT handyman).
Love the game, all aspects of it. Open is a cesspool in the current state, so here I am.
Cheers.

Hawthorn man
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hawthorn man

Postby Hawthorn man » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi. I’m playing with pc/ rift as well but just started. I have an issue that if I ever try to play it on pc it will only show in small window. Do you have this problem also? (Using Stream as source)

Gon009
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gon009

Postby Gon009 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Hello, Gon009 here.
I first jumped into E:D in 2016, after some time I stopped playing.
Now I'm back and I see that game improved in many aspects, especially when it comes to engineers(no more cargo commodities needed and remote workshops, yeah!).
I dislike PvP in this game and I don't want to get destroyed by some random guy who just want to waste someone's time, that's why I'm PvE only player and played solo mode all the time. However being able to see human players from time to time is what made me join Mobius.
My favorite ship is Federal Corvette however I'm not using it that much because of that jump range... I have materials prepared to buy FSD booster once it's released again.
I'm not social guy but I'm also turning my Python into Medic ship, regeneration and concordant sequence beams with repair limpets and stuff like that, maybe one time I will be able to use it.

cronomantic
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kelvinator

Postby cronomantic » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi, this is CMDR Kelvinator.
I'm eager to play with some nice people who doesn't want to blow me on the sky to get a kick out of it.
See you in the black!

O7

cheshirecat
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: helmutvonsprinklen

Postby cheshirecat » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:05 am

Hello,

CMDR Helmut Von Sprinklen here! 40ish Male from the UK

I've played elite for a while and just returned after a bit of a break with a new account. Just got my Conda and engineering the big butted beast into shape.

I draw the line at grinding out the Cutter and Corvette again... he says knowing he probably will.. :roll:

I'd quite like to find some folks with a bit of sense of humour to add a little spice to the game as does get a bit lonely at times out in space and every Helmut needs a hug, from time to time.

Prossis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Prossis

Postby Prossis » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:08 am

Hi, CMDR Prossis here.

I am from Australia, mostly playing to chill out. I bought the game in 2015 to play with someone, only to give up due to the region problems we had. Now I'm back because other video games have become hard to enjoy. I'm really enjoying the "Euro Truck Simulator" element... cruising around all night after a hard day at work is nice. I hope to do proper exploring one day.

I have mainly been hanging out at Sun Takush, and broke my first mil today! (Hooray)

I'm joining because I want to play with others without getting ganked, but I seem to be having lots of problems with combat, lol. I am doing okay flying, decided to learn from scratch with flight assist off, but that's it. I don't play games to get stressed out... my very limited leisure time is a no stress zone. (Seeing my first white dwarf on Friday, not knowing what the hell it was and having a total space conniption aside.)

Also hoping to get my best friend to play but we need to get him a good computer first. Anyway, see you guys in game hopefully :)

fadingtrails
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: fadingtrails
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby fadingtrails » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:56 am

I joined Mobius (and ED) earlier this week and thought I'd say hi.

Before committing to any online game, I always like to know what the community is like, so I asked around on a PS4-related forum, where I was fortunate to be referred to Mobius.

I'm glad to be able to play with people in a positive and contructive environment, so thanks for letting me join!

fadingtrails

Escapement
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Will E Coyote

Postby Escapement » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:11 am

G'Day Commanders.

Got my commander nickname "Will E Coyote" for my tenacity and ingenuity, not my not my win rate!

Professional 40something with family who doesn't find any time to play.

At the moment I've switched from a triple head monitor setup with headlook IR to VR (Rift with a 1070FTW) and relearning all my HOTAS controls etc.

Typing and Galaxy Map are biggest headache as well as getting a good result with VA and Midnight (HCSVoicePacks)

Very interested to see how the game plays out with a dedicated PvE group. Been a lurker for a while - great info here guys and good community spirit - something to be proud of.

Currently I'm engineering a new Python to take to Sag A.
About to move overseas from Australia to Singapore for work and I expect I'll have a bit more time in-game then as the family will be joining me later in the year. Guilt Free Times!

Kashiwagi
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dayakaizer
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Kashiwagi » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Hello everyone,

My name (real last name) is Kashiwagi. However, as I understand it, my commander name will be my PSN name (Dayakaizer).

This is the first time ever, that I will be playing Elite Dangerous (still waiting for my hotas, haven't even done the tutorials yet).
My goal is to stream this game and role play a minner's son turned trader after his father was killed by pirates in a high risk expedition, in order to send him to flight school. His first real, non simulated flight, will be the minute I start the game and take off. The tension and nervousness will be very real that way.

My goal here is to be peaceful (hence why I am here, joining this much talked about community). I have done my research very thoroughly, and know full well what I am getting into (this is the game I never knew I've always wanted). This community is perfect for my goals and agenda as a player.
My character has a rich backstory, and a flexible future path, which I will explore throughout my space career.

I hope that I can be accepted and welcomed to the universe (within a universe) that you, as a community, have created. If you would like to be integrated into my back story, and role play with me, either send me a message or improvise in-game. I will gladly respond to your energy and momentum, while staying true to my character.

This is the first time I will be role-playing this deep. I tend to play as female characters more often than not, but this way I feel I can inject a bit of myself in the character, thus making him more 3 dimensional and relatable.

As for the real me;
I am a 28 year-old ESL teacher, studying in America for my Masters Degree in English and Education. I look forward to having stimulating conversations, both real and role-play.

よろしくお願いしました
ペーター

(I look forward to working with you.
-Peter)

Return to “Introductions”