Another incoming Cmdr

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Jack Schitt
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kevin Reilly / Jack Schitt (depending on mood)
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Another incoming Cmdr

Postby Jack Schitt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Hello all.

I'm Jack Schitt from the Frontier Forums, hoping to become part of the PvE group if my request is accepted before beta 2.00 rolls out. I'm currently playing ED under my real name, Cmdr Kevin Reilly, but I have reserved a couple more names including Jack Schitt which I might make my primary once we're in gamma, assuming FD will let me swap them.

My reason for joining the PvE group is basically pre-emptive. I intend to do most of my flying in Open Play, and am not averse to the occasional bit of contextual PvP even though I lose at least 80% of the time. But it's becoming increasingly clear that for anything other than chance encounters, the PvP elements of ED are likely to be dominated by those players who have

• a lot of spare time for practice, and
  • a lot of spare friends with whom to group.
As a predominantly lone wolf player with neither of the above resources, I fear a distinct disadvantage in faction-based combat regardless of which side I might join, especially if the game maintains the distinction between PCs and NPCs on the scanner. Under those conditions, unless the AI is phenomenally strong in the defensive support role, PK ganking will become the norm and lone players won't stand a chance. It's more or less inevitable.

But hopefully my fears will be mostly unfounded and the sheer size of the galaxy will limit PvP to one-on-one random encounters, for which I'll be happy to stay in Open Play and take my chances. But just in case Open does indeed turn into a gank-fest, it's nice to know this group is here.
Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7-4770K 4.3GHz H100i OC | 16GB Corsair Vengeance PC12800 | GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB | Realtek ALC1150

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Another incoming Cmdr

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 pm

Makes good sense to me. Welcome aboard Commander.

Our house is your house now. Come and go as you please. :)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Welcome, Commander! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Vikinger
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Vulcor

Postby Vikinger » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Welcome :)

its good we have the options to go between solo, group or open play. And you are welcome anytime to play in the group when ever you wish. Also if you fancy teamspeak there use to be members that use it. :)

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:55 am

Hello Jack Schitt, and welcome to the forums.

Secretly I also hope open play will develope like David has envisioned with no lulz killers and so on.
In this group we can be sure the game is played as intended! ;)

Fly safe, and see you out there!

Return to “Introductions”