CMDR Der_Duit (PS4)

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Donaldi
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Der_Duit
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

CMDR Der_Duit (PS4)

Postby Donaldi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:37 pm

Greetings,

while my membership request still is under scrunity, I would like to introduce myself, hoping to be accepted with both my ED accounts.
Quiet ancient (in fact, I played Elite on an Atari ST first duting shool) I discovered ED with Horizons about Christmas 2019 and have until now sunk about 500 hours solo playtime into it, after formerly preferring mostly fligh combat simulators (Sturmovic, Apache, Hawk 2, Ace Combat 7).

Last year I took the next step and finally signed up for open. Well, I lasted about 2 minutes...meanwhile I am at 60 hours online playtime.
I am mostly spending time bouncing around moon surfaces, shooting at those evading pesky outcrops. And lob explosives at defenseless ice rocks in rings trying to steal their valuable cores.

As for my combat interests, except for my recent participation in Hip 54530 (on Jupiters side) to finally get my reputation high enough to be invited by Mr. Ishmaak, I shoot at NPCs only to get my freshly mined goods into station unmolested.
And then buy (and equip) the next size ship, which will probably be either the cutter or a corvette. Or, in case of the second account, a Keelback.

Why 2 accounts? Well, I had to start a new career, because of the Xbox I recently got after unsucessfully trying to get a PS5. The very first game I bought for it was ED (standard).

Regards, Dirk

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Der_Duit (PS4)

Postby GreenViper » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:38 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Der_Duit

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'
In game friends list for PS4

While awaiting the approval, some links here to get you on the way in the Mobius group.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Zaydin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Idann
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Der_Duit (PS4)

Postby Zaydin » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:42 am

Welcome to Mobius, Commander!

Yeah, I got tired of getting griefed in Open and was on the verge of quitting Elite when I was alerted to the existence of Mobius and I couldn't apply fast enough. I pretty much fly exclusively in the Mobius NA private group.

Return to “Introductions”