Greetings Pilots!

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
CMDR Lex Taliones
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lex Taliones
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Greetings Pilots!

Postby CMDR Lex Taliones » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:10 am

Greetings pilots! I can get wordy, but I’ll try not to make this a TL/DR.

I’m CMDR Lex Taliones. I'm a 50-year-old casual gaming fart and general weirdo (Sci-Fi, tattoos, piercings, horror, art, other nerd pursuits and freakery...) I play PC & console games, but mainly console as I no longer have a high-end rig. Love & have been a loyal Xbox gamer since the first generation and that’s where I play ED. I joined Mobius after doing a Google search and reading mentions in a Steam forum about three years ago and started out well on MobiusXUS, but real life intervened and I stepped away. Came back again briefly and moved to MobiusXUS1, but had to put it down yet another time for the same reasons. I didn't have the time to commit due to family/life/work/marriage issues, etc.

Things have changed a bit, but my interest in ED hasn’t. I have separated (amicably) from my wife of 20+ years and moved into my own apartment. I still have a busy life and an odd work schedule (CST – Thursdays-thru-Sundays 7pm-6am, Mondays-Wed TBD at my new part time job), but I have ensured I have room to play ED regularly (on my HotasX and I bought a new 78” TV!). I’ve also made it a point to keep two Wednesdays free a month at least. Plus, I will be playing late nights on Mon-Tues. I’m really looking forward to being able to devote some real and regular play-time to ED and along with that I will enjoy it more with friends. So, here I am!

I chose PVE as it suits me better overall, but might try some PVP in the future .. not ruling it out. When I left, I had just started the “Road to Riches” path. Not sure if that’s still a valid thing or not, but I have a lot to relearn anyway. For all intents and purposes, I have to relearn the game anyway … so I’ll be full of annoying questions. To begin with I am going to do some reading/research and watch some videos before doing the tutorials again and trying to decide if I want to continue the RtR, or shift gears. Any advice, tips, links to resources is greatly appreciated! I’d really love to make some good friends I can play regularly with, not just because of the current worldwide isolation situation, but because I miss having online friends to meet regularly. Now that I live alone it’s more of an integral element. Besides, I need to justify the purchase of that new TV! So don’t hesitate to invite me to a group when I’m on ED, send me a friend request, or just chat with me and when I’m confident enough in my knowledge and abilities in ED I’d love to start playing in a group.

Thanks for reading and I hope to make new friends here.

CMDR: Lex Taliones
GT: Lex Taliones

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Greetings Pilots!

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:16 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Lex Taliones.

I'll bet that E-D looks amazing on your 78" TV!

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for XBox US

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Greetings Pilots!

Postby GreenViper » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:51 am

Welcome CMDR Lex Taliones