Hello from CMDR Ringo Simpkins in the UK

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
RingoSimpkins
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ringo Simpkins
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Hello from CMDR Ringo Simpkins in the UK

Postby RingoSimpkins » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:32 am

Hi Everyone,

just dusted off Elite after four years as I eventually got a HOTAS - absolutely brilliant investment. Really helped with getting enjoyment rather than frustration with the game, I just could not get on with a keyboard and mouse set up. However, my survival time in Open flying a Sidewinder has proven to be very short, so been playing in Solo - which sort of defeats the point as I want to take part in the community aspect of Elite.

Hopefully my joining Mobius will help in getting some of the community feel from the game, can't wait for my application to be processed and I can get on and start, but until them ... Solo :(

I am UK based, but a nightworker, so when I am not working I tend to be online on Thursday / Friday/ Saturdays 03:00 - 10:00 GMT. I look forward to meeting some of you all, really want to get in to the Explorer group, but currently applied for the Europe Group.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: Hello from CMDR Ringo Simpkins in the UK

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:36 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Ringo Simpkins.

Which HOTAS did you get? You can never have too many buttons, switches, and rockers!

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

RingoSimpkins
Harmless
Harmless

Postby RingoSimpkins » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:13 am

Thanks JohnLuke, as you asked a X52Pro, loving it, hopefully Farther Christmas will get me a Stream deck so I can map loads to that and have even more buttons to press LOL. But I think he has to consult with the wife first :( I'll look in to the links you mentioned at the weekend when I am off shift. Looking forward to getting on in game.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:30 am

Welcome to the Modius Sector Commander RingoSimpkins - o7

I am currently 11,000 Light years out of the bubble with a small group of Interpid Explorers

Fleet Commander : Condor77
Lead Commander : Logic_me
Commander : Insane McManiac
Commander : JimBoyy

We are currently investigating the reminants of project Dynasty and have discovered some old outposts.

The project is quite the way from the bubble, it had taken over a day for the Fleet Carrier Andromeda Ascendant to jump out here.

I am looking forward to posting a full report soon, once cleared by Command.

We have discovered a few previously un-charted systems and have placed a our names out there on the stars. It is truly amazing out here in the PLAA AEC Sector.

Hope to see you out here in the void Commander - o7

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:16 am

RingoSimpkins wrote:Thanks JohnLuke, as you asked a X52Pro, loving it, hopefully Farther Christmas will get me a Stream deck so I can map loads to that and have even more buttons to press LOL.

Awesome! I used an X52 Pro for several years in E-D. It's a fantastic HOTAS and has a very comfortable, ergonomic design for sure. After I wore out my X52, I got an X56. I was happy to have even more hat switches and buttons, but I certainly missed the comfort and smooth feel of the X52.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Welcome CMDR Ringo Simpkins
Hope to meet you in the Black one day!

Myself I"m stuck with dual T16000 sticks... took a while getting used to but now musclememory is trained I stick my hotas to XPlane/P3D only.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

RingoSimpkins
Harmless
Harmless

Postby RingoSimpkins » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:00 am

Thanks all for the warm welcome, hopefully I will get the group join process thing done in the next few days or so and I can start finding you all in game .. I need all the help I can get, I just crash landed on Maia, the AspX handles a lot differently than a Cobra MkIII, but at least I got the Meta Alloy for Felicity, next challenge engineering. Blimey!

Return to “Introductions”