CMDR Dana Ducat

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Dana Ducat
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dana Ducat
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Dana Ducat

Postby Dana Ducat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Hello!

I'm a long-time player of Elite: Dangerous (since the XBox beta, now on PC), but new to its multiplayer aspect. I had been playing a sort of self-imposed iron-man mode, but after my previous commander got into a heated argument with a White Dwarf, and lost, I decided it was time to settle down with a more permanent one and explore some of Elite's systems that I was too cautious to try before, including multiplayer.

I'm really enjoying having other commanders around to see / talk / interact with in open mode -- makes the galaxy feel a lot more alive -- but at the same time I dislike the constant feeling of looking over my shoulder that I get when playing it. That and my feline co-pilot's constant craving for treats and attention means I'm often distracted and end up being a sitting duck for any would-be aggressors. I think Mobius will be a great fit for my relaxed play-style, and I look forward to seeing you all out there in the galaxy!

Best regards,
CMDR Dana Ducat

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: CMDR Dana Ducat

Postby GreenViper » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:49 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Dana Ducat
Hope to meet you in the Black one day!

When not out in the Black exploring, being a member of the Mobius Colonial Republic Navy; 99% of the time you can find me wandering around the Colonia area.

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'
In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Dana Ducat
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Dana Ducat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Thank you :) I've submitted the form and requested to join in-game, though I know it may take a few days to go through. Look forward to it! I'll check out the discord as well.

Dana Ducat
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Dana Ducat » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:34 am

Thank you for accepting me into the private group!

I have also submitted a new form and in-game request for my second account's commander, CMDR Cam Anders. I didn't see a rule prohibiting multiple commanders on the Policy page, and the intro text on the Join form seems to suggest it's ok, so hopefully this isn't a problem but I understand if it is.

I plan on sending one of them off to Colonia, though I'm not sure which one yet :)

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:26 pm

Welcome to the Mobius Sector Commander

Its a strange black void out there, in Solo its too quiet and in Open, its too chaotic to get anytihng meaningful done without needing a medical staff on standby.

But today, in the Mobious Sector > in the GCRV 1568 Sector, after listerning to GAL net on loop for the nth time, there was chatter all about the system with fellow Commanders sharing ideas, tips, tricks and setup's for mining... sharing links in chat... it was quite a wholesome experience, perhaps tomorrow morning over some mining and a coffee there might a few of us "wing up" to do some "wing mining" - multiple ships....

With the sale bonus it could make a cool group activity into a paid event - sounds like fun =)

A fellow commander has suggested a met up at at Davs Hope in the Hyades Sector DR-V c2-23 System Planet A 5

Wednesday, 25/11/2020 at 20:00 ED time

It sounds like a lot of fun =)

Hope to get to meet out here in the void, stay safe out there Commander

o7

Z.

Return to “Introductions”