CMDR Vash Meridian

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Mortalware
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vash Meridian
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Vash Meridian

Postby Mortalware » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:14 am

Thank you for inviting me to MOBIUS PVE EURASIA.

I've had Elite Dangerous in my STEAM library for a while but only fired it up once or twice before and was always too daunted by just leaving the hangar bay. This time however I discovered Auto Docking and Supercruise Assist!

A whole new world has now opened up before me as the autopilot can do all the tricky stuff whilst I watch Youtube clips on the other monitor.

My ultimate goal is to learn how to do all this flying manually and that's where I am at now. I'm terrible at combat and detest PVP. I'm just looking for somewhere relatively stress free to practice flying and do long haul trading and eventually some serious exploration and mining.

Would love to team up with others who can teach me about exploration and mining and just how to fly in general.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Re: CMDR Vash Meridian

Postby tinnitus » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:02 pm

One thing about the flight assist tools after a number of times observing there work you get the hang of it and venture out on your own. I get a blasted out of following and or passing ships in the slot. You may want to keep a docking computer onboard until you get use to high G landings. Flying through asteroid fields are fun also mining them helps you get use to flight plus earn a few credits. Many players here are very helpful and willing to team up myself included. o7
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Norwin Palmer
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Norwin Palmer

Postby Norwin Palmer » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:06 pm

Mortalware wrote:Would love to team up with others who can teach me about exploration and mining and just how to fly in general.

Hello and welcome, I posted a topic in the mining section that I think can help you with some mining and flying, Deep Core mining in particular mixed with some generic flying/Elite topics.

Mortalware
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vash Meridian

Postby Mortalware » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Norwin Palmer wrote:
Mortalware wrote:Would love to team up with others who can teach me about exploration and mining and just how to fly in general.

Hello and welcome, I posted a topic in the mining section that I think can help you with some mining and flying, Deep Core mining in particular mixed with some generic flying/Elite topics.

Thank you! I tried some surface mining and didn't do so well. I've now kitted out a Diamondback Explorer and just been flying around doing some exploring. Found some planets at Hyades Sector XO-R B4-1 that no one had mapped so I mapped them. Feels good getting your name on a planet :)

I think I'm hooked on exploring for now.. but it's not exactly fast money so I will definitely give mining another try soon.

Return to “Introductions”