Cmdr Antares A Scorpii

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
mindriot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Antares A Scorpii
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Cmdr Antares A Scorpii

Postby mindriot » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:16 pm

Greetings folks.

My commander name is Antares A Scorpii.

Though I have been aware of ED since its beginning I really only got round to trying it properly about the middle of 2019. Sad to say Ive dabbled with all of its predecessors including the original Elite, but never to this level!

I got started in open play and it was fine where I was, I got my trade Elite the way the grind intended, through trading missions, then as I began to travel around I started to encounter the gankers and some saddos from The Code, not the word I use for them but never mind I cant use the proper reference here.

About that time I was about to uninstall it and I realised some friends and friends of friends play, so I started to participate in a great PvE closed group, and still do. From there Ive branched out to far too many ships (30+) and thoroughly been buried in the res/engineering grind lol, about the only PvE thing I havent done much of is exploration, too busy grinding engineering :D

I mainly pursue the engineering grind for personal goals, its my aim to "complete" every ship I own, and Im actually most of the way there, all res sources solved its just the slow hard work it takes for G5 manufactured!

One problem is mainly the private friends group players are AUS, and its hard to team up through the week, even weekends sometimes.

Suddenly as of writing this now today Ive got 1775 hours in the game and recently with some wing activities seemingly, and long overdue, fixed, I wondered about a group such as Mobius, maybe theres more to be had in wing activity, maybe theres some new reward to be had in helping others.

The game continues to engage, frustrate, and even disappoint me sometimes, but we seem to keep pursuing it dont we. :)

So thats it, thanks to the powers that be for accepting me and looking forward to getting a look around and seeing where membership here takes me in the game.

o7

https://inara.cz/cmdr/200623/

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: Cmdr Antares A Scorpii

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Antares A Scorpii.

Wow.... it sounds like you've got quite the E-D career going! 30 ships, eh? Nice!

Our discord server is probably the best place for you to look for wingmen and others to interact with in the game.

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

mindriot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Antares A Scorpii

Postby mindriot » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:20 pm

Thanks for the welcome. And the info.

Umm, just made it 34 ships. :D

Ive joined the Discord earlier today too thanks.

I like to experiment and especially to take a ship to a role it was never intended for (some work some dont), or making them the best they can be. Just experimenting building a Python station rescue ship atm. Its a solid way to learn each ship in depth.

I do my ship ID's by the sequential number the game uses, which inara can reveal, I use AS for the first 2 digits (cmdr initials), then the number, then a letter designating purposes. I just made AS341R ! :oops: Thats the sad count of how many Ive bought and sold so far.

A lot of that is what keeps me interested and logging in regular inbetween sessions with friends.

Its nice to log in and hava a ship ready to go for any whim that comes to mind. Some are spread out at a couple of locations, eg Asterope, Robigo.

The really sad part is that each and every ship is, in entirety, G4/5 engineered :oops:

Up to now Ive largely flown with a small but solid bunch of game friends, still will when timezones permit, might be able to tempt some to here will see. Flying with a solid group really enhances the game, its a shame theres so little FDev motivation to properly round out the game or take it to its full potential, it would be nice if we could all be in open with more serious consequences for gankers.

I follow Star Citizen, but dont yet play, those devs have some truly excellent ideas for crime and punishment.

All of this was made relatively easy by VO mining, its less easy now but still possible.

for me the most valuable commodity in game is not credits, its the accessability of materials! :D

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:19 am

Welcome Commander Antares A Scorpii.
Hope to meet you in the Black one day !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member