CMDR Def Munky

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Def Munky
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Def Munky

Postby Def Munky » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Hello all!

I have only been playing about a week since I bought the game right at the end of the Steam Year-end sale.

I joined the Mobius group as I like playing games with people around (MMOs and the like) but I am more of a fan of opt-in PVP (arenas, duels, battlegrounds, etc.) vs. fully open PVP.

Full on PVE is perfectly fine by me as well! lol

By day I am an IT tech in a manufacturing facility, by night I fly through space trying to figure out what I am going to do with my "life". :D

Currently I'm in a Krait MK2 outfitted for core mining with a little over 200 mil credits burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm thinking about getting a smaller ship (like a Diamondback Explorer) to bounce around in, but overall for now maybe I'll keep it simple... or maybe I'll make a few more mining trips and go crazy... lol

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: CMDR Def Munky

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:16 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Def Munky.

The Krait MK2 is a great multi-roll ship and looks to be serving you well in your mining sessions. There are a lot of choices to make regarding ships, 'careers', and generally.... what you want to do in the game as you get settled in to E-D.

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Welcome Commander Def Munky.
Hope to meet you in the Black one day!
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Def Munky
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Def Munky » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

I've been watching some stuff on YouTube to learn some basics and hopping out to get a little experience actually doing whatever it is I'm trying to learn. I've got some experience in Eve as well, so steep learning curves/cliffs aren't new to me. ;) The main pull for me

I'm already a member of the main Mobius group (I think it's the main anyway, lol) but either tonight or tomorrow I'm going to hop on Discord too. Is there something like an in-game group chat as well, or just the channels visible by default?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Def Munky wrote:I'm already a member of the main Mobius group (I think it's the main anyway, lol) but either tonight or tomorrow I'm going to hop on Discord too. Is there something like an in-game group chat as well, or just the channels visible by default?

In-game chat is pretty limited.

On our discord you'll find the #Social text chat (pretty active) and the less active #General voice chat channels. There are tons of specialty text channels too. It's a great place to go to get your questions answered pretty quickly, too.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Introductions”